Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Fitness › What's your WOD (workout of the day)
TOPIC: What's_your_WOD_(workout_of_the_day)
« Prev  1 ...  5.6  6.6  7.6  8.6  9.6  10.6  11.6  12.6  13.6  14.6  ... 204  Next »
97 to 106 of 2039
User Details are only visible to members.
Holy crap I'm sore! Crushed it yesterday. Getting to Today's WOD is going to take way more motivation than I have now.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(4473 posts)
Just completed WOD, 30 minutes treadmill, upper chest and arms, also threw in some leg lifts... Now our group is doing Pickelball 3 x a week.. hard to fit time in to learn guitar.. oh well its all good !

Lithia FL
Username hidden
(905 posts)
Holy crap! Some serious weight flying around here. 175# for nynjglutenator is very good! 75# bench with a nice ass is still HOT. Pool tubes are perfect and feel way better than a towel on the shoulders. I always test my strength in the gym but don't push the weight up unless I'm training to do so. I figure I spent years building this temple Ha! I dont want to rip nothing bad. So easy to hurt something these days. Heck just running is putting my body through hell these days...but we'll worth it. :-)

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(4473 posts)
Well how about that. I threw 2 more 5 lb plates on and squatted 275 and it felt the same. More next time....

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24573 posts)
I want to see the results of this alleged glute camp...

Mrs. VA didn't like how I looked in those days. I could also leg press 990 (the most the machine would hold - 11 45-lb plates on each side). I had fairly high body fat though and was really more of a power lifter than anything else. I was as strong as an ox but still a little pudgy. btw that bench was a free weight - machines change everything.

I'm always so nervous about pushing it with squats, because it's so easy for things to go wrong. I do mine in a cage but I've still only got 265 or so on my shoulders these days. I'm a total wimp when it comes to ramping the weight up.

Oh - BLM - of all of the wraps and things people put around the bar for squats to pad it? I use a pool noodle. Works great! Cut it lengthwise, put it on and put a piece of duct tape around either end. After a few months it wears out but so what - it was $2.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24573 posts)
holy moley on the 300+.

most i ever benched was 175. nowadays 75 is it. but i can press and squat 150 with my legs which ain't too shabby considering how infrequently i weight train. in a few weeks i will be adding a better rounded (weights, yoga, core, etc) program on to my regular cardio kicks. gotta get back to lean mean cardio machine.

tonight was an hour of glute camp.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(9907 posts)
That's hittin it good VA! I think one could still hit those yesteryear lifts but would require way too much time training..who has that time?

WOD-30 min. weights 30 min treadmill run/jog.. legs really feeling real good and getting used to the running. Can't wait to hit 3 miles top speed. :-)

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(4473 posts)
Oh I totally know NJ.

I broke my near-week off today and got back in with a bit of a vengeance. Pushed it possibly a bit much. I usually do (after my warmup weight) 4 sets of 8 @205 on the bench, but today managed 3 sets of 12 and one of 9. I'm always nervous about pushing for that ever elusive last rep because I don't ever have a spotter, so I never do a rep that I am not certain I can handle.

Once upon a time I could do 5 sets of 6 @315 on the bench. Those days are gone forever I'm pretty sure.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24573 posts)
Not sure I can count yesterday watching a VERY active 3 year old a rest day..somehow my back always reminds me it wasn't.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(4473 posts)
about 20 minutes in to 55 minutes of glute camp level 10.

VA, you'll be back at it again soon enough. you already know how much better it feels to be working out regularly.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(9907 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  5.6  6.6  7.6  8.6  9.6  10.6  11.6  12.6  13.6  14.6  ... 204  Next »
97 to 106 of 2039
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.