Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Getting Started Post one random fact about yourselves
TOPIC: Post one random fact about yourselves
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 6962   End
User Details are only visible to members.
NJNYbi- the Sexual Season- Mid April thru Halloween.................If you are a Professional.............there is ALWAYS a season!

As far as getting better or worse.............Like water in a stream..........it's a natural tendency throughout life to strive to find the "path of least resistance"............ie. An easier way to do things, but this path does not always make us stronger. Sometimes, many times you must "go thru that wall"!!, you must take that hill!! It's the STRUGGLE that make us stronger, more wise, BETTER! We must dare to be GREAT (like The Racer). Greatness is the fruit of toil, sacrifice and courage!

One of The Racer's favorite quotes: "Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Bonneau SC
Username hidden
(356 posts)
Even though our bodies continually age, there are things we learn, practice, and engage in that can get better despite advancing age. I believe people can learn new techniques, how to better engage in conversation or play with others, how to be more clear about what we want, how to listen to others more effectively, etc. People who are dedicated to improving their health in myriad ways (weight reduction, strength training, controlling their blood sugar, and so on) actually do make themselves "better," IMO.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9286 posts)
Posting on a forum is considered arguing? Ok, if you think of it like that.

As we age, our brain takes a beating. Starting with reflexes. We talk, we walk, we act slower. We grow forgetful. Our hair becomes white, our teeth yellow (unless we decide to invest in chicletes), our skin wrinkles, did I mention the shrinking brain, you know, nerve tracts shrivel, often leaving frigging holes in our brain.

It doesn't mean that we should stop exercising physically and mentally. But the truth is, we do not get better.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17263 posts)
I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. Just trying to understand. It's all in your perspective.

BT

It's Getting Better All the Time - The Beatles...Well, maybe it's only getting better for Ringo and Paul now?

Sherborn MA
Username hidden
(8993 posts)
There is much more to getting better than simply being younger.

No amount of arguing will change your mind so I'm just saying what I think.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20536 posts)
As I thought. i was looking at that quote from the standpoint of getting better at something, whether it be how you handle difficult people/situations, becoming more proficient at your job, increasing your skill set, any action that is deemed positive.

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(275 posts)
The years my friend, the years. I watch myself, my friends, family members and no amount of make up, working out, & eating properly stops Mama Nature.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17263 posts)
Sed,

I would agree if we were only talking about something like aging, but would disagree otherwise. How do you define "worse" in the context of your post?

BT

Sherborn MA
Username hidden
(8993 posts)
No one gets better. We all get worse. Regardless of how much we want to kid ourselves.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17263 posts)
"remember: Each day, You're either getting BETTER or getting WORSE!"

Sometimes I agree completely with Racer. This is one of those times.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20536 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 6962   End
TOPIC: Post one random fact about yourselves