Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Getting Started Leaving a number WTH
TOPIC: Leaving a number WTH
Created by: sweetjzabelle
Original Starting post for this thread:
Why do people that have not read your profile, never spoken to you, never emailed you before , think its good to send a one (idiotic) line email and include a phone number. Unless your desperate, or a serial killer, why the hell would you leave a number for people to call you that you know nothing about. Do others not get the fact that alot of ppl can reverse number look up, find a name and an address, then stalk you or your home. I am not one of them, but they dont know that.

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
User Details are only visible to members.
To each thier own, most seem of the same thought.

Spring TX
Username hidden
(2231 posts)
Hello,

I hope that by replying I'm not leaving myself open to 'judgement' but here goes ... As you should be able to figure out .. We have a 'Couple' profile. I, Eliza am the one who for the most part handles the management of the account, from reading profiles, to making first contact, to replying to incoming requests, to joining groups & posting in forums. I have in the past and will in the future give out my cell number.... in a first contact and NO, I/we are NOT desperate, NOT crazy & not stupid. I do it because I do not like staring at that blank white square & thinking .... OMG, I have to write a book. I do it because we're ALL busy. I'm quite offended that people here are reacting so harshly to it. I always include a very nice opening note usually 1-2 paragraphs long & inclosing I will include BOTH cell numbers with a small statement like "If you're interested & if you're more comfortable Please feel free to call or text either or both of us." Frankly I do not see the harm in doing this. I've already read your profile, seen your pics & read your certifications and deemed you 'compatible' ... The rest is entirely up to you; you're welcome to ignore the numbers & 'write' back, if you so choose & no where did I ask for your personal information ... so tell me again ... where's the harm? If you're a serial killer, stalker, or madman ... whether I give you my number up front or 27 emails later ... you're still going to be a serial killer, stalker. or madman ... right? ok, Thanks for listening & for trying to understand 'the other' point of view.

!E

Sussex NJ
Username hidden
(19 posts)
We have a google voice number that we use for swinging.

It's super easy to block someone from calling you, you can silence the service entirely so that you don't see voicemails, calls or texts if you're not in the mood for them. (They can still come in, you just don't get push notifications when you've silenced it)

And best of all? It's attached to our swinging gmail account. Go ahead and try and get a reverse lookup on it, you won't get anywhere.

Where's the harm in sharing a number under those circumstances? In fact, If you're contacting a free member, sometimes that's easier than them waiting until they can send another email.

Sitting here and proclaiming that you're going to collect numbers and share them with spamming services is a pretty vile thing to do. I say that's far worse than someone who wants to meet you having the audacity to give you a number that you can choose to use, or just ignore... it's downright damaging and hateful for no reason.

Kalona IA
Username hidden
(134 posts)
First of all, welcome to the forums. While you were chatting with these strangers, did it seem that they were being upfront and honest? That you had much in common? Or did they go straight to "call me"?

Some people just don't keyboard well enough to IM, and they're more comfortable on the phone. Just suggesting this possibility, because that hasn't happened to us much.

And seeing that you are new, a certain type of SLS member may sort of pounce on you. It seems that you tend toward caution, so you'll probably be OK.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
the original post is scary? or the fact that people have my #? I'm pretty selective of who I give it out to and so far those that have it have proved trustworthy. I enjoy a fun texting relationship with a couple of guys from out of town. The couples have my number too, because frankly my husband SUCKS at answering his personal phone lol!

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17878 posts)
That's scary. We *never* give out my cell #. We give out hubby's Google Voice #.

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(655 posts)
good lord, I would never do that. Now I enjoy some fun texting and occasional calls from people I know but to put it in on hot dates? or just email it to someone I haven't had prior communications from? oh hell no.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17878 posts)
There is one local couple who posts their phone number in Hot Dates every Friday night. They must get a TON of calls and texts.

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12358 posts)
I get those emails all the time. My reply back to them is, " If you knew me, you wouldn't have wasted your time emailing me. I'm not that easy!" I usually never hear back. :)

Worthington MN
Username hidden
(387 posts)
We get those sometimes. It's weird. We only call people to arrange a meeting and to voice-verify there actually *IS* a female.

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(655 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
TOPIC: Leaving a number WTH