Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness What's your WOD (workout of the day)
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   22 to 31 of 985   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I did back yesterday and decided to change up a bit as my back has always been a slow gainer. I live for the ripped backs I've seen on stage so I've decided to incorporate a lot of close grip pulldowns along with the regular lat pulldowns. I am doing cardio at our fitness center here where I live; not feeling like driving to PF today.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3988 posts)
WOD: solid hour of intense cardio to be followed by weights, likely back & legs/glutes at the gym. squats, plies and a stretch will follow when i eventually make it back home. heading out shortly soon as the chai is ready.

think i am on the 4th iteration of the 10,000 squats challenge, running it concurrently with a 10,000 plies challenge. does great things for the gams.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(3255 posts)
WOD: Shoulders, arms and cardio. About to do yoga after this writing. Will do back and abs next workout....maybe the elliptical.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3988 posts)
When I lived NY and SC, I had a home gym. Actually, I had it built in my basement in NY and got a lot of use from it because I was competing at the time. When I moved to SC not so much because I was no longer in contest mode that it became a shrine for my trophies, pics and equipment. It also doubled as a home office. Once I downsized to FL, I sold the equipment and donated it to the church. Where I live they have a small fitness center which would never hold my interest so I went to PF because, frankly, I don't want to be around bodybuilders and get that urge to compete again which always happens when I am around them for too long. That period of my life is over. I now train to keep fit thus I can get the job done at PF and can still hang with the big doggs if I choose to do so which I showed the kid at the front desk. Fifty reps? Yeah, it's cool when your form is fucked up. Do it right and see. I've never been at PF on pizza day so I don't know who eats it. I was leaving one morning when the bagels arrived and I only saw the real seniors indulging. Again, my thing is if you can train, you can train anywhere. The gym is 1/3 of the puzzle. The rest is food and cardio and "rest and recovery."

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3988 posts)
Which is fine for noobies, its a noob gym. The problem is you can't really grow beyond that. In swinging terms its soft swap :P

My wife used to be intimidated too, now she does dead lifts, cleans, squats, snatches etc.

When I started out I was intimidated too, I didn't know what I was doing and no one wants to look stupid. If I would have gone to PF though I'd still not know what I'm doing.

Personally I think anyone that fragile and lacking resolve won't stick with it long term regardless of the gym.

Downers Grove IL
Username hidden
(28 posts)
I've never partaken in any of that stuff.

I see no reason to slam PF. It works for some people. It's adequate when we travel.

The biggest bonus for us is that Mrs. VA hates working out in my garage/gym with the free weights but will go to PF. Something is better than nothing.

You know, re: the whole "intimidation thing"

I was at one in Ocoee, FL maybe a month ago. This rather out of shape woman had been coming in around the same time as us for perhaps 10 days, and looked somewhat uncomfortable. She was doing rather sub-standard ab crunches on a machine (i.e. not coming up nearly far enough). This jerk came up and put his hand out in front of her like "you should be coming up this far" and held it there for a few seconds. She got up and left and I haven't seen her since.

I think a lot of people are not aware of how fragile the resolve of some out of shape people is to go to the gym, and it takes very little to discourage them. This woman was making an effort and felt a little out of place (since most people at this particular PF are actually in pretty good shape) and she would prefer if everyone just left her the hell alone, didn't look at her or tell her she's doing anything wrong. But no. This bozo had to intervene, and that was all it took.

I know some people will mock her lack of resolve. But I am married to a woman who lost over 110 pounds, and getting that ball rolling was SO SO SO difficult. Almost ANYTHING can derail it. The best part about PF is that they make great efforts to accommodate people who are scared to death to walk in the door. If you're all about prepping for a triathalon - or rather, bothering people who aren't - you shouldn't be there.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20543 posts)
Smith machine squats are pretty awful since you are forced to follow the path of the machine. Several years ago PF took out most of the real free weight eq and heavier dumbbells. Its recently not allowed women to show a bare midriff as this may make fat women feel bad.

Personally when I see a guy in better shape then me I get inspired to work harder, but thats not the PF client base. That base wants free pizza.

Downers Grove IL
Username hidden
(28 posts)
In defense of PF, they do have a Smith Machine, at least the one I go to. From some of these posts, it would appear that not all PF are equipped the same. Their leg press machine is Hammer Strength if I am not mistaken and you find those in the hardcore bodybuilding gyms which brings me to this point. PF is a "keep fit" gym not a hardcore. Perhaps some of you should go to Gold's or explore other possibilities. They are building a huge LA Fitness in Melbourne/Palm Bay right next door to Dick's Sporting Goods.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3988 posts)
Since my gym has been packed up (hopefully to be released in early 2015) I have been reduced to leg press at PF and the Smith machine.

Leg press can still give me a sore glutes workout. My ass hurts right now from this morning's.

It's better than nothing. If nothing else, we like our PF membership because we don't bum out on exercise when we travel for work. Not ideal, but at least I'm still going (almost) every day.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20543 posts)
an hour of hard core cardio. squats/plies to follow. maybe yoga but just as likely to fall asleep. :-/

50 mins to go. time to crank some tunes.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(3255 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   22 to 31 of 985   End
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)