Is there an unwritten rule : Swingers Discussion 209807101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsGetting StartedIs there an unwritten rule
TOPIC: Is there an unwritten rule
Created by: WannaTry808
Original Starting post for this thread:
Is there an unwritten rule somewhere that we don't know about that states one should never contact couples that will be visiting your area??? That you should wait for *them* to contact you?? We live on Maui. Its very "vanilla" here, so when couples list their location as visiting Maui, we are naturally some what interested. But i swear to ***, everytime *we* initiate contact, we get nothing. Not even a "no thanks" email. Just nothing. Unfortunately...the ones that do contact us first...we usually aren"t interested in them, for one reason or another.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
User Details are only visible to members.
@itsbeen - LOL!!! ;-)

@JackDarlene - Very, very true. If someone doesn't have enough manners to respond to a politely written email....

Lahaina HI

Username hidden
(493 posts)
We figure that anyone who would ignore a polite expression of interest isn't really someone that we'd want to get to know any way. :-) --------------------------- That about sums it up! "Good answer, good answer!" *ala Family Feud

Jacksonville FL

Username hidden
(2271 posts)
If you spend much time on the SLS Forums, you'll see that Lack Of Response to emails is a very common complaint. This is seen by Everyone, ranging from newbies just getting their toes wet to old hands who started swinging when dinosaurs roamed the earth. It helps to develop a thick skin. We figure that anyone who would ignore a polite expression of interest isn't really someone that we'd want to get to know any way. :-)

Fairview Heights IL

Username hidden
(775 posts)
Some people in the forums may have noticed we've complained of this problem in the past ourselves. It's been frustrating and we've wanted to just give up with the whole pursuit, but we take a step back and realize we just need to keep trying as it's a huge waiting game for most of the swingers out there.

For untold numbers of reasons, it's difficult enough for two people to be sufficiently pleased with one another that they want to enter into a sexual adventure (unless the two people have no discerning tastes at all and/or no limits to their play) so it isn't too hard to see how it can be exponentially more difficult to please all four people in a proposed couples exchange when you factor in those variables for each of the people on either side of the equation. Just do what you feel you must to attract those you're interested in and don't hold your breath. If they're interested, they'll make a move. If they don't, something must not have rung their bell and who wants to play with people when bells aren't being rung?

Bartlett TN

Username hidden
(66 posts)
Note to self....change location in advance to trip to Maui?

Jacksonville FL

Username hidden
(2271 posts)
@sweetjzabelle - Sure, I can totally understand that. Especially as a single female on here, you are probably inundated with msgs.

My "beef' with all this is that if people do not wish to be contacted when traveling somewhere, why in the world would they change their location to say where they'll be? To me, changing they're location is an indication that they're looking. Now, if they have specific requirements that they are looking for to fulfill some "vacation fantasy" (i.e.- asian/filipino females only, hawaiian surfer boys only, tour guides, etc...) then they should clearly state that in their tag-line or the very top of the profile. Just that would save us sooo much time.

Ok...vent over! LOL

Lahaina HI

Username hidden
(493 posts)
@FunTogether - Hey thanks! {blush} Very true, you never know. It gets annoying because online is our only contact with other LS folks. It's truly feast or famine here...mostly famine. :)

Lahaina HI

Username hidden
(493 posts)
@kinddragon - Well, you better get busy answering those emails, lady!! :)

Lahaina HI

Username hidden
(493 posts)
@outdoors - Why yes...we're all *maneaters* here.... {wink-wink}

Yes, you never know what people's circumstances are when they come to visit. Vanilla vacation, vacation with the kids, etc.

We were actually conatcted once by a couple wanting to play on their vacation, but they had their kids with them, so they wanted *US* to rent a room. WTH??!?

Lahaina HI

Username hidden
(493 posts)
@twohots - Thanks! We always answer every msg we get, even if it's to say "no thanks". I feel people deserve a response. Now...granted...we don't get many emails per week (maybe 1-3) so it's NOT hard or time consuming for us to do so. And I figure it builds my "politely saying no" skills. LOL

Lahaina HI

Username hidden
(493 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
TOPIC: Is there an unwritten rule