Finding pics on social media : Swingers Discussion 240432
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsGetting StartedFinding pics on social media
TOPIC: Finding pics on social media
Created by: bluebuzzy
Original Starting post for this thread:
Let's just say hypothetically, an individual, we'll call him Mr. B for the sake of this discussion, stumbles across a pic of somebody he's met in person from SLS on Twitter, Tumblr, etc. Now, suppose that SLS person stresses "discretion" on their profile, and all of their face pics are "private." Yet the only reason that Mr. B knew the posting was of them was because he recognized the face. What, if anything, should Mr. B hypothetically do (other than enjoy the hot picture)?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
User Details are only visible to members.
My understanding is that it would originally be Facebook only... they, or anybody else, wouldn't be able to link to SLS's library (unless it were to be hacked). SLS seems to do a good job of preventing coping of pics, but there is nothing stopping somebody from copying a picture from Twitter, TUMBLR or any adult site that allows the user to save or copy a picture, from uploading that file to a 'dummy' Facebook account just to see if it gets any hits on tags... so theoretically, any picture you are tagged in, on your profile or somebody else's, could be 'mined' for the suggested name. My guess is the backlash will force FB to have an opt-out option. But again, it won't be too long before non-FB programmers start picking the code apart. I am not trying to freak anybody out. There has always been ways to track people via IP address of submission, camera information, etc. But, there were always ways to minimize the risk (e.g. Tor, uploading from public computer, strip most camera info) and once a picture got copied, that original 'pedigree,' for the most part, was lost. Now, if this is as advertised, it has the potential, and ONLY the potential, to identify previously "anonymous" pictures floating around cyberspace.

The article I read was on Huffington Post. But there are several out there. Just Google "Deep Face"

Ellington CT
Username hidden
(25 posts)
Just Wonderful...so if that's true then what you are saying is if I were to hypothetically delete all of my photographs from my face book account THAT would not matter because the photographs of ME holding my grand-baby or posing with family in Aunt Susie's birthday pictures thats on OTHER RELATIVES facebook pages can still be linked backed to even private/personal galleries such as on SLS? Do I have that right? Do you have the link for that to inbox me if you can't post it?

JW will other websites such as twitter, linkedin, fet, pinterest, get this tekkie.

Shelly {going to bed with a headache and in need of her body pillow}

Memphis TN
Username hidden
(3427 posts)
I think most people do know to use a different e-mail and such. We certainly do! The thing that has me concerned (and it appears that I am in the minority here... which is fine) is that according to Facebook, and this might just be PR, their new facial recognition program has a 97% success rate. Meaning it doesn't matter if you "never use the same face pics on social media"... it digitally maps the face and can match it, potentially returning the person's name (if tagged) and/or any Facebook pages the face appears on, to ANY single instance of that specific face. It matches the face, NOT the photo... it's like Bourne Identity meets Facebook. If Facebook truly has that capability, it won't be long until less honest(?) people hack it for their own use. Then some of those "self evident" methods that people have been using for years to prevent being "outed" will instantaneously be rendered unless. Again, I don't take offense if people don't care, I just found it disturbing and thought I'd share... you know paranoia loves company! :-)

Ellington CT
Username hidden
(25 posts)
Totally agreed. We have a "lifestyle only" email address we use for sites like SLS and people we've met in the lifestyle.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19438 posts)
"Never use the same email address for adult sites that you use on Facebook or other social media"

Excellent advice. The address I use for SLS and other similar sites was hacked a few days ago and spam was sent to everyone I have ever sent email to/received email from with that address. If those 'adult' email addresses (some pretty explicit) were to show up in emails to vanilla folk, it would not be a good situation. Thankfully I have a totally different address for sites like these and the people we meet through them.

Hampton VA
Username hidden
(131 posts)
Here's some advice which should be self evident to all, but apparently isn't: Never use the same email address for adult sites that you use on Facebook or other social media, never list your mobile phone # elsewhere and above ALL, never use the same face pics on social media or divulge too much personal info either. There are weirdos and flakes out there who will track you down ! I don't post pics on SLS or other adult sites because my ex-hotwife and I were stalked a few times and I've been stalked several times since I've been a solo bi swinger. My profile states that I will provide pics to couples or bi men and solo women or cam with them if there is mutual interest after we chat a bit first. I don't consider it a waste of time, but most other people do. I realize that most couples and singles automatically bypass or ignore picless profiles, but at least I know that the people who do contact me aren't superficial or impatient or fake.

Kennesaw GA
Username hidden
(240 posts)
The reality of the situation is, if you post any pix online, it's out there.

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(571 posts)
I should also state that the picture I found was NOT one of the pictures that the couple had posted on SLS (that I had seen) and that none of our pictures on SLS showed up on the image searches that I did. Just wanted to mention that. Not trying to freak anybody out here. :-)

Ellington CT
Username hidden
(25 posts)
Admittedly, I posted the question in a flippant nature... However, there was an interesting process that got me to that point to begin with. There was an article about "DeepFace", Facebook's new, supposedly awesome, facial recognition program. That was on the heels of an article about a women, whose face was photo-shopped from a benign Facebook photo onto an explicit NSFW imagine with all of her personal contact information. She was being black-mailed to have the fake image and her information removed... she didn't feel safe because before she even knew what was happening, her e-mail exploded with some pretty graphic messages and her mom was getting nasty calls at home (since her addressed was posted too), etc. Not a great situation. What's worse, she had not posted anything. Her email had been hacked and since the criminals couldn't find anything to extort her with, they created it. To be honest, my blood went a little cold at the thought that somebody's 5 - 10 year old explicit posting could now be uploaded to Facebook, and they be immediately identified as potential targets... even if they don't have a Facebook page, if they are simply in any photos posted on Facebook (e.g. - holiday party, birthday party, graduation, retirement party) somebody with not good intentions could instantaneously identify them, or at the very least, the people whose photos they are in, and go from there. We had posted a few pics a few years back (no face), so I did a quick image search just to see if/where they were still viewable. I got a few hits and went to one of the links. While scrolling through, I came across an explicit photo of a (former SLS) member we had chatted with on and off. They were very concerned about discretion due to their work situation. The picture easily could have been something that they posted knowingly. However, that doesn't really gel with their extreme concerns for discretion. It could also very easily be something that was on a camera that was lost or stolen, or stolen by the kid at the store that as part of 'setting-up' their computer, installed a trojan horse program, or when they sold/gave away/donated/threw out a pc and didn't 'burn' their hard-drive first so a less than savory individual recovered the ghost files while looking for credit card info (yes there is an active underground market for discarded hard drives for that purpose). I have no way to contact them at this point, so that is a moot point. But it got me thinking... If I could, knowing their concern about discretion, should I let them know? If you are a couple that values discretion, would you want to be notified?

Ellington CT
Username hidden
(25 posts)
I'd probably do nothing. However....if this was a person that you know personally and you came across the picture and it was being used in what you suspect to be an inappropriate way.....I *might* be tempted to alert them.

IDK....it would depend on how well I knew the person.

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(571 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
TOPIC: Finding pics on social media