Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Fitness › What's your WOD (workout of the day)
TOPIC: What's_your_WOD_(workout_of_the_day)
« Prev  1 ...  2.1  3.1  4.1  5.1  6.1  7.1  8.1  9.1  10.1  11.1  ... 285  Next »
62 to 71 of 2847
User Details are only visible to members.
Week 8 of GVT Program.... Chest/Pec and Arm day after a two day recovery..... trying a two day recovery after hitting all body parts to see if it makes a difference for results.

Chest (Primary) and Arms ( Secondary)

Chest - Middle, Incline, Decline exercises - Smith Machine for Middle chest, Incline Dumb Bell Bench Press and Decline Bench Press... followed by low and high cable flys

Arms - Chair Tricep dips and EZ bar curls (super set)

Ab work to warm up and Chair Crunches to finish off the routine.....

..............Did take a mid workout break for a special phone call... well worth it! :)

Parsippany NJ
Username hidden
(396 posts)
Day 22 plus arms.

I really felt like a beast on my last set of arm curls. Raaaawwwrgh!

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26029 posts)
long glorious elliptical hill intervals level 8 this morning; shorter treadmill hill intervals level 10 this afternoon.

1 set x 10 reps max weight on each of five iterations for legs

3 sets each: seated row; pull downs; standing oblique cable pulls; back extension

will hit today's allotment of squats pliés bridges and crunches later. gotta get to the grocery store & prep for tomorrow's dinner before i lose the oomph to do it.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(14194 posts)
One hour of bliss! Very sweaty bliss.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6152 posts)
Day 21 of Insanity, with legs.

Weight still holding. I guess post-Thanksgiving that's better than average..

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26029 posts)
true, my mistake.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(14194 posts)
Well he didn't say the trainer told him to use the same weight. Might have been just a brain fart.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6152 posts)
49 fast cruising elliptical minutes, 14 hill interval treadmill level 10 minutes.

3 sets of 10 on 5 iterations for legs. tougher than anticipated because it had been a week but didn't have to drop any weight on any of the machines. squeaked out all the reps.

3 sets of 10 back extension; 2 sets each side standing oblique cable pulls. decided against the third set today.

still have today's allotment of squats pliés bridges and crunches.

re: destroying a shoulder on dumbbells (free weights) at same level as on machines---i hope you never used that trainer again. any trainer, heck, anyone who lifts even half seriously--knows that using the same weight in free weights (dumbbells or barbells) as on a machine, without first testing with a spotter, is dangerous. all weights (machine vs dumbbell vs cables vs barbells vs smith, etc) are NOT created equal, and your trainer *ought* to have started you off with something lighter to demo the movement first, working you up to your free weight max weight, rather than *starting* you at your high machine weight. that kind of irresponsible training should be reported. sorry you got hurt.

and SB: wait for the MRI and doctor's advice.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(14194 posts)
I use cables too for the same reason and still use the bench/dumbbells with lighter weights. I also have a heavy dumbbell routine for arms and chest that I perform for about five minutes no rest and no putting down the weights. It's just pure fun!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6152 posts)
Now I mainly use cables, that way I can go heavy with far less chance of injury.

Hanover MD
Username hidden
(87 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  2.1  3.1  4.1  5.1  6.1  7.1  8.1  9.1  10.1  11.1  ... 285  Next »
62 to 71 of 2847
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.