Sending emails doesn't help you get started : Swingers Discussion 188842
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsGetting StartedSending emails doesn't help you get started
TOPIC: Sending emails doesn't help you get started
Created by: Doc_n_Janine The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 26   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I was actually wondering about you. Glad all is well.

Port Canaveral FL
Username hidden
(5320 posts)
When one asks any kind of question in the forums you have to expect many different points of view. Of course 100% are not going to be what you want to hear. I have asked questions and not like what I have heard BUT those people did make me think in a way that I did not think of before. Having many people put it in a different perspectives can actually help. Deleting what you wrote in a OP doesnt help you . Many people follow the forums, even if they do not post. Someone who might have been interested reads this and says WTF.. * red flag what is going on with these people. Dont ever be afraid to ask a question in forums for fear of what people will post. You will never receive any info if you do not ask. I do hope you find what you are looking for in the lifestyle. Good luck and have fun.

Augusta NJ
Username hidden
(16055 posts)
I agree with everyone's input, with what the OP expects from reading their profile, they might as well just set up a plate glass window between both couples. because the only thing your gonna get excited about would be the steam on the glass from your breath. maybe the OP would be better off just CAM'ing with another couple.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2317 posts)
FWIW, I thought all of the responses were respectful and on target...no berating that I can see and no bandwagon jumping. Just because a few posters happen to agree with each other does not mean there was a conspiracy to discredit the OP.

Hope you find what you are looking for Doc and don't be a stranger to the forums....and most importantly, have fun!

A

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12114 posts)
you didn't SS, I don't think the OP liked the responses so he took his ball and went home...

Pottstown PA
Username hidden
(1576 posts)
i must have missed something.

Port Canaveral FL
Username hidden
(5320 posts)
I'm posting late to this thread, but I think the discussion has missed several important points that I'd like to mention. They have nothing to do with the compatibility of interests question. Since the original post was taken down, I can't quote it, so I apologize if I've distorted what the OP said.

The OP says they will be visiting during the weekend, and so at the start or middle of the week they begin sending out e-mails. In my view, at a minimum this leaves the recipients very little time to plan for a meeting. They'll need to have some kind of discussion with the OP couple, who they'll never have heard of before. They'll need to find a sitter or free up time. Perhaps there are great numbers of lifestyle participants who have nothing to do on the weekends, but I'm sure there are many like us who need lots of advance notice to be able to meet. If we received an e-mail on Wednesday or Thursday wanting to meet Friday or Saturday, we'd likely not be interested.

The OP notes that they sent out about 30 e-mails. I'm sure that the locals know that the visitors are doing this (or if they didn't know, they do now). So if they are realistic, they have to figure that the visitors can at best meet two couples, with meeting one couple being more likely. So if the visitors get 5 responses, a local couple will have to rank #1 of those 5 to be sure of getting a meeting. Why would they put a lot of time or effort into this?

Finally, we don't know what the e-mail that the OP sent out said, but it's certainly possible that it was something like "Hi, we'll be in town this weekend. We saw your profile, liked it, and think we have common interests. Wanna meet Saturday night?" And maybe there's some information that's in the visitors' profile. Would we be all excited based on that? No.

While we've never been contacted by the OP, we have gotten the "I/we will be in your city this weekend" e-mails. Half are received too late for us to meet if we wanted to, and half are from people whose interests aren't anything like ours, making us wonder if they read and understood our profile.

So I think the problem here is much more complex than the activities the visitors want to participate in.

Kitty Hawk NC
Username hidden
(271 posts)
Is it always about personal gain?

It primarily is about sex. Isnt that what we are all here for? Why would people want to play with others they are not compatible with?

Augusta NJ
Username hidden
(16055 posts)
of course, FUN MAY BE whining til he's blue in the face. it's not like we'd know. :)

me, i turn black in the face when i whine too much.

Port Canaveral FL
Username hidden
(5320 posts)
i know right?

wtf has happened to me?

Port Canaveral FL
Username hidden
(5320 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 26   End
TOPIC: Sending emails doesn't help you get started