Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Fitness › What's your WOD (workout of the day)
TOPIC: What's_your_WOD_(workout_of_the_day)
« Prev  1 ...  1.1  2.1  3.1  4.1  5.1  6.1  7.1  8.1  9.1  10.1  ... 187  Next »
52 to 61 of 1863
User Details are only visible to members.
We have steel disc brakes with ceramic pads which are crazy ass effective, designed for a touring bike, designed to bring a 320 pound (me and the bike loaded up) to a screeching halt from 30 mph even in the rain. They don't overheat, they don't lose (much) effectiveness when wet. Basically none of the problems of rim caliper brakes. They are more difficult to service but once I got the hang of it they are almost maintenance-free. So our brakes would have worked fine - she should have been riding them all the way down, limiting herself to around 25 mph.

The only drawback is that when they are wet they make a LOUD honking sound.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23719 posts)
That's hauling ass! Sometimes you just have to let it rip AND 46 mph downhill is TEARING it up!!! Brakes SUCK downhill anyway and at that speed forget about it. She's CRAZY! Run for your life or you'll be racing her every chance you get. Awesome FAST cruise on the outer banks too. How can you forget that one.

My GF got a beachcomber late last Fall and is talking about riding more this year. She is a City girl and can barely ride any bike AND if doesn't have foot brakes she doesn't want any part of it. One of her first trips out she crashed into the marsh in the Meadowlands. Needless to say when we go riding we are not breaking any land records. BUT there is NOTHING like a day on your bike at any speed.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(4378 posts)
Bear in mind that I had a strong tailwind managing that 28 mph. The fastest I've ever gone on level ground was racing and I briefly reached 35 mph. But only for a few seconds.

One time coming down a hill the Mrs. reached 46 mph - on a fully loaded touring bike. I was pretty pissed because I had really coached her on how dangerous that was and that she should be riding the brakes the whole way down, as a blowout or accident (especially given that she went through 2 intersections at that speed) would probably have been fatal.

Coolest stretch of road ever - on the outer banks of North Carolina we had such a tailwind that - loaded up - we accomplished 50 miles in just 2:15.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23719 posts)
35 minutes at level 5 on the stairmill and 35 minutes at level 10 on the treadmill.

i did get my cardio on, but wasn't motivated enough to get in to anything else tonight.

back tomorrow night to post the next workout.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(8970 posts)
Getting in the gym is the hardest part. If you don't post it it didn't happen. :-) You are the reining cardio champ nynjcangoforever. VA doesn't count...he's not human.

I'm very good with objections but got nothing for you 888. Lol. Good luck with that. It does look pretty damn cool though.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(4378 posts)
"What kind of objections is the Mrs. giving you on the new Bowflex?"

She says I already have enough. Rotating push up bars, torso track, resistive bike, elliptical, treadmill, pulley base weights home gym, free weights including multiple bars and curling bars, gym balls, body weights....lol

7 miles in @ 16mph with 3.5minutes left as I type

Charles Town WV
Username hidden
(1055 posts)
i wasn't able to hit the gym mon or tues and am currently psyching myself up to go in now. i know that once i hit the cardio, i'll be groovin. it's just getting in there. glad y'all are here for me to be inspired by.

i'm not a speedster for cardio--my walks are 3.5-3.8 mph and i am slow on the cybex a d stair mill too. if i can ever get another elliptical, that's about the only thing i do speed on and then only for short HIIT intervals.

VA, nice new pic of the mrs.

BBL

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(8970 posts)
20 mph does hurt that's no lie. I only give myself an hour total for the gym so everything I do hurts.

Riding on the road is way better especially at these speeds and 28mph is cranking it! I wrecked going somewhere in that neighborhood a few years back going for my land speed record on DiamondBack Crestview. <<<<That's a tiny bike. Of course no helmet or any other protection. That fucking hurt! I now wear protection.

What kind of objections is the Mrs. giving you on the new Bowflex?

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(4378 posts)
My typical riding rate (if I'm alone) is about 15-17 mph. I ride on a touring bike so it's not as fast as a tiny road bike.

On Sunday I had a 4 mile stretch of road which, while level, had such a tailwind that I was holding 24-28 mph the whole way. It was pretty awesome.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23719 posts)
" bike Level 10 20mph"

I quit! 17mph hurts enough at that level. :-P

The Mrs. joined me Monday evening and worked circles around me on the cardio and even put in 1h45m to my 1h.

My workout is the same as last time and the same as tonight, but then I will need to mix it up to keep from plateauing. My bike pedal popped, think it's the bearing worn after 5 years. Trying to talk the boss into letting me order the Bowflex M5 and she ain't budging so far.

Charles Town WV
Username hidden
(1055 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  1.1  2.1  3.1  4.1  5.1  6.1  7.1  8.1  9.1  10.1  ... 187  Next »
52 to 61 of 1863
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)

This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy