spinning class : Swingers Discussion 128288
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessspinning class
TOPIC: spinning class
Created by: DANANDFDN
Original Starting post for this thread:
We'll I had my first two spinning classes this week (Tuesday and Friday). I have to tell you that class is a REAL workout! I never sweated so much in my entire life (while exercising that is). My questions: Is 2 times a week too much? How many times a week do you spin? Any input would be GREATLY appreciated, and thanks!

side note: I really like the class and love the benefits (all those calories in one shot).

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Spinning Classes are tough.I Like to use Rollers to train on.Oh But I do remember spin class!

Long Pond PA
Username hidden
(131 posts)
I thought that it was a great concept. Back in the mid-90's when I actually had more time on my hands and could go to a gym regularly, the owner of the place came up to me and asked me to look at his new bike. It was a spinner. He had just returned from California to do a seminar with the guy who was developing the bike and routines. I worked at a bike shop at the time and was heavily involved in mountain biking/racing. All of the locals knew me for it. I was really impressed at the realism and feel of the bike. The closest thing to riding rollers, only safer! Good system and damn it, I need to get my rollers down and start thinking "circles" again.

Boardman OH
Username hidden
(10 posts)
i have to admit as a road biker that i sort of blew off the idea of a spin class. i mean who needs a screaming person to lead you on a statioairy bike.

then....i tried it. i ride 3000+ per year outside and i saw white in front of my eyes at one point during spin class.

i became hooked. what an amazing workout and talk about sweat- everyone joked that Nemo was swimming around under my bike.

we have moved and no longer belong to a gym so it is outside riding only.

i miss it for sure.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2170 posts)
I hate step classes. I like Zumba, eliptical, Pilates, yoga, YogaFlow...

Spinning: You MUST have a good gel seat, IMHO. Also, start slow. After my first class I felt awful. I haven't been in a while but plan to go again, and I'm letting the teacher know in advance that I'll be moving a lot slower than everyone else for a while.

Reading PA
Username hidden
(384 posts)
I liked it but honestly I don't know that I like it enough to wake up early on a Sat. morning to do it. It was really painful in my crotch area for 3 days after and I don't think I really worked harder than I do in other forms of cardio. That instructor is something else though.

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
Spin spin sugar being and instructor of this class is OFF THE HOOK!!!! I luv it i teach what i call spin extreme many say after taking my class it's very different. From other spin classes they have taken. I've found it to be a GREAT fat burner and body toner.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(16 posts)
poo, I attended what was suppose to be a CARDIO COMBO class but it turned out to be more of a Step Class.....UGH! Needless to say I did the whole class but did not like it. Anyone else ever do a Step Class? Did you like it?

Elmer NJ
Username hidden
(3110 posts)
Yeah, when I finally dragged my lazy ass into the gym they were finishing the class and they looked whooped lol. So I'm really looking forward to it. I would love to take more classes but they are all pretty much over by the time I get home from Austin and so Saturdays are basically my only day to do classes. One of the down sides of living an hour away from your office.

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
I am so loving the spinning class (2x's a week) and my cardio combo classes (3x's a week).

I do have to admit it is taking me a while to keep up with the instructor in spinning class. BUT I am not giving up and am quite proud of myself :)

Elmer NJ
Username hidden
(3110 posts)
Okay so I totally slept late today and missed the spinning class :0(. So I'm going in a minute and going to do elliptical, chill in the sauna because I'm bloated and tan a little. Thats my plan.

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
TOPIC: spinning class