question about desserts vs drinks : Swingers Discussion 121994
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessquestion about desserts vs drinks
TOPIC: question about desserts vs drinks
Created by: raynelynn
Original Starting post for this thread:
Maybe someone can provide some insight on this... Hubby and I cut down on drinks during the week to help lose more weight. Not that we were real heavy drinkers, but even a couple glasses of wine seems to add to the belly area in a non-satisfactory way, if you know what I mean. I do feel more energetic and have lost about 10 pounds in the last couple months. Now, I've never been a dessert person...give me olives and artichokes any day. But lately it seems like I've been craving more sugar. I suspect that my body is trying to replace the sugar it's used to getting several nights a week in the form of metabolized alcohol. I would like to indulge at the end of a meal (we have been splitting something chocolate when we go out) but never "snack" or eat sweets during the day. Any thoughts on how a half-slice of uber-delicious chocolate cake stacks against two full restaurant glasses of wine? I don't wanna backslide now that progress is being made. Thanks!

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
User Details are only visible to members.
Thank gosh for small miracles--I can't eat anything chocolate; however, simple sugars can get the best of me after a tough day. I have noticed, since I've been back at the gym working out, that increasing my protein intake has dropped my cravings for any simple sugars whatsoever.

St George UT
Username hidden
(2113 posts)
If the calories are equivalent, the chocolate treat is a better choice for weight loss than alcohol. The reason is in addition to calories, alcohol slows your metabolic rate (calorie burning rate) and suppresses lipid oxidation which increases body fat. The non-oxidized fat is preferentially deposited in the abdominal area. Yes, a "beer belly" is really a beer belly (or any alcohol). FYI- the chocolate craving may be a nutritional need for chromium. Supplementation with chromium is often recommended as an aid to curbing the craving. I prefer chocolate. :-)

Pleasanton CA
Username hidden
(1 post)
Maybe someone can provide some insight on this... Hubby and I cut down on drinks during the week to help lose more weight. Not that we were real heavy drinkers, but even a couple glasses of wine seems to add to the belly area in a non-satisfactory way, if you know what I mean. I do feel more energetic and have lost about 10 pounds in the last couple months. Now, I've never been a dessert person...give me olives and artichokes any day. But lately it seems like I've been craving more sugar. I suspect that my body is trying to replace the sugar it's used to getting several nights a week in the form of metabolized alcohol. I would like to indulge at the end of a meal (we have been splitting something chocolate when we go out) but never "snack" or eat sweets during the day. Any thoughts on how a half-slice of uber-delicious chocolate cake stacks against two full restaurant glasses of wine? I don't wanna backslide now that progress is being made. Thanks!

Cocoa FL
Username hidden
(645 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
TOPIC: question about desserts vs drinks