What up with all the overweight men : Swingers Discussion 161294
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessWhat up with all the overweight men
TOPIC: What up with all the overweight men
Created by: sunburned
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 219   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Congrats. Also if you want to PM me with questions feel free to or post here somewhere. I wish you success in your transformation and don't set the bar too low. Set some goals and hammer away at them.

Lexington KY

Username hidden
(630 posts)
Getting off diabetes meds is GREAT! Congrats!

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
I can't make it too ridiculously strict, I'll rebel. And I want these changes to be for life, so slow is okay. I got to come off a diabetes med today:)

I've already noticed in pics taken a year ago, but that's great advice. Will do. Thanks for all the helpful info in here.

I'll try again to post pics of Mr. Sexus' changing body too. (you know, same old gripe w/ uploading on here)

Gina

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(7127 posts)
Toomuchfun is absolutely right! Don't worry about what the scale reads! Be much more concerned with how you look in the mirror, and how your clothes fit! The added muscle you gain from working out weighs approx. 30% more per volume than any fat you are losing. So therefore so can actually be gaining weight and still losing in size! Everyone wavers off their diet now and again! If you make it too ridiculously strict, then it's too hard to stick to! Just stay consistent and the positive changes will keep coming! Good luck and keep up the great work!

Hudson OH

Username hidden
(79 posts)
Keep on rolling. Sexus take some measurements and underwear pics now so you have something to contrast next year. I've seen some pretty amazing transformations where you look at some before/after pics and really can't say anything beyond "WOW". I've also seen people's personality transform at the same time, life changing event for them really.

Lexington KY

Username hidden
(630 posts)
I meant 208, not 211. I think 211 was his highest weight ever.

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(7127 posts)
Good to note on both parts, thanks:) And you're right, I like the pace we're going. He's gone from a high of 211 a year ago, to about 195, and I've gone from 189 to 167.5-168 (I go up and down a couple pounds each month). And we wish we would've measured ourselves at the beginning, but we didn't think we'd stick it out a month, much less 9. Ha.

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(7127 posts)
Gina, you are doing great. You dont want a fast weight drop. Almost all people who drop weight fast, includinv those that did so with surgical help, regain it all and more fairly fast.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16526 posts)
Congratulations on your transformation. No one is perfect with either diet or exercise, not even us more experienced people. Also u mentioned your hubby is changing body composition but not loosing weight as much as he might want. Guys who start working in strength training can put on muscle fairly quickly which offsets scale weight and can actually be discouraging. I wld suggest getting a set of bodyfat calipers and picking a spot to measure and track his progress that way. You dont actually have to do a bodyfat check, just pick a place you can duplicate the measurement easily each week.

Lexington KY

Username hidden
(630 posts)
As for food intake, we are also making a LOT better choices there. Are we perfect at this? No, not at all. It's undoing 50 years of bad choices. It's changing a lifetime of bad habits. So, while we are mostly making better choices, we also slip back into non-healthy choices too. But the choices are ones we can live with all our lives. One day I wanted fries. So I cut out other carbs in other meals for that day. Just simple stuff we can live with, like less portion sizes. You guys know all this already. Maybe that's why I'm posting in here, to say "Thank you! I get it now!"

Mr. is losing about a pound a month. Slower than he'd like, but he's changing his body shape. Pants size is down from a tighter 38 to a looser 36, and he bought shorts size 34 the other day (the waistband has a bit of a give to it). I am down a solid jeans size, from a tight 16 to a 14 petite. That says more to us than the scale. So, when I need encouragement, I'll repost in here.

Thanks for your help and advice over the years. The best of it is that you have to find what works for you and stick with it.

Gina

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(7127 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 219   End
TOPIC: What up with all the overweight men