Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Fitness › Back issues
TOPIC: Back issues
Created by: mayhem8
Original Starting post for this thread:
Next to knee issues, I'd think this is nearly (if not more) common as we age. I personally have lived for around 30 years with a ruptured lumbar disc. I have found that keeping my core tone has mostly worked very well to minimize and manage pain, but have recently done something that has been plaguing me with more pain for over a week now.

Ironically I think it has to do with the stretching I've added to my normal workout routine, but I find that if I skip a number of days, it doesn't take long before I see noticably reduced flexibility. Damned if I do and damned if I don't sort of thing.

Anyway, doing some investigation shows a procedure that takes only about an hour and does the equivilent of patching a flat tire, but to a spinal disc. Thought it was worth sharing in the event others are fighting this and having doctors tell them spinal fusion is their only option. IMHO, spinal fusion should only be a last ditch effort procedure as it can take a year to fully heal from it, and once done, any further options are very limited at best.

news.cornell. edu/stories/2020/03/two-step-method-patches-herniated-discs

1 to 6 of 6
User Details are only visible to members.

Due to new laws enacted by The US Government, we are making some changes to our business model and policies which limits access to our free members.

Please understand that our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for like minded people. These changes are required to meet that goal.

Spanish Fort AL US
Username hidden
(3198 posts)

Due to new laws enacted by The US Government, we are making some changes to our business model and policies which limits access to our free members.

Please understand that our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for like minded people. These changes are required to meet that goal.

Mullica Hill NJ US
Username hidden
(50 posts)

Summerville SC US
Username hidden
(7756 posts)

Auburn NH US
Username hidden
(8336 posts)

Prior Lake MN US
Username hidden
(3481 posts)

Auburn NH US
Username hidden
(8336 posts)
1 to 6 of 6
TOPIC: Back issues
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Service  |  Privacy Policy  |  FOSTA Compliance Policy

Copyright © 1998- DashBoardHosting, LLC., and/or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.