Where are the trim mature folks : Swingers Discussion 1454721031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessWhere are the trim mature folks
TOPIC: Where are the trim mature folks
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   31 to 40 of 67   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Do you smoke after sex?"

"...I'm not sure. I've never looked down to check."

Oakland CA
Username hidden
(84 posts)
"Don't smoke, no matter how hard you workout,"

If you start smoking during a workout, I would bet you are doing it too hard...

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
Heh. Tim Ferris came to our team's private gym to do some photo/video shoots for 4 Hour Body. Mark Bell's wearing my belt in the shots of him deadlifting (there's also a promotional video for the book).

But as for Ferris' claims, particularly in muscle growth/strength increases, any newbie who starts training seriously using proper methods, and eating enough, will see those types of gains.

As for weight loss, the entire problem with that approach is in the term itself: WEIGHT loss. Anyone can lose 10 lbs in a couple of days. Why? It's water weight. That's why all those magic diet pills and plans guarantee you'll lose 10 lbs in a week or two. And many people will go on starvation diets and be thrilled when they lose 10, 20, 30+ lbs, and they don't realize that they didn't lose fat -- they lost muscle mass. They lost lean tissue, and they're actually destroying their metabolism.

People focus WAY too much on weight loss, and not enough on FAT loss, which is an entirely different beast, and generally is not addressed, or even possible, with many of the diets out there while preserving lean tissue.

If you asked someone, "Would you like to lose weight?" they'd almost certainly say yes, without considering that what they REALLY want to lose is fat, not weight per se. Just watching a scale move is a really poor way to gauge body recomposition. I've actually GAINED weight and lost a fair amount of fat. It doesn't show on the scale -- it shows in the mirror. Speaking of which, I'm currently 275lbs and my shoulders are still quite a bit wider than my belly. :)

Oakland CA
Username hidden
(84 posts)
Great posts -- and we appreciate the feedback. The scary thing for us is that overweight seems to be the new norm. A general feeling that "Sure, I'm chubby, but so are most of the others folks at this party, so what the hell!" Our granddaughter (a lovely pettite thing -- about 4'11" and 95 lbs) was ridiculed at school as a "little ho" by a couple of other girls -- grossly overweight, naturally.

We went to a social last year and were appaled by the overweights in their 30s, 40s and 50s -- by far the majority of attendees. We looked in vain for another mature couple in even reasonably HWP shape. We left early.

By the time many of these partiers reach their 60s, they will be off the charts. Even if they have an inclination to continue swinging, they will be running into weight-related health issues that will seriously impact their play options -- if its possible at all.

We are still looking for an answer to our OP -- "Where -- oh where -- are the trim mature folks?" <sigh>

Mr. and Mrs. Chim

Charlotte NC
Username hidden
(557 posts)
Hmmm. seems to me duck tape would be the cheapest nd best alternative.

;)

Westminster MA
Username hidden
(81 posts)
We responded to this thread 485 days ago (!) and the response still holds. Fitness is not automatic. You have to work at it. We moved from one city to another, took awhile to find a trainer we liked, but have continued workouts throughout and are probably in better shape--and a little less weight-- than we were a couple of years ago. We're not at high school weight. But we aren't double high school weight either!

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(437 posts)
CH and HB, I'd like to recommend the book ,"The 4 hour body"/Tim Ferris as a very good source for weight loss and fitness,It has a couple of points I'd like to emphasize.Mr Ferris mentions adiiponectin-which measures Insulin resistance as a key to weight loss. I agree.There are expensive meds that do so,but tend to cause wt gain.Still, I recommend Vit D,50,000 units (once per month)as a way of correcting this.it's a buck/pill ,but as I said once /month.And cinnamon capsules act as an oral analog of insulin (decrease insulin,increase metabolism) as well as decreasing appetite Two-three cinnamon capsules twice/day. Consider trying this.Your wt loss should be 5-7 # /month and you'll have less post prandial hypoglycemia. Note.NO matter how good you feel,don't think you can run high hurdles.In the dark.Don't.(And,now I'll limp away.)

Bronson MI
Username hidden
(219 posts)
Great thread. need to vent. I lose it when I read profiles of these "masters of understatement". Just read one that said they each had "a little extra junk in the trunk." From the weights posted and photos it was quite obvious they were each the size of TWO non-overweight people. Carrying the equivalent of another person around is not a little junk in the trunk!

That said, I realize they aren't hiding anything from anyone. But they are fooling themselves if they think it is not a health risk!

Westminster MA
Username hidden
(81 posts)
Sorry I meant yummy not tummy. Sorry.

Maple Grove MN
Username hidden
(6 posts)
Thanks! You are very tummy as well.

Maple Grove MN
Username hidden
(6 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   31 to 40 of 67   End
TOPIC: Where are the trim mature folks