Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Fitness › What's your WOD (workout of the day)
TOPIC: What's_your_WOD_(workout_of_the_day)
« Prev  1 ...  10.5  11.5  12.5  13.5  14.5  15.5  16.5  17.5  18.5  19.5  ... 287  Next »
146 to 155 of 2868
User Details are only visible to members.
I see your quest alright "plus: the family that works out together stays healthy together!" ..

Word :-)

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6187 posts)
@ BLM: i am on a real fitness quest to achieve certain goals so....doin what i can to keep momentum goin. plus: the family that works out together stays healthy together!

hit 45 minutes on a LifeFitness elliptical (eww!!) but it was sweaty enough and variety from treadmill.

hittin the weights now. leg presses and extensions and curls plus back extensions. will add some upper body to that just tryin to figure out what.

the squats pliés bridges and crunches will be for tonight with tv viewing.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(14243 posts)
You are a trooper! I always say that I can't wait to use the gym at whatever vacation spot I'm at.... BUT never do. Enjoy!!

DOR ..and feeling like I nailed it this week... and can'take wait for tomorrow. :-)

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6187 posts)
yesterday was a medium cardio stretch of hill intervals @ level 18 on the treadmill followed by one set of max weight reps on 3 of 5 leg iterations, plus back extensions. very nicely outfitted fitness center for a vacation spot. plus the day's allotment of squats & pliés.

will be hitting the fitness center again in a while.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(14243 posts)
"About to get my nerve back up."

NICE!!!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6187 posts)
I certainly will. I worked out religiously before my surgery but have been kinda afraid since then. About to get my nerve back up. 8^)

~lady~

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(3017 posts)
Any time. Keep me posted! ;)

Parsippany NJ
Username hidden
(422 posts)
Thanks so much for the tips.

~lady~

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(3017 posts)
Lady, I assume you are looking for definition and not mass. I would suggest any arm exercises that isolate the movement so that you are not using other muscles (ie chest or shoulders). For biceps, seated preacher curls would be a good one. I do them with my feet together and planted on the cross bar (if there is one). Keep your entire body locked and only let the bicep muscles do the work. For Triceps I would suggest cable triceps extensions using a bench. Again the same principle of keeping your body locked and only let the triceps work. You can place the bench in a seated position facing away from the cable pulley which should be in a high enough position to just work the triceps. (remember to keep you back flat against the bench, lock the body. The movement should be to raise the cable above your head and keep the elbows as close together as you can.

If this is confusing let me know and I can get you some better descriptions/web sites of what I'm talking about. Also, check with your Doctor to make sure what you are doing is ok with him/her post the reconstruction. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Parsippany NJ
Username hidden
(422 posts)
HARD body here !!! ladies come a running !!!! lol But my waist is 31 inches...age damn it lol It is so hard to find an in shape anyone at 50 man or women. I like the heavy weights for sets of eight with the third set to failure. Seems to give me the body strength that i like and need for free diving.

Sounds like a very nice home gym. Mrs loves the classes at a commercial gym so thats where we both workout.

I noticed that most people around 60 or older seem to talk about their medical problems all the time as if thats the number one conversation issue...its going to be hell getting old, we wont have anything to talk about.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(2511 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  10.5  11.5  12.5  13.5  14.5  15.5  16.5  17.5  18.5  19.5  ... 287  Next »
146 to 155 of 2868
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.