What to do about weight : Swingers Discussion 68436
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessWhat to do about weight
TOPIC: What to do about weight
Created by: simtower46
Original Starting post for this thread:
Hello (male half here) My wife is over-weight. A lot. So am I, but my weight problem doesn't limit my physical abilities. She, on the other hand, is on a whole assortment of medication and is now having issues with her leg. So, although she is over weight too, her condition is much worse than mine. But I'm really not in a situation to say much about her weight problem since I have one too. However. I want her to loose weight. I'm concerned about her. And I love her. I just can't stand to see her looking like she is. What do I do? Forget it? The problem won't go away. Concentrate on my weight only? I did that once with great sucess, but it still leaves her condition unresolved. Positive re-enforcement? The Dr. Phil approach. I hate Dr. Phil. Negative re-enforcement? Might work, she's a military brat, but I'm not a Marine drill sergeant. Any ideas appreciated.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
You might try approaching her by saying you need HER help in keeping you on track (diet and cooking, getting to the gym, replacing bad snacks with healthy snacks). If you are diligent in your efforts perhaps she will get involved in more ways than just helping to keep you on track, or just watching you achieve your goals. Just an idea.

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
Hello! I understand, there is never an easy way to mention this idea to anyone, especially a woman. This is a subject that we are very sensitive about, so you can't just come out and say "hey honey, I think you need to lose some weight." AND I completely understand that you are concerned for her health.....and you rightly should be. Obesity contributes to many, many health problems and even death. I can tell you that Jay and I have lost alot of weight within the last 6 months. We started out by simply modifying our diet and eating healthy. If she drinks soda, suggest water. I was SHOCKED when I found out how many calories I was consuming just in Pepsi, it was like 1500 calories per day! Since you drink it you just don't think about it being calories....now I allow myself one 20oz soda per week. If you do the cooking try making lower calorie meals. They don't have to taste bad, we really dish up some delicious ones. Once she starts eating healthier she will see a drop in weight, and will probably feel better. That motivated me to go the extra mile. Now we work out daily and eat high protein (turkey is great), low carb foods. I try not to eat simple carbs like breads and refined sugars.

Anyways, at first suggest smaller things. Best of luck to you!!

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
I would be willing to go running, but like Rose I work during the day and most of my workout time falls in the late afternoon to early evening. With the treadmill being broke, I am more than happy to get out there and get started though.

-s

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
Thanks for the offer J. I would love a workout partner if we could get it together. I work during the day until 5:30 everyday though. S is more of a outside runner then I am also. I am thinking of joining the RAC for a few months until we start back up at the YMCA in the New Year. If you have any more ideas, let me know. I definitly could figure something out for the weekends if you want to kick my butt back into shape.

~Rose

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
"Positive reinforcement is ALWAYS the best, most reliable solution. Set a good example. Adopt healthy lifestyle habits. Show her how good you feel by following easy guidelines you are establishing for yourself. Eat healthy, exercise regularly and reduce unnecessary stress. Go for long walks together. Make it a "couples" activity and support her. Not everyone has that self-starter mentality. Some people need a push-start (or a pull-start) in the right direction from someone who cares about them. Whatever you do though, makes sure she knows you are doing it out of love (for her and yourself)."

I love what you said here hotcuppl2! Best advise any one could give. I would like to say that negative reinforcement should never be used. Tearing someone down that has a weight problem would most likely result in the over weight person eating more and gaining more weight.

~Rose (someone who needs a push-start, any personal trainers in the area that would like to help?...lol)

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
I think you can save some money if you get a family membership.

-s

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
Went over to the local YMCA today. They do have good rates. I'm going to leave the literature out for her to see. I'll join and go. If she wants to as well, she can always express and interest.

Spring City PA
Username hidden
(38 posts)
Hello (male half here) My wife is over-weight. A lot. So am I, but my weight problem doesn't limit my physical abilities. She, on the other hand, is on a whole assortment of medication and is now having issues with her leg. So, although she is over weight too, her condition is much worse than mine. But I'm really not in a situation to say much about her weight problem since I have one too. However. I want her to loose weight. I'm concerned about her. And I love her. I just can't stand to see her looking like she is. What do I do? Forget it? The problem won't go away. Concentrate on my weight only? I did that once with great sucess, but it still leaves her condition unresolved. Positive re-enforcement? The Dr. Phil approach. I hate Dr. Phil. Negative re-enforcement? Might work, she's a military brat, but I'm not a Marine drill sergeant. Any ideas appreciated.

Spring City PA
Username hidden
(38 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: What to do about weight