Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness What up with all the overweight men
TOPIC: What up with all the overweight men
GoTo Page: Less ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... More 
Start   132 to 141 of 234   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I wanted to touch on that, and of course, got side-tracked.

It is not my responsibility to make sure that my partner looks good. It's his, no ifs or buts about it. He works out for himself, he changes his clothes for him, he shaves and showers because he wants to be clean, he dresses nicely for himself. Same with me.

If the person doesn't want to take care of himself, there is no amount of help from others that will change that. It's just that simple.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17240 posts)
"Now, I love him to pieces."

And all of his pieces too, I'm sure. :D I had hoped my generalization would cause some couples to think about how they could spur their spouses onto shaping up. Especially if it affecting play. But if your man has it good, then why change it?

Covina CA
Username hidden
(99 posts)
"Wives play a part in how the husbands look as well. I hope wives in the LS take a step back and assess their husbands in a way others will - and vice versa. Your spouse looks great to you, make sure your spouse looks great to others as well."

Not always so. I cook healthy meals. When we go out, I order healthy... I've gotten to where I can't even eat pizza, it'll make me ill. But that doesn't keep my husband from going to McDonalds for lunch... or stopping to get a milkshake on the way home from work after a crappy day at the office. Now, I love him to pieces. He is the rock that keeps everything from falling apart. I don't care if no one else can see what I do. He has a girlfriend who also knows how special he is, she's a good friend of mine too, so it works.

Visalia CA
Username hidden
(4185 posts)
I lost almost a hundred pounds by taking up fly fishing.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Really? Did you look at the paintings? There are some hips and guts on those babes. But I am sure some impostor with the same name painted those.

Cedar Rapids IA
Username hidden
(73 posts)
This is one of those threads that really has legs. Still not sure of the "why" part of the OP question. There does seem to be an obesity issue among LS men, perhaps an intervention is in order. Forget the attractiveness issue, live and love people, get healthy and stay around awhile.

Oklahoma City OK
Username hidden
(241 posts)
Yes, they painted slender women!

But I see that you're here to force feed us your non sense, so I'll just let you carry on with others who are willing to listen to your crap.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17240 posts)
Degas and Picasso, even Orpen painted women to be slender? By today's standards? You are aware google has images, right?

Swing and a miss.

Nice try though.

And I am not saying that because *A* specific artist depicts them that way, it is evidence. I am saying that because *many* have.

How about the exaggerated birth canal being a sign of strength and the ability to produce healthy offspring, therefore increasing the chance a male will choose the woman as a mate? There's pretty solid science behind that one too if you care to try and refute it.

Look, you guys have your preference, but you cannot rewrite history when it suits you. You are conveniently ignoring how overweight men can be depicted as attractive, where I have given several examples of how women are seen that way.

For the sake of argument, lets even say the depiction of women is a tossup. (It isn't.)

Men still come out on the short end of the stick. Another pun for you.

Cedar Rapids IA
Username hidden
(73 posts)
Your claim is that because Rubens painted fat women, men prefer women with child bearing hips and a flabby gut? Would that mean that if I claimed that because Picasso, Iglasias, Orpen, Degas and many many others painted slender women, that men prefer them that way? How ludicrous. Attractiveness or desire is not based on what you see in sculptures and paintings. Each case is subjective, we all find different body types and personalities attractive. As an example, my husband is not aroused by women with child bearing hips, nor large behinds, flab turns him off. He prefers women on the smaller side, small butts, flat abs, slender hips.

Arguing on whom society finds more attractive is silly at best.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17240 posts)
Well, Sweet, the history of the human race is on my side on this one.

Lets compare media (art, music, stories) of overweight men who inspire lust vs. those of overweight women that do the same. You can argue your point all you want, but the math doesn't lie. You have an opinion. I have evidence.

Women with an exaggerated birth canal (i.e. bigger hips and ass) are considered erotic in many different cultures. Study sculpture much? Now look at the men in sculpture. Show me one culture that glorifies a beer gut on a man over the chiseled "David" look.

And no, Buddhism doesn't count. (since that statue you're thinking of isn't Buddha)

So your claim that overweight women being just as "ugly" as overweight men just doesn't hold water, pun intended.

Even using your own argument that men are willing to overlook weight adds credence to my point. If the women were so unattractive, men wouldn't be fucking them. They *are* finding them attractive enough to have sex with.

The only thing you can really argue here is that women are more discerning in their sex partners. Welcome once again to human history.

Cedar Rapids IA
Username hidden
(73 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... More 
Start   132 to 141 of 234   End
TOPIC: What up with all the overweight men