how about saunas : Swingers Discussion 146262
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnesshow about saunas
TOPIC: how about saunas
Created by: chimera66
Original Starting post for this thread:
We have thought about building one of the modular sauna kits. Others have told us that it is a sensational experience after a long, hard cardio workout. We'd like to hear from folks with sauna experience. Good news, bad news, issues -- etc.

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Hi... Mr. JackMichelle here... I have had a lot of sauna experience in Sweden and Finland.

Let me say that they are not for everyone. All the heart issues stated earlier are true. In the Scandinavian countries, they set the temp super hot in the saunas; as hot as 190 degrees F. You can barely touch the wooden planking. They usually have mats for you to sit on. Then, somebody splashes water on the lava rocks. The water immediate flashes into steam and it can be painful.

If you get hot enough in a sauna, you can go outside naked in the winter right into the snow. You are so hot that it does not hurt, or so it seems.

In the over-night cruises between Helsinki and Stockholm, the Swedes and Finns have a bit of a competition to see who can take it the hottest. You don't even want to try!

Usually men go in a sauna together. They come out every few minutes and drink beer. (Not so bad!) The women go in and take breaks drinking cider, beer or whatever they like. Families will sometimes all go together. Being naked in Finland and Sweden is no big deal.

Sex is not 'officially' associated with the experience of sauna. BUT... it can lead there. Sometimes office groups will get together for coed sauna. It is a pretty common way for office romances to start.

The theory in Sweden as to why a sauna is so good for you is that it mostly cleans your pours and sweats crap out of you. In the old days, a man would build his sauna and then his house. (The saunas were wood fired and in a separate building. If it had been the USA, they would have smoked meat in there, too.) Often times, women would push out their babies in the sauna because of the warmth (still not set so high) and it's easy to wash-down.

Well, I hope this sauna info is interesting to you.

All The Best, JackMichelle

Greenville SC
Username hidden
(360 posts)
if you see the mrs. in there please don't fall forward to see if they are real, OK?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2169 posts)
well that's another question -- the traditional Finnish sauna had them throwing water on hot stones to create a steamy atmosphere -- something that really appeals to me (no, not that kind of steamy atmosphere, yu pervs). but Seduction is right -- the modern infrared suanas I have looked at are dry heat. What's the story here?

Charlotte NC
Username hidden
(561 posts)
My hubby likes to go into the sauna after a run. But than he likes going into a sauna anytime. : ) My preferences is going into a stream room

Lansing MI
Username hidden
(1624 posts)
thanks for your input Seduction -- actually our interest was rekindled after our son (a serious runner -- 5Ks, 10Ks, half-marathons) -- said that he liked nothing more than hitting a sauna after a running workout. that's pretty intensive cardio. Should he be careful?

Charlotte NC
Username hidden
(561 posts)
I miss the suana more than anything else from my days as a member of the local YMCA.

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
well, hot tubs have their charms, according to those who have them, but frankly a 2-4 person sauna appeals more to us. Seriously, anyone out there have one? What is your experience? Pros? cons?

Charlotte NC
Username hidden
(561 posts)
ahhh -- we'll throw another bucket of water on those hot stones....!!

Charlotte NC
Username hidden
(561 posts)
I'd certainly be there...

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(5605 posts)
Uh.....just your hubby? Won't you cum also, Gina??

Charlotte NC
Username hidden
(561 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
TOPIC: how about saunas