What's your WOD (workout of the day) : Swingers Discussion 21340810146
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessWhat's your WOD (workout of the day)
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)
GoTo Page: Less ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... More 
Start   146 to 155 of 543   End
User Details are only visible to members.
S_Couple: VABeach is 100% right. I was being facetious and definitely believe in the "listen to your body" method of training. Muscular soreness is one thing. But joint or severe pain is not a good thing.

Washington DC
Username hidden
(489 posts)
As someone who has been through this many times, here's my advice. Some may disagree....

Overdoing it your first few workouts is the worst thing you can do. It will discourage you from coming back and doing it again. There is a big difference between "feeling it" the next day vs "in pain" the next day. Being in pain the next day will make getting through your next workout very difficult and discouraging.

Go easy your first workout. If you're not "feeling it" the next day, go a little harder the next time. Keep escalating until you're "feeling it" the day after. You'll go up very fast at the beginning.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18758 posts)
S_Couple: keep in mind the old USMC nugget - "Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body" or like I tell my son, "That which doesn't kill you will hurt like hell!".

All kidding aside, your body will surprise you with it's ability to adapt. Once you start seeing benefits it all will be worth it. Best of luck and enjoy.

Washington DC
Username hidden
(489 posts)
Tomorrow I'm gonna start the heavy lifting program as per testofuel workout guide...

Squat, bench press, dead lifts, bent over rows, shoulder press, bicep curls, tricep ext, and plank hold. All within 30 minutes.

I think I'm gonna die tomorrow LOL

Schaumburg IL
Username hidden
(343 posts)
SVC: Excellent! Slow and steady. No rushing and it'll all come back. The waiting is probably the hardest part.

Washington DC
Username hidden
(489 posts)
I did a five mile trail run today. Back of my knee hurting for some reason, I guess I pulled a hamstring a little, wtf.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(1706 posts)
8 days after back surgery: 2 mile walk in 40 min. 1 week down, 11 weeks to go before I can start strength training and jogging again. Going to be a long 3 months.....

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(952 posts)
Feeling lazy just doing a 5-miler...

Washington DC
Username hidden
(489 posts)
10.5 mile easy run, no work out in the run other than surviving the heat and sucking down fluids.

Charleston WV
Username hidden
(35 posts)
Any activity is good activity...IMHO.

Washington DC
Username hidden
(489 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... More 
Start   146 to 155 of 543   End
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)