No one responds to sent messages : Swingers Discussion 219864
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsGetting StartedNo one responds to sent messages
TOPIC: No one responds to sent messages
Created by: couple_looking30
Original Starting post for this thread:
We are new here, and I (the Mrs.) am the one messaging different people, and it seems like no one responds to them, even if they are not interested. Can someone offer me some insight? Thanks, B
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 26   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I am new here, just about a month. I reply to every email I receive, even if it's just the generic one SLS supplies. And I receive thank you emails back for responding. What ever happened to common courtesy?

Port Chester NY

Username hidden
(1 post)
There can be lots of reasons for a non-reply and our experience has been the likelihood of each reason varies with the type of person to whom the email is sent. For example:

- no reply from a single guy: unlikely the majority of the time unless you are deep into his no category.

- no reply from a single female: very likely because they get tons of emails and have their pick of the litter so to speak.

- no reply from a couple: a) they are chatting up several other couples and are too busy, b) only one of them read the email and hasn't talked to the other about it, c) it's really a single pretending to be a couple, d) they haven't logged on in a while, d) from reading your profile/seeing your pic you are in their "maybe" category, e) you are a "no" but they don't want to hurt your feelings.

For us, the most liberating thing someone not interested in us can do is reply with a no thank you. It lets us know what they are thinking and more importantly frees our minds to pursue other options. As the husband writing here, I've written to six single women over the past two years, all within what I'd consider catchable for me, and received no replies. But that's no biggie because this all about choices and fun.

Bensalem PA

Username hidden
(1139 posts)
Talk about coincidence...The day of my last reply, we got an email from a very attractive couple, and for once both Mrs. Tempe and I were quite interested. So I wrote a nice, thoughtful reply, and....nothing.

We've reached the point where this kind of thing doesn't really bother us, but a simple "upon further review" note would have been nice. Common courtesy seems to be all too rare on this site (and on the Net in general, I think). C'est la vie.

Tempe AZ

Username hidden
(149 posts)
We have the same problem. One couple even hid the fact that the man was deaf till me met. We didn't care and would have liked to continue building a friendship, (even it was was just friendship) but we never got a single reply back they moved on not even bothering to say "thanks but no thanks" And it looks like they are still looking. We are still at a loss at what to do...

Hanover PA

Username hidden
(3 posts)
Very true, STG

Bonneau SC

Username hidden
(271 posts)
2HH,

The more likely explanation has nothing to do with your characteristics.

The "couple" you were talking to was either a single guy or it was a couple in which the wife had no idea her husband was trying to involve her in swinging.

A variant of that is that you were talking to the husband and when he finally told his wife about that, she said no.

The fact that you went to Yahoo suggests that the couple was not a paid SLS member. While not all unpaid members are fakes and not all paid members are real, fakes are much more likely to be unpaid than paid.

Sorry to be so cynical, but I'm afraid it comes from years and years worth of experience.

ST

Kitty Hawk NC

Username hidden
(227 posts)
I agree the worst is when someone contacts you then doesn't reply to your response. Or worse, in one case, we were IMing on Yahoo Messenger, exchanging photos and even e-mailing directly, trying to set up a meeting (even arranging to attend one of their house parties) then nothing -even after a couple of attempts to find out why no response. It even appears the person is blocking me as he no longer shows up on Yahoo Messenger. Still mystified. All I can figure is they found something they didn't like in our profile that they'd missed and decided to disappear rather than excuse themselves.

Mchenry IL

Username hidden
(2 posts)
Same here, TomandDiane. Even when the filters fail as they did last week, and we get mail from people who "should have" been blocked, we send a polite response. It's very rare for us to not respond to messages.

Sheboygan Falls WI

Username hidden
(8620 posts)
We're on the same page with Tempenewbies as far as responding to e-mails. Folks that take the time to write a sincere inquiry deserve a response even if it's a thanks, but no thanks.

Princeton NJ

Username hidden
(217 posts)
Wouldn't worry about it. While we reply to all who contact us, with a personally written and polite "no thanks" if we aren't interested, we've seen that a lot of folks here don't have the courtesy to reply. I (male half) do use the "canned response" on some people who obviously didn't bother to read the profile, or are crude, illiterate, etc., but if it's an honest inquiry, I think they deserve the courtesy of a response. But that's just how we roll.

Tempe AZ

Username hidden
(149 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 26   End
TOPIC: No one responds to sent messages