Question about hosting a Meet Greet : Swingers Discussion 2065331011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsGetting StartedQuestion about hosting a Meet Greet
TOPIC: Question about hosting a Meet Greet
GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 20 
User Details are only visible to members.
@Nic - A club with multiple floors??? Not here. :( You may be able to find big enough parking spots at Costco here. LOL And strangely, there aren't any RV's here on Maui. Not sure if they're allowed here.

Lahaina HI

Username hidden
(493 posts)
-Check with any of your local hotels to see if they have a conference room available. You can play your own music and dance in there and have rooms available upstairs. -Find out how the hotel feels about people drinking. -Explain to people that drinks must be kept exclusive to private rooms, not in public. -Depending on the types of rooms available; some hotels have rooms that connect. You could always get a few adjoining rooms and remember to keep the music levels reasonable.

Toledo OH

Username hidden
(1366 posts)
We host Meet and Greets here in the Washington DC area. Now mind you, there are more Lifestylers per capita here than pretty much any other place. What we do is we post it under the hot date area. We are also members on other LS sites and do the same there. The hardest part is marketing the event. There is a restaurant/bar/lounge here that we have gone to the manager and told them who we are and what we do. They are totally cool with it...in fact..most are intrigued. Now around here, public nudity and booze are not allowed in the same place, so there are no games or on premise activity. But the venue is close to many hotels within walking distance so it works out great. It's also to your advantage to pick a quiet venue versus a loud one as people who want to talk and get to know each other don't have to scream at each other....any questions, feel free to send us a bird :-)

Manassas Park VA

Username hidden
(4 posts)
Is there a nightclub with multiple floors or areas where you can hang out and talk? Any within walking distance of a hotel? Or a parking lot big enough for my RV??

;^D

Poland OH

Username hidden
(11885 posts)
@outdoors - Thanks! Great hints!

@Nic - Hmmmm.....off-hand, I can't think of anyplace like that here on Maui. Hotels here don't have dance floors/nightclubs anymore. One does, but they only open it for special events (large conventions, charity events, etc). I know.... :( Maui's Liquor Commission board is WAAAYYYYYY nazi and there are massive rules about dancing in places where liquor is being served, so the hotels have just stopped having nightclubs.

Lahaina HI

Username hidden
(493 posts)
I might suggest that you host it at a hotel where there are a couple of bars, one a quiet place to hang out and the other that has a dance floor. We have one like that nearby and it works well because everyone can meet in the "quiet" bar, talk, mingle drink and if some or all want to move to the dance floor, it gives you another "activity". A little girl/girl dancing (which happens at any vanilla bar every night) helps loosen things up. Of course, couples can switch dance partners without drawing too much attention and if there is some chemistry, hey, you are in a hotel so there are beds nearby for those who want to continue that party in private. Or a group! lol

Good luck and have fun!!

Poland OH

Username hidden
(11885 posts)
Also never having hosted such an event, I'm just speculating:

Once you have announced it, and there's a set date, people will treat it as a real happening in their lives. They'll communicate from a more "real" place, as though you're actually going to meet.

You then might proceed to meet people in advance, just to gain some allies for the M&G -- others you can trust to assist in the hospitality, a core group that will make others feel more comfortable.

If you're meeting to discuss the M&G -- the various options, guessing what folks may like -- you have a default topic that's NOT "shall we fuck tonight". In the course of your brainstorming, some lovely ideas may come forth.

If your party is in wintertime, you might even get some of your growing group of admirers from the mainland. Lots of folks think they want to see Hawaii "some day".

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
@Kurt - Wow! Thank you soooo much for replying so thoroughly! I have many ideas now. Hopefully, we can get something together by the end of the year.

And hey... if you're ever on Maui...... :)

Lahaina HI

Username hidden
(493 posts)
Hey, WannaTry808,

I've been to a few M&Gs here in the MD area. Here are some comments, thoughts, observations:

* Have it in a public place. We usually meet 7:30PM until whenever...

* Keep open the option of eating. Some people are a little shy at these things and eating/drinking gives them something to do if there's nothing to chat about or no one to chat with.

* There's no play at the vanilla club.

* Do not engage vanilla patrons with LS talk unless they actually approach you with knowledge aforehand (very rare). I've been to ones where a woman might pop out a boob or bare her pussy over a pocket when you are shooting pool. It's fun, but it's a good way to get the management turned off on your group.

* Advertise on SLS and have folks declare they are coming. This is a good way to gauge attendance and let others know who to look forward to being there.

* "Activities/Games" vs. "Just Drinking/Eating/Talking". I've been to both. I think I favor the "Just Drinking/Eating/Talking". At one where there were "Activities/Games", it became an open secret what the nature of the gathering was and that then served to attract groups of leering folks (mainly single guys). I think discretion is important in public. I remember what someone once told me, "The responsible kinkster shall not impose their kink on others." I think that kind of holds true for the M&G. You want to be invited back (by the management). You want to be a group of folks that that bar owners know (even if they actually find out you are in the LS) are responsible, good looking, friendly, money-spending folks.

* Keep the invitation list open to everyone: couples, SMs, SFs, bi-interests, whoever. It's for all flavors in the lifestyle. Be sex positive. Be the perfect host and hostess, welcome all that found there way to you through the open invitation that you'd posted. If you get too exclusive too soon, you run the risk of throttling interest before it's even begun.

* Be careful not to leave a papertrail of lifestyle-related material. Discretion and privacy are important. If word gets out about the nature and interests of the group you've assembled, to the wrong folks, it could poison prospects by having "spectators" hovering around or management getting complaints that they'll take out on you by giving you the boot or crappy service.

* Everyone pays their own way.

I hope that this helps. Again, this is just me talking. I've not run a M&G before, but have been to several. Good luck to you with putting something like this together. Be patient. It can sometimes take a little time to build a critical mass.

All my best, hon.

Karl

Daniels MD

Username hidden
(343 posts)
Ok, so...the lifestyle here on Maui is basically nil. There are none to very, very few M&G's, parties, etc.

Hubby and I were talking about possibly hosting a Meet & Greet later this year. Just a fun, simple, casual couple of hours for people in the LS to get to meet each other, hang out and chat.

Question 1: Would having it at a public place like a restaurant or bar be ok? We have a family, so our home is not available. And we don't know anyone else here in the LS (yet) that would have a suitable home, so we think the public place would be our only option at this point.

Question 2: Are there planned "activities" or games or anything at these things? I figure it would be a lot like any other cocktail party, but folks here are so reserved and shy that I thought we might have to have some fun ice-breaker type things to get people chatting and moving around.

Question 3: Any other hints or tips anyone would have on hosting a nice Meet & Greet? Or what NOT to do is also very helpful.

Mahalo (thank you)!!

Lahaina HI

Username hidden
(493 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 20 
TOPIC: Question about hosting a Meet Greet