Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Getting Started First Time Meeting Disappointment
TOPIC: First Time Meeting Disappointment
Created by: Mountaineer2005 The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
User Details are only visible to members.
That is so very rude. No one should be left out of the loop when in this lifestyle. They should not have invited anyone else without consulting you and if the club was for lifestyle folks then you should have been told. Just remember that like in any other situation where you are meeting new people there are going to be some rude, some kind, some truly wonderful. Don't let it get you down but be very selective.

Romoland CA
Username hidden
(134 posts)
We have all had our disappointments.....so what, life goes on......

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(79 posts)
Well, I must be out in left field on this one because I wouldn't feel a bit miffed if they were the ones who did the inviting. In fact, I'd be well pleased that there were other couples to meet and greet. Who knows who you might find interesting? Obviously they thought you were interesting enough to invite others to meet you too. What's wrong with that?

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
Not knowing how your invite was worded it seems bad form to invite you to a place that seemed more like a meet and greet. It sounds like your intent or understanding was you were going to meet just that couple i too would have felt a bit uncomfortable in that situation I hope you will have better experiences in the future. But on the brite side you did get a chance to meet some future playmates

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(14 posts)
I would have to say, IMO, if others were invited, they should have given you a heads up. I would have been a little uncomfy if I did not know in advance. It gives you a chance to look over the others profiles to see if you have anything in common if they tell you their SLS profile name in advance. Sounds like you handled it with class. Maybe for future 1st time meets, you can pick a quieter atmosphere so you can talk. To me, if you can't talk a bit at first, how are you going to know what you want/need to know?

RaveN ( :~

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(8589 posts)
THEY invited YOU. Now, if you invited them and they invited others without telling you, that would be really bad form. But they invited you...they simply did not tell you that they invited others. And since it was their gig, so to speak, they have the right to invite whoever they want.

I would say that it also depends on HOW they invited you. If they were planning on going to the club, regardless of whether or not you were going to meet them, and invited you to give y'all the opportunity to meet, then that's a little different than the two (or four)of you planning an outing together. They possibly could have seen it as a way to introduce you to more couples, since you are new to the lifestyle.

We have found that people that have been in the lifestyle for quite while, do not taking meeting couples as seriously as people that are new to the lifestyle do. So you may have taken the meeting far more seriously than they did.

You may want to seek out other couples that are new to the lifestyle as you are. We have found that those that have had similar lifestyle experiences as we do, often make for the most successful relationships.

Robin

Cleveland MS
Username hidden
(64 posts)
Yes, that was terribly rude of the first couple - we'd scratch them off the list for sure. We don't like clubs and bars for meeting new couples and always work out a first meeting in public at a quiet restaurant - that allows us to meet one another, chat and check the mutual attraction, and no one's attention is tempted to wander off the couple we're meeting (and their's won't wander either).

Murfreesboro TN
Username hidden
(9 posts)
Virgin poster alert! Welcome, milfcpl : )

As to the topic, I agree they should have mentioned it if they knew others would also be meeting there, but you did yourselves a favor by being upfront with the second couple at the outset about making other plans. I'd encourage you to keep on meeting up with folks, and keep being real, and you'll find people you enjoy!

L.

Ithaca NY
Username hidden
(1611 posts)
Mountaineer. We suffered a similar experience when we started but we didn't let it deter us. We have had many a meet with other couples but we just didn't click. When we did click with a couple it was a great experience all around and we all became great friends. Now that you know some of the games that are played be straight forward and ask questions. You handled it perfectly. Keep your head up (No pun intended). D & J

Staten Island NY
Username hidden
(1 post)
Damn, that was rude! Doubly so if they knew you were newbies. It's never OK to invite someone to meet without telling them you will be meeting up with other friends, and it's always a bad idea to meet someone new under those circumstances if you are seriously interested in them.

Springfield VA
Username hidden
(275 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
TOPIC: First Time Meeting Disappointment