What's your WOD (workout of the day) : Swingers Discussion 21340810145
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessWhat's your WOD (workout of the day)
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)
GoTo Page: Less ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... More 
Start   145 to 154 of 553   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Yikes! I remember reading about that blood thing. I'm that universal donor so I'm always getting calls about donating since I'm O-Neg.

Guess I'm lucky in that while it's hard getting large, fat is something I'm able to lose if I work at it. Largest reason I stopped running so much when people started noticing I was really thinning out. Stopped that and focused on weights and quickly added 10 pounds and it stopped there.

Washington DC
Username hidden
(512 posts)
I'm lucky in that I've always been strong no matter what I do. I come from Anabaptist (i.e. Amish/Mennonite) breedstock (yeah, I know) which have some genetic issues due to their relative isolation but nevertheless tend to be strong and healthy. One oddity (of which I am a recipient) is that some rather uncommon blood types occur in this genetic lineage - I have documentation somewhere which can be used to explain it to a doctor/hospital should the need arise - I am basically a shitty candidate for blood transfusions, either donating or receiving. Something like one out of 30,000 people is outside of the standard A/B/O system and my family is part of that.

Anyway - I've always built muscle fast when I worked at it, although I have trouble bringing my body fat down, no matter how hard I try.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18782 posts)
Sadly true about genetics. I am not ever going to be large but that doesn't mean I can't look good. TMF looks like a Mesomorph hence his build. I tend more towards Ectomorph so I'll never pack mass.

Washington DC
Username hidden
(512 posts)
Bodybuilding. com is a good resource though you really don't need many supplements starting out so don't fall for that trap.

The type of workout you are describing will give you some early strength gains and toning but it won't build size.

Get a gym membership and watch the bigger guys work out. The common thread will be heavy weights, lower reps and a split. Ie. Back and Bi's one day, Chest & tris, the next legs the third day then a rest day. That is just an example and there are loots of beginner weight training workouts on BB. com focused on size.

There is a reason why runners look like runners, power lifters look like power lifters and couch potatoes look like slobs. A lot of that is how you train and also your genetics. If you are skinny runner type you probably can't expect to look like Lee Haney in a couple years. Good luck and have fun.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(1739 posts)
Make sure it's quality calories (which I'm sure it is if you're following a program). Protein probably the most important. Also recommend Casein based protein before bed. Whey protein all other times. Good site for research is bodybuilder dot com IMHO.

Washington DC
Username hidden
(512 posts)
Get bigger, not necessarily stronger. I'm not trying to break my own weight lifting record or increase my limit.

I'm adding 500 calories to my diet every day for the first month. 250 calories for the second and third month. Then losing 250 calories thereafter to burn away the fat I collect in the first 3 months. That's what the program tells me to do.

The first month is mostly hitting all core muscles during the workout days. The second and third have a lot of isolation workout. The fourth... I don't remember... LOL... But it's for reducing body fat %.

Schaumburg IL
Username hidden
(343 posts)
Sounds like a calorie burning workout? Are you trying to loose weight or get stronger?

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(1739 posts)
I'm still aliveeeee!!!!

It wasn't too bad. Just a little burning on the biceps and triceps, but nothing much everywhere else. I will have to increase the weight for the bench press and the squat next time. I've been doing plenty of push-ups and pull ups before today after all, so my body is used to working out.

My breathing was another matter though. I was gasping hard halfway through it. But I still completed the whole thing in 30 min. Most are 8 reps x 3, except the biceps and triceps. Those are 12 reps x 2 with only 30 sec rest in between.

Schaumburg IL
Username hidden
(343 posts)
Excellent idea. I agree completely.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18782 posts)
S_Couple: might be helpful for you to grab a small notebook or even download an app to help track your reps and sets. It will help you see your improvements over time and let's you log how you feel during your workouts. If you have access to Excel you could even generate your own. It's helpful looking back and seeing actual improvement.

Washington DC
Username hidden
(512 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... More 
Start   145 to 154 of 553   End
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)