Profile pic vs no profile pic : Swingers Discussion 208992
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsGetting StartedProfile pic vs no profile pic
TOPIC: Profile pic vs no profile pic
Created by: WannaTry808
Original Starting post for this thread:
Ok...so... I just don't get this. Hubby and I take time to write our profile and post a (hopefully) decent profile pic and public pix. And we barely get any emails or repsonses to emails we send.

Meanwhile, some people we know have a profile consisting of less than 10 sentences and *zero* pictures. And they get emails all the time.

Now...granted...I realize that hubby and I would never be confused for Channing Tatum and Sofia Vergara. :) But I just don't understand that folks with basically *no* profile to speak of get approached so much.

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
User Details are only visible to members.
My wife and I have only been here for about a month and got little response but with the ones we have talked online, I have to find time with family and work. I have noticed its a little hard to set up something quick and it's gets even hard to set something a a month or more cause our time may change at a moment notice. Kinda suck for use.

New Braunfels TX
Username hidden
(78 posts)
@kthnx - Exactly!

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(510 posts)
We really don't respond to profiles with no pics and that is pretty much a given on here . You might be seeing older profiles that have established themselves over time . A well written, honest profile will get as many responses as one with a ton of pics.You are basically "putting yourself" out there and you would be surprised what people find attractive and what they do not....

Eldorado IL
Username hidden
(33 posts)
I don't get the "no pic" thing either. Let's face it--there has to be an attraction, just like dating in the vanilla world. Face pics on a profile aren't necessary on a lifestyle site, but you have to at least open up your private pics so that the other couple can see if there's anything there. We don't have public face pics for privacy and professional reasons, but we readily open them for those who contact us. So far, it's worked out fine, though we're not exactly deluged with emails;)

Tempe AZ
Username hidden
(172 posts)
Oh no...if anything, we are raising our standards.

We have a feeling that the LS here where we live is "cyclical", especially because of the different tourist seasons. We are looking forward to this Fall and Winter being "busier" as Summer is when a lot of families come to Maui.

We are taking this "down time" to work on our diet and exercise programs, tweak our profile, take new pix, etc. Mr Wanna and I already have uber-great sex, so this LS is just *bonus action*. LOL

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(510 posts)
Don't take it personal. I had a friend in college that bragged about getting laid every weekend and made me feel like sh*t. I finally got to meet one of his "conquests" and she was a total beast. Moral of the story: be careful what you wish for. Keep on keeping on and don't lower your standards!

Virginia Beach VA
Username hidden
(313 posts)
@Iflirt - I totally get the whole excitement of the "blind date" meeting thing and one day we will be in a position where that can be a possibility. With us right now, however, we have a family and our playtime is very limited. I need to know if we are even vaguely attracted to these people before I go thru all the hassle of arranging childcare, etc.

And I don't mind if a profile doesn't have a public pix as long as it is well written and the person/couple sends us a pix in the first email.

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(510 posts)
@nic - I don't understand it either. I know we need to take some new pix, which we will soon. And I constantly tweak our profile as I think of new/different things.

We do get *some* visitors emailing us before they come here. We usually get approached by couples that are much older than us, which is nice in a way as these people are more well-off, experienced and usually own their own home or condo here. So far, the majority have not been a good match for us in one way or another (bad timing, guy is shorter than me, the couple is old enough to be our parents, etc) :)

You know what's cool, tho? Whenever we meet up with other people, they always tell us that we are *exactly* like our profile. We look exactly like our pictures and our written profile is exactly like how we are. :) I guess that's a good thing.

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(510 posts)
@kind - Is the other couple actually getting meet-ups and playmates?? Meetings - yes. Playmates - not sure. (They don't kiss and tell.) She's bi, so their range of potential playmates is more.

They actually deactivated their profile last week because they were getting inundated with emails! :(

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(510 posts)
@kind - You are too kind, Kind!! Ummm...I doubt that we are too hot, tho. I *wish* that were the case! LOL

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(510 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
TOPIC: Profile pic vs no profile pic