Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Fitness › What's your WOD (workout of the day)
TOPIC: What's_your_WOD_(workout_of_the_day)
« Prev  1 ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ... 287  Next »
71 to 80 of 2866
User Details are only visible to members.
I'm doing Insanity (45-60 minutes a day of intense cardio) followed by more or less the same weight routine (~ 1 hour) I've been doing on and off for 20 years. Most days I'm attempting to restrict my calories to 2,200 or so, although in practice I think it's an average of more like 2,800.

My calorie baseline is 2,800 so working out for 2 hours on top of that puts my daily burn at around 3,500-3,800. So I should be in the 5000-7000 cal a week deficit i.e. 1.5-2 pounds per week of fat loss. But I am noticeably gaining muscle at the same time, hence my weight is barely moving - I'm more or less swapping out fat for muscle, which is what we're all trying to do, isn't it? :)

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26045 posts)
Any time you can get through a Holiday down a notch, or just event, is a WIN. That Insanity Routine must be the answer?

Parsippany NJ
Username hidden
(421 posts)
" I just don't champion-eat like I used to"

Exactly the right thing to do in my opinion and that Insanity will do the rest. Guaranteed! Good luck with the Mrs. always fun having a partner for that craziness.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6180 posts)
What's funny is that I just don't champion-eat like I used to. On Thanksgiving I had one big plate of food and one slice each of pumpkin and key lime pie. My key lime pie might be the most calorie-dense food in existence. One whole pie is 8,500 calories.

With generous whipped cream, of course.

But other than grazing on the leftover ham and turkey I didn't really pig out a lot. Most of the pies were given away, with 2 going into the freezer. Basically, I ate well-above normal, but not the 10,000 calorie days I used to do for holidays. So I really didn't have all that much to recover from. Plus, I didn't skip any workouts.

Tomorrow is the last day of month 1 of Insanity. We will have to see if Mrs. VA is ready to join me in re-starting or if I am forging forward.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26045 posts)
BUT down a notch days after Thanksgiving..That's crushing it.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6180 posts)
Day 23 of Insanity - the longest one (workout is 56 minutes, the last 16 of which are all abs).

Plus legs.

My weight has finally moved down a notch. 208. Lol.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26045 posts)
I'm just curious. I don't actually know anyone who's attempted it. I only know the few anecdotes I've read online.

Your program seems atypically long though, no? Most I have seen are 4-6 weeks, not 12.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26045 posts)
Va , typically 1.5 to 2 hrs. My frustration is with results. I m not bored or fatigued with the routine. I thought I would start to see more mass at this point. Thanks for checking in.... let me know if you come across any more insights. Tkx

Parsippany NJ
Username hidden
(421 posts)
How long is your typical GVT workout, chezde?

Also just curious - when you say you're getting frustrated - do you mean results aren't coming as well as you'd like? Or do you mean mental fatigue? I've read the program can deliver on results at the expense of drudgery. A lot of people stop because they get bored of it, not because it doesn't work.

You've obviously done well for yourself. Congrats.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26045 posts)
today was strictly cardio: long morning stretch and only 20 minutes at night.

active recovery day--got to catch up on some much needed sleep.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(14242 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ... 287  Next »
71 to 80 of 2866
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.