No response email : Swingers Discussion 193957
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsGetting StartedNo response email
TOPIC: No response email
Created by: mandd1188
Original Starting post for this thread:
We are new to all of this. Started in early December 2011 so we are definitely still learning. Our problem is we rarely get any response to emails that we send out. We actually have never received a "no thanks, we're not interested". What are we doing wrong? We are looking for either a MMF (which we did have our first experience) or a MFF with my wife being the female with another couple. I would think that a lot of couples would be interested in this. My pictures are not on the site and I'm wondering if this is a problem. Just didn't feel it was necessary since my wife will be the one with the other couple not me. What do you think?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 15   End
User Details are only visible to members.
sablu-yeah, but I'll actually advocate for the free members on this one. Why should they waste a free e-mail telling someone no when a non-answer achieves the same effect? I send out tons of e-mails and probably only get responses from 25% of them. I'm not exactly revolving my schedule around impending responses that I probably won't be getting so it really doesn't matter whether I get a response unless they want to meet up (which would of course require them to respond). A good way around this is to include your personal e-mail address in your initial e-mail so they don't have to use up their 5 a day allowance.

Saint Clair Shores MI
Username hidden
(228 posts)
The problem is this is the ME generation. Free members do not want to waste a e-mail to say not interested. I get no reply to 90% of my contacts. Why don't SLS allow someone to reply not interested for free.

Floresville TX
Username hidden
(2 posts)
wow...as I wrote the below, just got back a response from a single guy and it was very nice, said, "Thanks for your response, I understand. Take care."

Now THAT was a good reply to a "not interested."

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7295 posts)
Here is the thing that usually happens when I do take the time to respond with a polite, yes POLITE not interested. They just keep emailing. Maybe they wait a little while and email again as if they'd never emailed before (please single guys, keep track!), and so I end up saying, "you've emailed us before and unfortunately, we are not interested." That's as blunt as I get in an email. usually it's even kinder than that.

G.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7295 posts)
I have to plead guilty on this. When we established our profile in December, we were positively inundated with emails, and I frankly lost track. (I've been told that making "newbies" a part of our handle was a big mistake;). Now, after things have calmed down somewhat, I'm a bit more considerate in replying, but I do tend to ignore illiterate emails. There's no way my wife or I are going to be attracted to people who can't put a sentence together, no matter how "hot" they are. Just our preference, I guess.

Tempe AZ
Username hidden
(172 posts)
Yeah, like previous poster said, I normally don't get responses. Probably 30% of the time I get some kind of response. But you can see on your sent mail if the recipients have opened your mail. Obviously if they've opened it and not responded, they're not interested (or at least the ball is in their court). I know a lot of people think not responding is impolite but personally it doesn't matter to me. I don't need to be told in writing that there is no interest when I can see they've opened my message and not answered it.

Saint Clair Shores MI
Username hidden
(228 posts)
JOEY....thanks for the laugh we both enjoyed your metaphor and completely agree!

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5357 posts)
Thanks for all of your replies! When we get a chance we will update our profile with many of your suggestions. Thanks again!

Avon IN
Username hidden
(3 posts)
I disagree with it being rude not to answer.

Its like posting a wanted ad for a vehicle.

"Im a contractor looking for a 4wheel drive pickup truck with a snowplow to plow parking lots. MUST be newer than a 2000 and MUST have a plow installed"

Then you get

"I have a ford taurus for sale, will that work?"

"I have a 1987 truck with a plow"

"I have a 2002 but its 2 wheel drive with no plow"

"Would a volkswagon beetle work?"

"Id be willing to sell you my harley"

I mean really. Do those messages warrant a reply?

We're dont have a laundry list of specific requirements but do have some basics, and if someone doesnt take the time to read our profile or decides to email when they clearly are not even close to what we are looking for......Then I dont think they should be expecting a response.

And if I did respond it would be to question their literacy.

"

Mount Juliet TN
Username hidden
(663 posts)
I'm not sure how prevalent it is, but I've come across many couples who wonder aloud in their profiles why the male halves rarely appear in other couples' pictures. As you said, your pictures shouldn't matter if it's her that will be participating. On the other hand, the quick solution would be to just throw a few innocent pictures of the two of you on your profile and eliminate the potential problem. One other small suggestion is it may be productive to have a full body shot of her. That's something I always look for right away. Blurring or cutting off the face is always acceptable for discreetness. I'm surprised you've had much trouble. You've written a nice, clear profile and the one public pic you have is attractive. Best of luck.

Fort Washington MD
Username hidden
(40 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 15   End
TOPIC: No response email