What to do while you have a cold : Swingers Discussion 217039101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessWhat to do while you have a cold
TOPIC: What to do while you have a cold
Created by: thn1045
Original Starting post for this thread:
If you work out regularly, what do you do while you have a cold?

I've had doctors tell me to stop because it will make it worse. I've cut my calories then to a very low amount and not done cardio.

Do you still do weight training, crunches, etc.?

Would love to get your inputs!

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
Workout. Put a sweats on, increase your body temperature when you feel the cold coming on. Workout normally lifting and ad about 30 minute hard cardio.

I have been sick in years and I'm around kids all day that are sick. Now don't do this if you have a fever, you will pass out.

Mt Lebanon PA
Username hidden
(1 post)
I went through exactly the same thing. I missed 15 days in the gym but got back in a few days ago. I still am hacking out the last dying traces of it and it's been almost 4 weeks. Shittiest cold in years.

Washington DC
Username hidden
(19400 posts)
almost done with this crap that everyone else has had. have not hit the weights in 2 weeks. heavy lifting will tax the immune system so i stay away while ill. and i hate running so i don't need much of an excuse to miss out on that. i just rested for 2 weeks put on a couple of pounds that i will burn off in the basement next week.

Duluth MN
Username hidden
(3 posts)
This "flu" bug hit most of the trainers and a few members of our gym a few weeks ago. Knocked them out for a week in bed and another week they didn't workout. You've got to recover, and you need to minimize exposing others to your germs. Maybe some light lifting, but take it easy on the cardio until you feel comfortable.

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(959 posts)
It depends on the severity. If I can work out and not have to pussyfoot my way through it, I do. If I can't, I take the extra sleep.

Washington DC
Username hidden
(19400 posts)
A query to those who read the fitness forum...

There is a particularly unpleasant upper respiratory infection running around our part of the country--typically begins with a sore throat and a characteristic "barking" cough. A dry cough persists for weeks after the sinuses had cleared and the throat soreness has resolved. Otherwise healthy people are having to resort to corticosteroids (not anabolic steroids) as antiinflammatory agents.

Has this run through your community? Have you had it?

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(437 posts)
I never work out when I have a cold or not at 100%. Not being able to give your all in a work out, defeats the purpose of a work out.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17862 posts)
No. You cut your calories down and nurse the cold.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16415 posts)
If you work out regularly, what do you do while you have a cold?

I've had doctors tell me to stop because it will make it worse. I've cut my calories then to a very low amount and not done cardio.

Do you still do weight training, crunches, etc.?

Would love to get your inputs!

Bensalem PA
Username hidden
(1171 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: What to do while you have a cold