Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness Where are the trim mature folks
TOPIC: Where are the trim mature folks
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   11 to 20 of 67   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Ha Ha! if you don't have time to work out more just go on the Divorce Diet like I am on. Amazing how much weight you lose! ;-D

I'm trying to learn a few things from yoga too. Mainly because I hate stretching out and might as welll learn how to do it right.

:-D

Ps. i dont't know about any yoga studios needing help here in Wayne BUT you're welcome to exercise in my home... bring your maid's outfit. ;-)

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(3744 posts)
OMG! I tried the Sean T workout...I was so sore!!!! It was a good change as advised here but have to admit I only lasted 2 weeks. Probably should have stayed with the program after that since I went through the hardest part of shocking my body but didn't.

Another "routine" I have is working out AND doing my house and yard work. Mopping, cleaning, mowing AND doing pushups, weights and/or mowing really gets you in shape AND gives me a tidy house.

:-)

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(3744 posts)
Just got my semi annual physical today and all of my blood-work came back better than last checkup and he pronounced my prostate was "excellent". lol

I do need to tone and do more cardio but my weight is good (194 dressed), BP excellent and other than recommending a visit to a dermatologist, my doc gave me a clean bill of health.

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12140 posts)
We are thrilled and motivated by the reactions to our OP. We would like to add just a little thought to the mature folks who may be discouraged by what they think must be done -- you are not in training for the Olympics or Mr/Mrs. America, or a body building contest. (and god bless those who aspire to these goals) Your goal is to be FIT! It is essentially a job you will have for the rest of your life. As we have before, we once more recommend Crowley and Lodge's "Younger Next Year" as a good read to get you crankin'

Charlotte NC
Username hidden
(566 posts)
Hi!

Thank you and I agree! What I don't advocate is that we all look the same. How boring!!!! Genetics is key BUT not a limiting factor to looking good the WAY a person feels they should look. I personally feel an "ample" woman looks great! However if they don't feel like they look great it shows in their personality. My advice is for those who want help in finding out what works for them in a routine that helps them in their own goals and not get lost in all the hype.

Cheers!

Ps. You two look great! Ha!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(3744 posts)
Great posts! I feel for you if you are reading posts about "weight" and feel like nothing works for you.

I once had a man in his 60's who asked me how he could get arms like mine. I said you want an honest answer? You wont! But there are things you can do to look your best. If you tried diets, gym, etc. and nothing works, its probably due to your expectations and doing things that will never work for you. The things on TV will never work for the majority of people. Here are a couple tips that may get you in the right direction:

1) GIVE YOUR EFFORTS TIME! How about a one year or longer time frame to get into a routine. Unless you have been involved in some grueling sports in the past and mentally know how to take the punishment you will quit. Start an exercise program that is VERY SIMPLE. Touch your toes, jumping jacks, stretching, etc.. and a SHORT time frame...30 minutes. Build up to a program that you can do and does not make you want to quit. If you wanna quit... WRONG PROGRAM.

2) Food. Start by cutting out a few things at a time. My first thing to cut when I need to lose weight is desserts. Then bread. Then portion size. BUT this works for me.

3) Learn what works for you. There is so much information on weight loss BUT nothing was written for you specifically. Learn from what's out there BUT make your own program. I trade things I love to eat for things I don't HAVE to have.

4) The Body is Stupid! It will do whatever the mind tells it to do. If you tell your legs to jump off a cliff... they will do it. So tell your body what its gonna do!

5) Find things to keep you motivated. I change my exercise routines when I get bored and I get bored easily!

Hope this helps!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(3744 posts)
ahhhh.....well, we just tagged you, Rdy2.....so there...

Charlotte NC
Username hidden
(566 posts)
Gee, Rdy2 -- what does being TAGGED get us? We're game...lol. Lovely pics you have there, btw. M/M Chimera

Charlotte NC
Username hidden
(566 posts)
The original question still stands. And we agree, there is a tendency for some folks to really let themselves go as they age.

Our experience is that if couples want to stay in shape as they age, there are a a few things that matter...

1. Both have to want to stay in shape 2. Mutual support is key 3. Staying in shape is part of other things...health, sex, hobbies 4. "Buying" time with a personal trainer who will push to--and maybe a little beyond--physical limits without causing injury holds everyone accountable. Some people can push themselves. We're in that other group--we respond to having trainers ask for "five more reps" when we think we have nothing left.

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
Great post, J&L -- and lovely photos! That is close to our regimen also. We get up early and do serious cardio 4-6 days a week (defined as minimum of 40 mins at 65 to 85% of max heart rate) and then alternate program of yoga/back exercises or free weights. We usually take Sundays off -- but often at a driving range or golf course.

And we ain't even counting the serious yard and garden work on a fairly large suburban lot or the dance lessons or the occasional hike around our mountain cabin, or...etc., etc. And you are right -- it is WORK.

A serious consequence at our age -- most of the players in our age group have dropped out because of health issues, or loss of interest (prompted by poor conditioning). It is extremely difficult for us to find compatible, reasonably fit people in our cohort, and many of the younger couples are wary of folks our ages (although we are in better shape than the great majority of them!) C&H

Charlotte NC
Username hidden
(566 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   11 to 20 of 67   End
TOPIC: Where are the trim mature folks