Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness weight training
TOPIC: weight training
Created by: DANANDFDN
Original Starting post for this thread:
I was planning to increase my weight training from 3 to 4 times a week. My question is this: should I have a day in between to rest or can I do a back to back workouts?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
How often you can lift and be productive is dependent on many factors including but not limited to your age, your base fitness level, reps per set, number of sets per muscle group, which muscle group etc.

It is important to realize that muscle are NOT built during weight lifting. Muscle tissue is torn down during exercise and the body then has to rebuild the muscle. With enough protein and time it will rebuild stronger than it was before.

Beginner routines often start with three days a week of the same exercises on each day with a days rest between each exercise session. Two to three set of 10 reps of each exercise, working on the big muscle groups. My personal favorite is the "Body for Life" by Bill Phillips program. Weights three days a week MWF and cardio TTS. The routine covers two weeks First week Monday Upperbody, Tuesday Cardio, Wednesday Lower body, Thursday cardio, Friday Upper body, Saturday Cardio, Sunday Rest. Second Week: Monday Lower body, Tuesday Cardio, Wednesday Upper Body, Thursday cardio, Friday Lower body, Saturday Cardio, Sunday Rest. Repeat the two week cycle. This gives the muscle time to recover and to build with five days before they are hit hard again. The cardio is very limited (about 20 minutes in stage intervals).

Remember weight loss is not about have much weight or exercise you do. Weight loss is about the calorie intake compared to the calorie expenditure. This year I have riden over 4,000 miles on a bicycle to lose only 4 pounds. But I continued to eat to offset the increased expeditures.

Well known fact a pound of fat has 3,500 calories. Little known fact a pound of muscle contains about 800 calories. Therefore if you lose more than a pound or two a week you are either lossing water or muscle unless you are exercising a LOT. Walking a mile burns about 100 calories running a mile burns about 212 calories. Running faster burns more calories per hour but not substantially more calories per mile.

Des Moines IA
Username hidden
(2 posts)
~M No apology necessary. As I have stated before (either here in this thread or others), I do not consider myself very knowledgeable when it comes to working out BUT I do APPRECIATE any and all input. I've moved away from traditional weight training on a regular basis in order to get myself though a plateu. The various classes have helped me get though that and I will be looking to reintroduce traditional weight training as I feel I am able. Hugs! Fran

Elmer NJ
Username hidden
(3110 posts)
Hi,

True, but that method gives each body part enough rest so that you can lift daily.

<<Push pull is simply a term that describes an opposite way to exercise and does not determine whether you can lift daily>>

Clinton NJ
Username hidden
(6 posts)
We favor the Push- pull- legs routine which allows each body part to rest for 3 days.

It's all about your protein intake. Lotsa protein, and you can workout everyday. Not so much protein, every other day.

Egg whites! Met Rx! Chicken! Tuna! All Good.

Have fun, and enjoy the view in the mirror!

Clinton NJ
Username hidden
(6 posts)
We favor the Push- pull- legs routine which allows each body part to rest for 3 days.

It's all about your protein intake. Lotsa protein, and you can workout everyday. Not so much protein, every other day.

Egg whites! Met Rx! Chicken! Tuna! All Good.

Have fun, and enjoy the view in the mirror!

Clinton NJ
Username hidden
(6 posts)
the Cardio Sculpt incorporates the following:

Cardio via Step

Arms; legs; and core utilizing various exercises and various free weights

Elmer NJ
Username hidden
(3110 posts)
Oh no you did :) Just running from the mouth and giving a little more detail, nothing more.

Elmer NJ
Username hidden
(3110 posts)
-M to be perfectly honest I am most likely not at your level in training. I still consiider myself "new" to the fitness lifestyle. I find that I am not "deciplined" enough to train on my own and have found that I benefit from classes IE: Cardio Sculpt; Cardio Step; and Spinning. These are the classes that I have decided to attend weekly (5days). To be honest with little ones it is difficult for me to go more.

Elmer NJ
Username hidden
(3110 posts)
I was planning to increase my weight training from 3 to 4 times a week. My question is this: should I have a day in between to rest or can I do a back to back workouts?

Elmer NJ
Username hidden
(3110 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: weight training