Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness how do you address a weight issue with your children
TOPIC: how do you address a weight issue with your children
Created by: hedonist2001 The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 20   End
User Details are only visible to members.
After I read these posts, I realized that you've already gotten all the advice I would have given you.

Regarding telling her, ask her to help you on your diet, or simply take her for walks with you in the evening (tell her you don't want to walk alone or have mom/daughter time). People gain weight because they are unhappy also... maybe now that she's with you she'll lose it again.

The best thing you can do is lead by example. Leaders are up front. Any military people in the house? Can I get an AMEN?

By the way, have you read "Supersize Me"? It's supposed to be about how a guy ate nothing but McDonalds for a month and destroyed his health and gained a TON of weight (even though the old calorie meter said it was impossible). I haven't read it, but I read some case studies that were very similiar.

Good luck and I hope the best for you both.

Hugs,

Tom

Chesterbrook PA
Username hidden
(13 posts)
Thank you Poly, Well to be 100 percent honest, the 42 pounds were from the beginning of January since I had lost 10 prior to the family starting on January 30th. We are following a very portion controled diet of lean meats, no processed foods, green veggies and very limited whole wheat starches. Hubby and I have totally eliminated any alcohol for the "partying" on the weekends, and during the week we are drinking about 80 oz of water daily. Add exercise and lots of sex (just had to add that in :) ) and poof the weight is coming off. It has been a long time since I was below 155 and over the last two weeks I have been bouncing between 149-155. Over six years ago I weighed over 325 pounds, managed to stay around 170 for years then due to some very stressful health issues with my son , I managed to slowly start creeping up again...sad isn't it? I did have a tummy tuck and boob reduction two years ago ) which I paid for out of pocket ) to eliminate all the saggy skin in my mid section. This helped boost my self esteem tremendously. Now my main gripe is my ugly flappy skin on my arms that no amount of exercise seems to make a difference. Weight lifting does not even do anything for the underside of my arms...yuck! The surgery to remove this skin is very painful and I really don't feel like paying $7000.00 for more surgery. Any suggestions?

Cindy

Long Neck DE
Username hidden
(252 posts)
Since starting our new healthy lifestyle on January 30th, my son has lost 27 pounds, hubby has lost 28 and I have lost 42...YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!

Now if only I would have been smart enough to keep the clothing he was "growing out of" so he could "shrink back into them" lol

Hugs Cindy ( aka sexynthefireman )

Long Neck DE
Username hidden
(252 posts)
I know...where can I buy an ass like THAT, anyways LOL. Shell

Username hidden
(23991 posts)
Thanks girl, I know. I have a very low appetite now, and I'm grateful for that. I think my body is becoming used to not eating much, and thats a good thing to me LOL. I do eat though, I don't want to give the impression that I don't...I'm just absolutely particular about men and food LOL. Shelly

Username hidden
(23991 posts)
Lost, I use a creamer with no sugar added, the one labeled fat free actually has more calories than the sugar free one. I have 2 cups a day now, one in the morning and one after dinner. I used to drink a pot of coffee every day!

Geesh 500 calories a day is very low and I don't think it's very healthy. Hopefully as you work on all this it will get better and some of these issues will subside for you. I wish you the best!

New Castle PA
Username hidden
(4667 posts)
Toyz, actually they suggest that you drink 1 cup of coffee in the morning....the caffeine helps get your metabolism going. Just watch the cream and sugar, thats what spikes the calories. Shelly

Username hidden
(23991 posts)
Jewel, I agree. Before I eat anything I think about what it costs. With me though, I am keeping a food log because I don't think I am eating enough calories, and I am afraid that I am depleting my potassium levels. With my hx of eating disorders combined with my fear of gaining weight, its safer in my mind NOT to eat then eat. Because to me, if I didn't eat anything I KNOW I have not overeaten. I know, its a screwed up way of thinking. So I'm keeping a log to make sure that I at least get in the 500 calories that my body requires in order to metabolize. I'll be glad when I'm at my goal weight and can go to maintenence mode from losing mode. Shelly

Username hidden
(23991 posts)
Jewel, I have not been able to give up my coffee, I did reduce it in half but coffee is really hard to give up for me. A lot of other things have been very easy to turn away from but not my coffee. I still am staying on track so I must be doing something right.

New Castle PA
Username hidden
(4667 posts)
Its true! Well, truth is, you CAN eat what you want. Its just that we have to eat single serving portions, which most people just don't know how to do. I think its having the ability to limit yourself to just 10 chips vs. half the bag that people have trouble with. But yes, its not easy being thinner. I don't know why people think its easy, because its not...people look at me (and I still have miles to go), and they don't see the inner conflicts I had to overcome, and the frustration...they just think I'm uppity because I prance my thinner ass around.

Well hey, I earned that prance!!!

LOL, Shelly

Username hidden
(23991 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 20   End
TOPIC: how do you address a weight issue with your children