Common protocol : Swingers Discussion 187119
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsGetting StartedCommon protocol
TOPIC: Common protocol
Created by: 315curious
Original Starting post for this thread:
Just getting started here, literally. Sent a chat message to a couple to comment that their profile picture was cute. Explained we're just getting set up.

They accuse us (negatively) of being a tease without having a picture. Then said we were a waste of time because we didn't have Yahoo Messanger installed yet.

Is this common? Are we getting into the wrong community? Maybe this was just some hustling single guy?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.

There's more to say about the Yahoo Instant Messenger (YIM) comment than you've heard so far.

SLS's chat is fairly decent as chat programs go if you want to type. If you want voice or C2C, it's unlikely to be anyone's first choice. There are two real alternatives out there if you want the latter two, YIM and Skype. It's a generational thing, not so much by age, but by when you started doing voice chats and C2C. People who have been around a while use YIM; people just starting, especially if they're starting on phones, tend more to use Skype.

If they've really been around a long time, they've heard all the technology excuses -- we can't send pics because we don't have a digital camera. We can't voice chat because we don't have a mic. We can't C2C because we don't have a web cam. We can't C2C because while we have a web cam, we have to hide it so our kids don't know we have one (more realistically: my spouse doesn't know I have one). We can't chat privately because we don't have a messenger program. The list goes on and on. My point is that many of the people you'll contact will expect you to have YIM or Skype when you put yourself out there. Saying it's not installed yet sounds phony. Sorry, it just does.

So your correct answer to them would be, "No we don't have YIM. Do you have Skype?"

As for pic sharing on instant messengers, it's no more dangerous (we'd probably say "it's no less dangerous") than sharing them here. Anyone who thinks it takes more than 6 seconds to capture any photo posted on SLS is truly naive.

There are other good reasons you would want to have an instant messenger program installed, but that's a discussion for another time and place.

Good luck meeting the lifestyle couples you want!

-ST

Kitty Hawk NC
Username hidden
(255 posts)
my only suggestion is never, ever....EVER share pics on messenger unless this is someone you have met and know well. Ever. Pic traders are a major pain in the you know what, and they will share your stuff without hesitation or conscience. I do not know why they do it...but they do.

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
"What's the trick to getting a reply to site email? Don't leave us hanging, people! "

You mention this is your profile , I'll answer that based on my own opinion. Add some personality to your profile, share a bit about yourself. It's great that she wants to explore her Bi side but your profile doesn't really offer up much to intrigue others. Read other profiles, makes notes of what captured your attention besides pictures and try to incorporate some of that into your own. Your profile is your opportunity to Wow them, set yourselves apart a bit. There are 1,000's of profiles out there if you want to be considered you have to shine. Think of this as a job resume........why as an employer do I want to hire YOU?

Just a suggestion, please don't take offense but as a women who reads profiles and handles all online communication your profile isn't selling me on YOU.

Put your heads together , put some thought into it and write it like a WOMEN is going to be reading it.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5385 posts)
Great point that the chase is a huge turn-on. Wish we could chase forever AND have a fantasy satisfied at the same time. We'll keep looking and waiting, waiting, waiting, for some of those locals to contact us...

Oswego NY
Username hidden
(3 posts)
315, Patience is the name of the game. Never take personally anything from anyone. A rejection means they just saved you time and trouble. This llifestyle is about fantasies between you and your loved one, there will be a perfect match but there will also be people that make you shake your head . Get involved, go to socials and be realistic....expect about 1/4 of your emails to even get a response and of those expect 1 in 20 to be what you are looking for. Patience, perseverance and a willingness to be rejected and reject others is what to takes to enjoy this. Never forget this is about YOU and YOUR partner and you will only be successful if you both are actively involved in the chase so to speak.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5385 posts)
Thanks SO much for the welcome advice. We were actually waiting for our photo to be "approved" during that chat, too. (Which you can see we have now.)

Guess there this place has spam profiles just like any site. We won't take it hard, so to speak, this time. Just hoping for a good experience that keeps us coming back...

Oswego NY
Username hidden
(3 posts)
Welcome to the forums and SLS. That behavior isn't the norm not but is to be expected. Understandably you're new but some type of photo is critical , doesn't have to be sexy or include your faces but almost a requirement. We for instance I am sorry to say would not have even opened your IM message without seeing your photos. As for the "other" IM we don't use it don't recommend it. There are too many scams out there to share such personal info on a site such as this, the chat here works fine and your photos are as safe here as sending them through other venues. My suggestion ? Next time send a polite complimentary email; many people do not chat with people they havent exchanged emails with. Why? Because many many times it is a single male posing as a coupke.

Good luck to you both.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5385 posts)
Just getting started here, literally. Sent a chat message to a couple to comment that their profile picture was cute. Explained we're just getting set up.

They accuse us (negatively) of being a tease without having a picture. Then said we were a waste of time because we didn't have Yahoo Messanger installed yet.

Is this common? Are we getting into the wrong community? Maybe this was just some hustling single guy?

Oswego NY
Username hidden
(3 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: Common protocol