Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness What's your WOD (workout of the day)
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)
GoTo Page: Less ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... More 
Start   140 to 149 of 981   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Please say it ain't so! Lol

Foley AL
Username hidden
(19 posts)
Lipo or coolsculpting. No way to loose fat in one specific spot otherwise

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2816 posts)
Legs with trainer. I'm so sore I walk stiff!! I also just started extra ab workouts at home. Any suggestions on how to jump start a blast off of some extra weight around the belly area? I do Zumba once- twice week, train with weight three days week, abs at home with walking. Weekends bike or hike. Thanks!!

Foley AL
Username hidden
(19 posts)
Saturday: 3 x 1 mile jogs out to the park and back to the office (11a, 1p, and 3p).

Sunday: rest

Monday: unplanned rest

Tuesday: Ab roller 3 x 8; 12 rounds for time of 5 hang power cleans (65 lb - went lighter than prescribed to go unbroken and save my back) + 5 Toes-2-bar. 11 min 23 sec.

Wednesday: Bootcamp - lots of bear crawls and planks and a few crab walks over an hour.

Thursday: Snatch balance work with 65 lb, then for time 1000m row, 50 power snatch 55 lb, 30 burpees. 12:50.

Friday: hmmm, not sure yet. Maybe crossfit, maybe a jog, maybe rest day.

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(977 posts)
I taught fitness classes for years as well, and I know exactly what you mean; it was such a charge of energy to be with all those happy people.

Good luck, Mr va with all that moving and driving. It is so excoting.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5306 posts)
i work out becausd i love it. i taught (both group classes and personal training) for over 20 years, nights/weekends and loved it. something about the energy when that many bodies move in synch to good tunes, and the feedback, was just so awesome.

i ran when i was in my early 20's. i haven't run since--i hate it. i ruined an ankle and to this day i still remember going down, hard, on the ground. so i won't even try to make myself like it or succeed at it anymore. i keep to indoor sports. (heh.)

am also getting in to yoga more, lifting less. the balance and flexibility are important and inherent in yoga, so i get it a bonus/combo effect.

i think of the body as the most miraculous piece of engineering -- and the temple that houses each of our unique beings. too many of us don't take enough care of 'em.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(3229 posts)
My workout this morning was arm day.

My workout this evening will be "loading the contents of our house into a container".

My workout tomorrow will be "drive to Columbia, SC".

Saturday's workout will be "drive to Lake City, FL". Drop off bicycles and cat. Meow.

Sunday's will be "drive to Orlando, FL".

We will see about getting a Planet Fitness membership or something while in Orlando, to keep us going while we are there.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20532 posts)
Yd, Thanks for the compliment.I have similar reasons for wanting to take care of myself. I come from a scary gene pool. I have always gone to the gym and cycled, but I am so entranced with my yoga practice, that I have stopped lifting altogether. Part of the change is due to the fact that I love all aspects of yoga: mental, physical and spiritual. For someone my age, I feel as though it gives my exactly the kind of tone I want. I don't like the way I look anymore with too much muscle and sinew. I also love what the yoga is doing for my ass. I am doing intense vinyasa sessions which involve lots of what are essentially dead lifts and lunges. I am very flexible and strong, so yoga is such a natural fit.

I run because I SUCK, SUCK, SUCK at it! I can cycle 30 miles with little or no training, dance like a maniac for 4 hours or do any boot camp class with the twenty-somethings. I cannot run. I know it is mental, but it has been this way my entire life. It takes me months to build up to 2 miles. I am achingly slow. It is actually comical, but I just keep plodding on hoping that one day I will wake up a runner. I know during the 5K, I will be passed by the following: women pushing strollers, men running with their pre-schoolers, great-grandmoms, barefooted drunk doods and stray dogs. Thank heavens for good music and a sense of humor.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5306 posts)
Yondude I truely love to see people transform themselves at any age. It is a rare and wondrous thing to witness. You get to finally see someones true personality and watch them experience life the way it should be. Keep it up brother and if you are ever in the area come hit the gym with me.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2816 posts)
Peghey - from what I see you look great. My experiences taking care of ailing parents (who did not do a single thing to take care of themselves) and watching my older brother (by 18 months) balloon over 300 lbs was what I needed to get my ass into gear. I do not want my kids going through what I went through if I can help it. And I started late (51) so it's possible to change ones life at anytime. If I can do this...trust me...anyone can.

Username hidden
(833 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... More 
Start   140 to 149 of 981   End
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)