Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness What about other ppl in your life
TOPIC: What about other ppl in your life
Created by: clearsthroat
Original Starting post for this thread:
There is about a 25 year old girl in a class I'm taking that is very heavy (obese). Her clothes barely cover her and the top of her arm is round like a bowling ball. Now that you have that mental image, imagine this girl coming in every class night with a super-duper sized soda from a fast-food place or one of those liters of Pepsi.

Am I the only one that gets mad at other people for not taking care of themselves?

I've fantasized about asking her to stop drinking soda, or hell switch to diet. In every class I've taken there has been a girl like this and I can't help but stare and get angry everytime they open the cap.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
User Details are only visible to members.
I moved to central PA from a large city a few years ago....I was amazed at how old a lot of people looked....I used to never even know anyone that smoked.. I see people here that think that just constantly smoke, drink and eat bad food, and have never worked out looking awful at 30 and having terrible health problems. It is just a different culture. in NY or DC it is not uncommon to meet many 45 year old ladies that are absolutly dazzling. Here a high percentage are trashed at 28. I am stuck here a couple of more years it looks like....I don't really care what other people do, but it is strange how some people are.

Austin TX
Username hidden
(15 posts)
I have spent a good chunk of my life in the gym. From high school football, to the military, to gym time after work. It is all mental. You either want to be there or you don't. You either enjoy your time working out or you don't. Even now in my 40's, I don't hit the gym as much as I used to and I don't look like I did in my 20's, but I am still good for three miles on the tread at 6'4 and 230 pounds.

Our bodies are pretty simple engines. If calories in > than calories burned you gain weight. Burn more than you take in, you lose weight. We can burn nearly any fuel, but choosing the right fuel can make a world of difference. Ask Morgan Spurlock (or see his film Supersize Me).

I have known some seriously overweight folks, and I have told them all the same thing.. You have to want to do it. Anyone can lose weight, you just have to want it enough to change your lifestyle and put in the work. Even if they never set foot in a gym, walking, biking, swimming, and sex will do wonders for burning calories and tuning up the cv system.

Rob

Davie FL
Username hidden
(12 posts)
FlirtyinFishnets & Triple Threat,

I concur with most of what you are saying. I think Triple Threat hit the point that we should be more concerned with children then adults. Adults are ultimately responsible for themselves. Children are sponges and can be taught and guided to eat and drink more responsibly. To me, those that are fat are similar to those that are an alcoholic or a drug user/abuser. All the intervention programs in the word will not help until the person who is overweight has an epiphany.

My wife and I met 14 years ago. At that time, we were both in great shape. Over the last three years we both got lazy and put on a lot of weight. The past 10 months we have been running and working out and have lost 30 and 22 pounds, respectively. We are just now rounding into shape with a few extra pounds to lose.

My point is I don't blame Micky D's or the soda companies (Actually, we never eat at McD's, I just used them to make a point). I realized where the blame was and did the responsible thing. I blamed myself and after getting disgusted with ourselves we did something about it. We went back to a proper healthy diet, began exercising on a regular basis, and used positive reinforcement with each other. We still "treat" ourselves to an occasional Ice Cream etc, but we do so in very limited moderation.

If fat/overweight people are happy with themselves, then I believe we should not put our values in their face. My wife, who is a medical professional, has a way about her where she can tactfully bring a conversation around to the subject of weight and health. She does this in a positive and friendly manner, some listen to her, some do not. She is a sweet lady who only tries to enlighten people as to the health risks. Me - I just stay away from the subject as I am blunt and not very tactful.

Now, concerning sex and this lifestyle, neither my wife nor I am attracted to large men or BBW. Hell, we stopped having sex when we ballooned up - lol. As I said earlier, not only were we turned off by each other, we were disgusted with ourselves. So, if we weren't going to have sex with each other when we had extra pounds, we are not going to have sex with others that are extremely overweight.

Just my own personal thoughts on the subject.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Hey all, I agree with clears. Here in Canada we have goverment funded health care that is going to the crappers. the problem is because of smokers and people who don't take care of their weight issues. I know that some people are big because of genetics, but that should not give them an excuse to hit the golden arches. or eat the candy bars. I am not a bitch about these things, everything in moderation I say. I don't eat junk food as a rule, but if I want something sweet I don't deny myself either. If the day comes when I really need my health care and it has run dry because of having to treat people who refuse to take proper care of themselves I will go through the roof. I don't drink, smoke, eat junk food, and I excercise 5-6 days a week. If I need health care it had better be there for me. Not that I deserve better care, but I am not a strain on the system, therefore I should not be punished for the problems we are having with it. If you are overweight, but try to eat right and excercise then good for you, be proud of yourself. If however you are scoffing a burger and fries before class, shame on you. Sorry if I have offended anyone here

Grand Bend Canada
Username hidden
(2 posts)
I think it great you have a partner and hope you both find support in each other. I tend to be a creature of habit. There are times I try and replace a bad habit with a better one lol not always a good one, just better ; ) I know V and I enjoy our walks together. Its another kind of alone time we enjoy. We walk and chat. At times, take the dogs. Its a great time for us to unwind and bond. When I met V he was almost 40 lbs heavier than he is now. I would be with him with or without the weight loss. That had no importance to me. He lost the weight and attempts to maintain it as, we want every last second we can squeeze out of life and that is our motivation. I find, in life, things happen all in good time. Maybe this time you and your wife make a commitment to each other and then work on it together. I wish you both well and happiness : ) enjoy forum joan*

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(7757 posts)
Welcome to forum Wonder. Great first post. I do hope you are feeling and doing better. The good thing about weight is? you can lose it. You sound like a very wise person and I wish you well.

joan*

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(7757 posts)
"I'm sure you mean well but leave the advice to the instructor of your class. I am sure she has spotted the problem and will do something about it....or may already have started to work on it :)"

LOL, oops. I doubt my tax-prep instructor is collaborating with this woman on these types of issues. :) Can I put a note on her desk on the last day of the semester?

I like your saying poly, ..... oh jeez, don't want to rehash the 700 lb man again..... we'll just leave it at that.

Wheatland CA
Username hidden
(1123 posts)
It is an addiction. Can you stop an addict by telling him how bad drugs are for him or what he needs to do to get better? The answer is no. They have to hit rock bottom first. Unfortunately, the rock bottom for some is death. The only thing you can really do is to be there for them when they do hit rock bottom. They are going to need all the love and support they can get to survive hitting the bottom.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18044 posts)
I have a friend that won't have sex because he's fat. He says that he can't ahve sex with an overweight girl because he'll feel like they are with him because they can't get anyone else and he can't get with a lighter girl because he'll think she just pities him.

He goes to the gym alot but eats out and eats too much and when I say something about his food intake it makes his self-esteem worse. I don't know what could help him so I've suggested taking diet pills for a while but he refuses saying that he will have a heart attack but now is somewhat willing.

Wheatland CA
Username hidden
(1123 posts)
There is about a 25 year old girl in a class I'm taking that is very heavy (obese). Her clothes barely cover her and the top of her arm is round like a bowling ball. Now that you have that mental image, imagine this girl coming in every class night with a super-duper sized soda from a fast-food place or one of those liters of Pepsi.

Am I the only one that gets mad at other people for not taking care of themselves?

I've fantasized about asking her to stop drinking soda, or hell switch to diet. In every class I've taken there has been a girl like this and I can't help but stare and get angry everytime they open the cap.

Wheatland CA
Username hidden
(1123 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
TOPIC: What about other ppl in your life