Lost in Translation: : Swingers Discussion 60338
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsGetting StartedLost in Translation:
TOPIC: Lost in Translation:
Created by: silkendesert
Original Starting post for this thread:
I have a question for the more experienced couples out there. Q: We are both somewhat new to this and find it difficult to meet and make contact with other couples who enjoy similar interest. While we have made contact with a few couples we have yet to meet any couples who meet our specific desires. We have mailed many other couples and have nor received any replies. We would love to go out and meet new couples and see where it takes us, but are not into swapping. Are our standards too high? Does it actually take this long to meet someone? I think the most annoying thing is not getting replies to E mails, Do more experienced couples experience this? and finally are we just being too rash with immediate expectations?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
User Details are only visible to members.
Thanks for the replies, it is very helpful, so does that mean that couples who have all three selections, mild, moderate and wild are interested in all of those selections or is that a couples way of letting others know that they are only interested in other wild couples? ( I guess what I am asking is there some kind of secret code or are we reading into this way too deeply?) lol. I know you should be a very relaxed crowd out there so be gentle... In the mean time We will take some advice and see how it works. thanks everyone... C&P

Reno NV
Username hidden
(7 posts)
"We would love to go out and meet new couples and see where it takes us, but are not into swapping."

THAT could be a big part of the problem right there. The vast majority of couples who swing ARE into swapping. They probably are not interested in spending time with a couple who is so new to swinging and not interested in swapping. They would prefer to "prospect" with couples where exchanging partners is the anticipated payoff for the time invested in meeting. You may want to focus your attention on couples who list themselves as "Tame" or "Moderate" and ignore the ones who are "Wild" since they are probably not interested in couples who don't exchange partners.

"Are our standards too high? Does it actually take this long to meet someone?"

Your standards MIGHT be too high, but that's not for anyone else to decide. Nobody wants to fool around with someone that doesn't interest them. But newbies often do have unrealistically high expectations. Just remember, you aren't going to MARRY another couple, just enjoy fooling around with them for a while. Still, you need to BOTH be attracted enough to even bother.

"I think the most annoying thing is not getting replies to E mails, Do more experienced couples experience this?"

This is extremely common and is maybe the MOST common complaint of all swingers. Just remember that a nonresponse IS a response. It means they aren't interested in you but don't want to hurt your feelings by rejecting you overtly. Don't take it personally. It happens to everyone and is a regular occurrence. Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
I have a question for the more experienced couples out there. Q: We are both somewhat new to this and find it difficult to meet and make contact with other couples who enjoy similar interest. While we have made contact with a few couples we have yet to meet any couples who meet our specific desires. We have mailed many other couples and have nor received any replies. We would love to go out and meet new couples and see where it takes us, but are not into swapping. Are our standards too high? Does it actually take this long to meet someone? I think the most annoying thing is not getting replies to E mails, Do more experienced couples experience this? and finally are we just being too rash with immediate expectations?

Reno NV
Username hidden
(7 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
TOPIC: Lost in Translation: