What's your WOD (workout of the day) : Swingers Discussion 2134081082
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessWhat's your WOD (workout of the day)
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... More 
Start   82 to 91 of 928   End
User Details are only visible to members.
First 5k of the Fall Season this morning.....even if I walk part of it (knees just aren't what they used to be)

Wilmington NC
Username hidden
(520 posts)
Its hard to loose weight on willpower alone. Don't be afraid to try different things in the hope something clicks for you. Find something you can focus on related to your goals and you have to WANT it.

Also I want to say I don't do this diet because I do too much strength training. BUT the most effective weight loss diets I know of are Adkins and Keto. There are too many reasons to go into here but you can google them and find a bunch of info about them both. The stuff about protein causing kidney failure and fat raising cholesterol is a bunch of sudo-science BS but you will see that too.

Keto is a diet of mostly fat. Adkins is a diet of mostly protein (and fat). Carbs are what make you fat, stay away from carbs and stuff yourself to the gills with protein and fat and you will certainly loose weight wo being hungry.

This is my opinion based on MY experience, I am not a doctor. Insert the rest of the small print disclaimer BS from your favorite legalize document here.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2754 posts)
Thank you for the extra info. Bread and sugar make my stomach hurt so I do avoid as much as possible and it has helped. I noticed milk makes my stomach bloat too. I'm seeing progress but it's just been slow and my patience is running low! I know it's worth it! Thank you all! Allie

Newnan GA
Username hidden
(19 posts)
All this is true, but.....I have found that carbs tend to bloat the belly, which can make it stick out. While you will not necessarily be reducing the fat on your belly, if you reduce your carb intake, your abs will be flatter.

Yesterday I performed an uncontrolled matzo ball study; many balls were uncontrolably consumed, and boom! I looked 4 months pregnant within 10 minutes.

All kidding aside, try it on yourself. Eliminate carbs and crap for a few days. Start simply with refined sugar, wheat and most processed foods, including alcohol. You will be amazed at your abs. Then eat some bread and see what happens.

One of the diets I love, and by diets I mean methods of eating and not weight reducing strategies, is CLEAN by Sebastian Junger. You can look at the book or website. Forget ordering his powdered whatever for hundreds of dollars; just follow the elimination diet for two weeks and see how you feel. You will be amazed, especially if you suffer from any allergies, because they will be gone. You belly will feel flatter, simply because of reduced bloating. Then you can play around with different foods and see how they affect you body. I did this about 4 years ago and as a result I all but gave up bread, pasta, sugar, corn and alcohol in my home. When I go out I eat and drink whatever I want, but I have found over time that unless the food is outstanding, the consumption is not worth the effect on my body.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5306 posts)
Yep he's right. Spot reduction is not possible. Your body chooses where to mobilize fat from.

Sometimes if you lose weight fast you will lose it primarily from one place (like butt, thighs, belly or boobs). However, if you hold your weight steady your body will shuffle stuff around and even it out again.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20220 posts)
Please say it ain't so! Lol

Newnan GA
Username hidden
(19 posts)
Lipo or coolsculpting. No way to loose fat in one specific spot otherwise

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2754 posts)
Legs with trainer. I'm so sore I walk stiff!! I also just started extra ab workouts at home. Any suggestions on how to jump start a blast off of some extra weight around the belly area? I do Zumba once- twice week, train with weight three days week, abs at home with walking. Weekends bike or hike. Thanks!!

Newnan GA
Username hidden
(19 posts)
Saturday: 3 x 1 mile jogs out to the park and back to the office (11a, 1p, and 3p).

Sunday: rest

Monday: unplanned rest

Tuesday: Ab roller 3 x 8; 12 rounds for time of 5 hang power cleans (65 lb - went lighter than prescribed to go unbroken and save my back) + 5 Toes-2-bar. 11 min 23 sec.

Wednesday: Bootcamp - lots of bear crawls and planks and a few crab walks over an hour.

Thursday: Snatch balance work with 65 lb, then for time 1000m row, 50 power snatch 55 lb, 30 burpees. 12:50.

Friday: hmmm, not sure yet. Maybe crossfit, maybe a jog, maybe rest day.

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(972 posts)
I taught fitness classes for years as well, and I know exactly what you mean; it was such a charge of energy to be with all those happy people.

Good luck, Mr va with all that moving and driving. It is so excoting.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5306 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... More 
Start   82 to 91 of 928   End
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)