Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness What's your WOD (workout of the day)
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 976   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Since my gym has been packed up (hopefully to be released in early 2015) I have been reduced to leg press at PF and the Smith machine.

Leg press can still give me a sore glutes workout. My ass hurts right now from this morning's.

It's better than nothing. If nothing else, we like our PF membership because we don't bum out on exercise when we travel for work. Not ideal, but at least I'm still going (almost) every day.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20509 posts)
an hour of hard core cardio. squats/plies to follow. maybe yoga but just as likely to fall asleep. :-/

50 mins to go. time to crank some tunes.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(3213 posts)
I'd say do squats but PF of course doesn't have one of those power-rack things that make people feel uncomfortable :P

Tomorrow is another 5*5 day, so I've got 25 heavy squats to start.

Downers Grove IL
Username hidden
(25 posts)
I had a leg workout date with one of the guys who works the front desk at the gym (PF). His gf is an aspiring figure competitor. Never met her; just seen a pic. Anyway, he wanted to do legs with me. Whenever I train with someone for the first time, I do their workout out of courtesy to them. He wanted to start with the leg press machine. Personally, I don't start with that but ok. He says 50 reps (I have never done 50 reps in my entire life and that's even with the IFBB pros I've trained with. Anyway, we put a 45 lb. plate on and I tell him you start. I wanted to see his form, which was poor. So I get in and to my shock, I do the fifty; next set we load another plate. This time I correct his form (foot placement) and tell him to slow it down and tense the quad in a fluid motion. He struggles but gets through. I do my set, maybe 30; he goes next, now we have three plates on; with the proper foot placement and slowed down tempo, along with my "spot" he gets maybe 25/30 which isn't bad. I explain to him, it's not the amount of reps but the quality. He suggested walking lunges and I say let's try setting up the step up things whatever you call them and I start with dumbells in hand, he does those as I superset it with plie squats he does the same. In the end, he admitted that what I showed him enhanced his workout and his legs already felt challenged. We did a superset of leg extensions and seated leg curls. I rarely work my calves anymore. Suggested he finish up with the inner/outer leg movements and not work his legs again until Sat. The problem with these guys is they overwork their legs and see little to no progress. I had a good workout and a good time with him.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3971 posts)
I heard the owner of my gym owns ALL of the PF gyms in south Florida. He closed the gym at 1:00 pm on Sat so the staff could attend a party he was throwing in WPB on a yacht.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3971 posts)
LOL anti-gym. I bet they have 2% attendance. Go after all the people who won't actually come to the gym and wear out your stuff. Brilliant is what they are.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2816 posts)
@Happy: If you can train, you can train anywhere or should be able to. I've trained in Barbados where they have weights made out of blocks of stone like in the Flintstone era and the bodies that have come out of that setting has gone on to become world-class bodybuilders.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3971 posts)
Planet Fitness, sort of the the anti-gym.

Downers Grove IL
Username hidden
(25 posts)
Chest, tri's and abs. No cardio as I've agreed to do legs tomorrow with one of the guys who works at Planet Fitness.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3971 posts)
Today is an off day, so abs.

Downers Grove IL
Username hidden
(25 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 976   End
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)