Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Getting Started How do we get people to understand his work schedule
TOPIC: How do we get people to understand his work schedule
Created by: Sexy_LA_Couple
Original Starting post for this thread:
We would love to meet people. We will chat with them on here or email or wherever. But because of the way he works, no schedule what so ever, we have to say no lots. We also have to have a sitter to watch our child when we wish to go out. I find myself telling people not this weekend, he won't be home until Monday, or whenever, and then the next weekend comes along and he has already left for work. Yes it has happened. He was home for 48hrs and had to leave again. People don't take us seriously...and we want to be taken seriously. We like the rest of you want to have fun!! Advice, tips, pointers?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
User Details are only visible to members.
We totally understand. We try to be as flexible with our schedule as possible, but things happen and our schedule changes without notice. Not to mention stuff like Aunt Flo, kids getting sick all of a sudden, etc.

I would just make a line or 2 in your profile, briefly describe the situation and just hope for the best. Yes, maybe a club would be best for you guys.

*There are NO clubs where we live, so we just wait and wait and wait.....

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(653 posts)
Have you looked in your area for clubs?

I found attending was much easier than trying to arrange a meet. We can go out if it works for us and we don't have to try to schedule match. We also don't have to feel bad if we need to cancel suddenly because we didn't make a commitment to meet with someone else.

The Wife

Denham Springs LA
Username hidden
(64 posts)
nic knows all about working around schedules...to the point of waiting 2 years lol

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17877 posts)
I think a cert would help people accept that your are "real". So if Mrs. Sexy-LA-Couple wants to fly to Ohio for a weekend, I would be happy to provide said cert.

I consider it my duty to the rest of SLS to provide such services, it's just the kinda guy I am.

;^D

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12343 posts)
First off, be thankful you have a job! Any legitimate potential playmates will understand your schedule and will adjust fire accordingly.

Virginia Beach VA
Username hidden
(313 posts)
Very well could. He just left a rig in Barnhart headed home finally. Been gone since the 5th. And he will be home for 10-days to 2 weeks, if we are lucky. The office never can keep their word. Blah!!

Robeline LA
Username hidden
(10 posts)
We are from south Louisiana (oild field) so I assumed he worked in the oil field to. We moved to Midland about 16 months ago because the oild field is booming out here right now.

Like him I don't work a set schedule like most people do, hell we might do the same thing, lol. I'm waiting on a rig to pick us back up in the next couple of days. hope they wait till Sunday as we have plans to meet a few couples tomorrow night at a local club.

Odessa TX
Username hidden
(451 posts)
Funny, my husband works in the oilfield too. And yes most people in the area know about it. However what he does he doesn't have a schedule like 21/21 or 14/14. From start to finish! And like you is gone for a week to months at a time. But thanks for the tip. Good idea, I think Ill change it. We want to meet people just like everyone else.

Robeline LA
Username hidden
(10 posts)
We can relate. I can be home for a hour and get called back out or it can be a week. And when I do go out on a job it can be for a day or run longer than a month.

But we are lucky in that I work in the oil field and almost everyone in this area either works in it or knows someone who does so for the most part they understand.

I noticed you mention his work at the end of your profile. What we did is put it at the top of ours explaining the type of schedule I work so people see it right away. We also explain how it might take some time to get our Schedules lined up because of it. If people still have a problem with that, oh well, move on to someone who understands.

Odessa TX
Username hidden
(451 posts)
We would love to meet people. We will chat with them on here or email or wherever. But because of the way he works, no schedule what so ever, we have to say no lots. We also have to have a sitter to watch our child when we wish to go out. I find myself telling people not this weekend, he won't be home until Monday, or whenever, and then the next weekend comes along and he has already left for work. Yes it has happened. He was home for 48hrs and had to leave again. People don't take us seriously...and we want to be taken seriously. We like the rest of you want to have fun!! Advice, tips, pointers?

Robeline LA
Username hidden
(10 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
TOPIC: How do we get people to understand his work schedule