Working out question AGAIN lol : Swingers Discussion 207166
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessWorking out question AGAIN lol
TOPIC: Working out question AGAIN lol
Created by: ReadyToGo219
Original Starting post for this thread:
Ok I think I am on the right track but I am always looking for suggestions.

I work out on Saturday, Sunday in the morning. Monday and Wednesday in the afternoon.

My workout consists of 30 minutes on the tread mill and then about another 30 minutes working out with weights and machines while rotating on the part of the body. Ie....Saturday, arms and chest, Sunday Legs and Stomach etc....

My questions are: 1) Does this regiment appear to be adequate and #2) Is there a way that at my age I can develop a tighter stomach with something resembling a six pack?

As always......Thanks

Pete

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
I'll through my 2 cents worth in here since no one else has mentioned this. Get your hormone levels checked. Most people can figure out how to work out, most people cannot eat the strick diet needed to get to their goals. It's is by far harder to stick with a clean diet.

But at 48 you are very likely fighting against dropping testosterone level and an increasing Estrodiol (E2) levels. Email me if you are interested in more information.

Williamsport PA
Username hidden
(4 posts)
Hi Pete! I'm an ISSA Cert. Trainer and 12 year Body conditioning coach. The answer to your question about the 6 pack is YES. The "6 pack" comes from dieting , not so much the workout. Remember 3,2,1 (3 parts carb, 2 parts Protein, 1 part fat). Don't buy in to the BS fad diets. They're just marketing schemes to suck money out of a growing industry.

Make sure you're dividing up your workouts so that you're not working primary and stabilizer muscles together. (i.e. chest *Primary* and triceps *stabilizer*) 30 min of cardio maybe twice a week would be good enough if you're looking to keep it lean. Find a set of bleachers and start climbing those steps. Keep the weight moderate and the reps around 15-20 per set. If you can't do 15-20 correctly, lower the weight until you can. I hope this helps. If you have specific questions please feel free to msg me.

I'm creating a program that will be specifically for LS since we all love to play in our B-Day suits. I'd love to hear from others too. The better shape you're in, the better the play time.

Spring TX
Username hidden
(18 posts)
Overall body fat %age required to see a visible six-pack is variable. I started seeing my ab muscles when I still had 22-23% fat. Genetics plays a big role on where body fat is reduced & where it is stored. Unfortunately when I started doing Crossfit and watching my diet more, it was reduced in my upperbody (and I lost fat in my boobs as well as my stomach). My lowest (at the end of a diet challenge this summer) was 14%.

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(952 posts)
Google Image search "Body fat percentage" and look for the one that has a series of images of men/women at different percents. I think most guys want the 10-12% look.

To reiterate what others have said: Body fat % is mostly about your diet. Working out is what makes you feel good, look good, perform good! Both are important but if you want that lean look, look to your diet.

Second - Do a dynamic warm up (light treadmill, jumping jacks, etc.) then do your lifting before treadmill. You will be able to challenge your muscles more when you still have the energy, then get the good calorie burn from the cardio.

If your overall goal is to burn calories (and it sounds like it is), find compound lifts; Bench-press, squat, dead-lift, rows, pull-ups, push-ups, etc. Do these in sets with little rest between them so your heart rate gets elevated. Basically an evil combination of cardio and weights!

Redmond WA
Username hidden
(29 posts)
for what its worth i am a few years older than your posted age. in the past year i have added an inch to my arms. my 32" pants almost fall off now and i have actually gained a little weight. still don't have a visible six pack but the core under the last bit of fat is tighter with larger muscle. i just want to put a little more muscle on before i strip off the last bit of extra padding. after all a six pack on a thin guy is just skinny. as an added bonus i have a bad back from construction related falls and injury. absolutely no back pain since starting my new workout regimen.

Duluth MN
Username hidden
(3 posts)
Workouts challenge the muscles and the cardiovascular system. DIET affects the fat stores.

If you want a six pack you have to eat clean/right to support the workouts. And your workouts have to support core strength.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(952 posts)
Ok I think I am on the right track but I am always looking for suggestions.

I work out on Saturday, Sunday in the morning. Monday and Wednesday in the afternoon.

My workout consists of 30 minutes on the tread mill and then about another 30 minutes working out with weights and machines while rotating on the part of the body. Ie....Saturday, arms and chest, Sunday Legs and Stomach etc....

My questions are: 1) Does this regiment appear to be adequate and #2) Is there a way that at my age I can develop a tighter stomach with something resembling a six pack?

As always......Thanks

Pete

Saint John IN
Username hidden
(69 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: Working out question AGAIN lol