Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness What's your WOD (workout of the day)
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 933   End
User Details are only visible to members.
BLT, you know you've got to eat several times a day to keep your levels even, eh? one of my friends years ago always had an emergency piece of fruit and/or juice in her bag for just in case she started to get the shakes. might be a good idea for you too.

headed out now, another hour or so of cardio followed by upper body & abs.

(wearing your/our t shirt. should be interesting.)

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(2900 posts)
I have been really faithful, again, to my workouts and have cleaned up my diet remarkably. Well, yesterday, I started feeling shaky and my heart started racing in the afternoon and when I test my blood sugar it was 70! I had to take some glucose tablets, eat an apple and recover. I think this episode was brought on by doing the cardio (only 1/2 hour) in the morning with not enough food. Now, I am backing to testing three times a day (sad face).

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3649 posts)
Half hour cardio. I hurt my wrist earlier in the week during hammer curls. Now I have my brace on.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3649 posts)
got caught up with phone calls so have been delayed. heading out shortly for an hour plus of cardio, followed by legs & core.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(2900 posts)
SVC: Your last paragraph is spot on. However, do we stick to that NO! It comes with the territory to push beyond. That's what we do....LOL...I can finally almost sit down without supporting myself on the toilet! I pushed my quads and hams with the deadlifts. However, I feel marvelous dear.....LOL...Stay well.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3649 posts)
BLT - 4 x 45 = 180 lb. Not sure how to count any other resistance on a machine. I only know barbell squats (which are very weak for me, the most I'm doing right now is 115 lb back squats).

Friday = exactly 5 months since my back surgery. So 6 months from when I stopped all workouts. Restarted just walking for 6 weeks, added jogging/rowing and non-jerking weights/bodyweight movements 3.5 months ago. Free to do jerking movements and jumping started 2 months ago. This week I am back to doing everything, just not as heavy, as fast or as many reps as last year. But it's coming back. Hopefully ready in time for the Crossfit Open that starts at the end of February (and the 1/2 Marathon I'm jogging in January).

The key is not pushing too hard too soon. Leaving my ego at the door and be willing to scale appropriately. My weakness is mentally not pushing hard enough (fear when it comes to the squat movements right now). I think our next gym competition (mid Dec) will help me get over that hurdle.

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(973 posts)
Yes, we had surgery close to each other. I bow down to her!

Irving TX
Username hidden
(285 posts)
@DD: That from a woman who, if I recall correctly, had surgery, injury or both. SouthVegas is like our resident G.I. Jane! I on the other hand can barely moving after my leg workout yesterday. The leg press got me! I pressed approx. 225 lbs., correct me if I am wrong SouthVegas, 4 45 lb. plates, and however you calculate the machine. That was my first leg workout in months so I took it easy. I usually put up 6 45 lb. plates.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3649 posts)
You are crazy Ms Vegas but you are also awesome!

Irving TX
Username hidden
(285 posts)
Saturday: GoRuck Light (4 hour program). Carried a rucksack with my water and two 4lb bricks. Started with team building warmup calisthenics (jog, pushups, bear crawls that we had to finish together, supporting the slowest person). Then started the ruck. I carried the American flag the entire time (others rotated being or carrying the casualties). Half a mile away we did a 45 min scavenger hunt around Fremont Street (taking pictures to prove our finds). Then a bunny hop up a stair case (10 laps). Restarted our ruck down Las Vegas Blvd (about a mile and a half) with the casualties. Towards the end I was carrying another ruck (20 lbs) on my front side. After the team picture in front of the downtown LV sign we headed back towards Fremont with those behind the flag doing an indian run with a couple sandbags (so happy to be carrying the flag pole). At the end a belly crawl under a tunnel of our team members to collect our patch. Covered 6 1/2 miles that night.

Sunday: Crossfit (bear complex & farmers carries)/Bootcamp (laps of burpees, bear crawl, lunges, sandbag carry) for 75 min total workout time.

Today: Back squats for strength. And about to do "POS" (5 rounds: 30 double unders, 15 kettle bell swings, 10 burpees). Tomorrow will be rest day :)

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(973 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 933   End
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)