What can a trainer do for you : Swingers Discussion 96352
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessWhat can a trainer do for you
TOPIC: What can a trainer do for you
Created by: biandbi804
Original Starting post for this thread:
My wife and I have been going to the gym about 3 days a week for several months now. We have mostly been using the weight machines and some cardio on the bikes. I (male) have seen some definite toning and muscle improvement, but not as much fat reduction in my waist as I would like. I am fairly slender in build except for my mid-section. My wife can see some improvement in toning, too, but is not happy with the overall lack of weight loss to date. It has been suggested we might benefit fro a fitness trainer. How does that work? Do they set you up a program? I see a package deals for 3 sessions, 5 sessions, etc. They are fairly expensive. Do you just get set up, then later you are on your own to practice what your trainer sets up for you? Thanks for your imput!

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
the personal trainer I used 2 years ago was part of the care center supplied by my ob/gyn's office.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17839 posts)
lol poly let him stand and use you as the weight ;)

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17839 posts)
The only think my personal trainer was take my money and yell at me alot. Then I shoved a eliptical machine up his ass and he quit.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Thanks, Singer! We have been in touch with a good trainer here on the south side. We hope to start with him next week. Good luck to you. R & A

Calabash NC
Username hidden
(73 posts)
Thanks, FNDMTL! You answered several of our questions. We are going to go ahead and start out with 3 sessions, and then periodically get another as needed. R & A

Calabash NC
Username hidden
(73 posts)
This is a great question.

Trainers provide you with two things: safety and accountability.

Accountability--you paid for it so you will show up and you will focus on form and progress.

Safety--the trainer will push you, and generally get about 30% more performance out of you than you will get out of the session yourself. They are there to help show you your personal frontier--and then push it back.

What you will find is that an initial package will get you started...but periodically you will want to go back to add new activities to your exercise routine.

Many trainers like to take on couples for workouts.

Make sure you learn about your trainer's certifications. Also, you should at least briefly interview prospective trainers to get a sense of their personality and decide whether you think there is a "fit". Scheduling is also important. Trainer should be willing to provide references and you SHOULD check those references.

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(437 posts)
My wife and I have been going to the gym about 3 days a week for several months now. We have mostly been using the weight machines and some cardio on the bikes. I (male) have seen some definite toning and muscle improvement, but not as much fat reduction in my waist as I would like. I am fairly slender in build except for my mid-section. My wife can see some improvement in toning, too, but is not happy with the overall lack of weight loss to date. It has been suggested we might benefit fro a fitness trainer. How does that work? Do they set you up a program? I see a package deals for 3 sessions, 5 sessions, etc. They are fairly expensive. Do you just get set up, then later you are on your own to practice what your trainer sets up for you? Thanks for your imput!

Calabash NC
Username hidden
(73 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: What can a trainer do for you