What's your WOD (workout of the day) : Swingers Discussion 2134081061
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessWhat's your WOD (workout of the day)
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 548   End
User Details are only visible to members.
another hour of cardio.

didn't turn the a/c on till after i was done.

more sweat!

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(1248 posts)
Toomuchfun, nice pace in the 5k. Last night was 6 miles at marathon pace and tonight was full body workout and a 8 mile easy run. Speed work tomorrow.

Charleston WV
Username hidden
(37 posts)
S_couple: The fitness industry is full of "studies", dig a little and you can find exactly the opposite of the link you posted.

The fact is everyone is different, different goals different genetics and different attitudes. One size doesn't fit all.

As I said full body IN MY OPINION based on quite a few years experience is a great beginning or maintenance workout especially if you are not using machines (free weights for the win). As for boosting growth hormone & testo more so than a heavy split - that just doesn't stand the sniff test. There are just too many variables in workouts and individuals to be able to even establish that in a study.

I'm not slamming full body workouts at all its just a question of what your goal is. Mine is strength first and size second. I train heavy and hard and just to make things interesting I run a lot. You don't see many people my size that can do a 5k in 20:50 (last year). I was like 15th in my last run and I was 60lbs heavier than the next biggest guy (and one gal dammit) that finished ahead of me.

Honestly I'm always glad to see people making themselves better and the only thing that matters is that you are successful at meeting whatever goals you have. If your goals change adapt and move on.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(1725 posts)
65 minutes upper body and core (heavy weights - at least for me).

Washington DC
Username hidden
(495 posts)
Today ? Run a 5 k then 1000 meters in pool. I have been doing some sprint triathlons and it is a ton of work but very satisfying. I swim like a rock so that is always something I work on. Usually I do 3-4 days each week of each event and slip in a couple of weight training days as well

Grand Rapids MI
Username hidden
(61 posts)
While I personally enjoy working out, Mrs. VA is one of those who does so out of necessity. She hates exercise, and no amount of regularity seems to make her come to enjoy it.

We do cycling because it's the exercise she hates the least, as she is able to, at times forget she's exercising and just enjoy the outdoors, look at stuff, etc. She would still much rather be riding in a rickshaw doing the same thing, but acknowledges the need for exercise from a biological point of view.

Basically, she likes the results of cycling, not cycling. But she doesn't HATE it, so it's what she does.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18765 posts)
S_Couple: I have to agree with Looking. However for me it is more a function of quality of life. After college I basically focused on work and family and as a result became a typical weekend warrior. Then when hit my forties and did some half-asses attempts at running or fitness and nothing really stuck. Jump to 50 and I see how my immediate family was aging...not well. High weight, BP, and cholesterol. Watched my mom suffer vascular dementia and my dad need a valve replacement. See my older brother balloon and look 10 years older. Decided then that I did not desire that for myself so hit the gym harder. Not perfect by any stretch but feel fitter now then I did in my 40's. Everything I do now is mostly for maintenance since I am not genetically capable of looking big and buff. It certainly helps me enjoy those things I like to do and enjoy them longer.

Washington DC
Username hidden
(495 posts)
Looking,

Maybe, if your hobby is working out. That's not mine. I workout to look good and be healthy. I certainly don't have time nor desire to do it throughout the day if I want to be able to do other things I have to do and I want to do. My hobbies are writing and reading. I can't do any workout when I'm writing. But I can still walk when I'm reading, which is why I'm targeting 10k+ steps everyday.

Schaumburg IL
Username hidden
(343 posts)
I find that i, and most everyone, can find time through out the day to work out. You don't need a gym or video to get in shape. What I mean is that in the course of the day I do max sets of push ups, single leg squats, pull ups (when I pass the bar at home) sit ups....ect. I find that I get hundreds of reps over the course of the day. I still do the gym thing but our bodies can handle more than just a 1 hour workout in a 24 day. ha

Heathcote NY
Username hidden
(2 posts)
Mine is full body workout... It's a testofuel program. As for which one is better, full body vs split:

www fitness-science org/index.php/faqs-and-fables/188-what-is-most-effective-for-muscle-growth-split-training-or-full-body-workout

I don't have much free time like you guys. All I can do is 3 day full body and 10k+ steps (done whenever I have time, even 5-10 min at a time) everyday. The steps are to somewhat control the fat gained for eating more.

Split method requires you to spend more time to get all your muscles trained. And it doesn't give as much boost in your growth hormone and testosterone.

Schaumburg IL
Username hidden
(343 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 548   End
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)