What's your WOD (workout of the day) : Swingers Discussion 2134081062
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessWhat's your WOD (workout of the day)
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   62 to 71 of 543   End
User Details are only visible to members.
S_Couple: I have to agree with Looking. However for me it is more a function of quality of life. After college I basically focused on work and family and as a result became a typical weekend warrior. Then when hit my forties and did some half-asses attempts at running or fitness and nothing really stuck. Jump to 50 and I see how my immediate family was aging...not well. High weight, BP, and cholesterol. Watched my mom suffer vascular dementia and my dad need a valve replacement. See my older brother balloon and look 10 years older. Decided then that I did not desire that for myself so hit the gym harder. Not perfect by any stretch but feel fitter now then I did in my 40's. Everything I do now is mostly for maintenance since I am not genetically capable of looking big and buff. It certainly helps me enjoy those things I like to do and enjoy them longer.

Washington DC
Username hidden
(489 posts)
Looking,

Maybe, if your hobby is working out. That's not mine. I workout to look good and be healthy. I certainly don't have time nor desire to do it throughout the day if I want to be able to do other things I have to do and I want to do. My hobbies are writing and reading. I can't do any workout when I'm writing. But I can still walk when I'm reading, which is why I'm targeting 10k+ steps everyday.

Schaumburg IL
Username hidden
(343 posts)
I find that i, and most everyone, can find time through out the day to work out. You don't need a gym or video to get in shape. What I mean is that in the course of the day I do max sets of push ups, single leg squats, pull ups (when I pass the bar at home) sit ups....ect. I find that I get hundreds of reps over the course of the day. I still do the gym thing but our bodies can handle more than just a 1 hour workout in a 24 day. ha

Heathcote NY
Username hidden
(2 posts)
Mine is full body workout... It's a testofuel program. As for which one is better, full body vs split:

www fitness-science org/index.php/faqs-and-fables/188-what-is-most-effective-for-muscle-growth-split-training-or-full-body-workout

I don't have much free time like you guys. All I can do is 3 day full body and 10k+ steps (done whenever I have time, even 5-10 min at a time) everyday. The steps are to somewhat control the fat gained for eating more.

Split method requires you to spend more time to get all your muscles trained. And it doesn't give as much boost in your growth hormone and testosterone.

Schaumburg IL
Username hidden
(343 posts)
There are a bunch of routines on bodybuilding. com that you can look at.

I think any weight training is based around three main exercises: Bench, Deadlift and squats its hard to do all three of those one one day for sure so I'm not a fan of whole body workouts. Its too general and is fine if you are a total beginner, otherwise you should look at some sort of split routine. From looking at your pics I doubt you would make any gains with whole body weight training. You could maintain and stay toned if that is your goal.

Again I don't know a whole lot about you or your training history so this is opinion and guesses.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(1706 posts)
TMF: curious if you have any recommended full body workout routines that can be done 3-days a week? Work is getting hectic and it's eating into my exercise time. I have researched some sites but the number of routines is overwhelming to say the least. Thanks.

Washington DC
Username hidden
(489 posts)
You totally should take that as a victory! Great job Mrs DD.

Washington DC
Username hidden
(489 posts)
I finally worked out. It was a simple circuit. I was surprised that I fell right back into it, breathing a little harder but I kept the same intensity as before surgery with the exception of one machine where I went down 10 lbs. I'll consider that a victory. : )

Lubbock TX
Username hidden
(205 posts)
1 hour of cardio (intervals) and 20 minutes core. Coffee time!

Washington DC
Username hidden
(489 posts)
There are a few possible ways to eliminate some aches are to ensure the shoes provide you the correct level of lateral support. I suggest a running shoe shop that can digitally record your stride and then decide the level of support. Running in wrong support shoe can be devastating to your joints and ligaments.

Second, I suggest trail running. The impact on dirt or pea gravel is far better than asphalt and way better than concrete.

Third, if running daily, I suggest you alternate shoes so that they can decompress.

Charleston WV
Username hidden
(35 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   62 to 71 of 543   End
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)