Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Fitness › What's your WOD (workout of the day)
TOPIC: What's_your_WOD_(workout_of_the_day)
« Prev  1 ...  6.5  7.5  8.5  9.5  10.5  11.5  12.5  13.5  14.5  15.5  ... 340  Next »
106 to 115 of 3394
User Details are only visible to members.
6 sets of 10 reps each on the pyramids darlin.

tomorrow will be doing back...with "placeholder" leg sets.

getting in to yoga means i really need to watch my shoulder--old injury. :-/

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(15930 posts)
I recently have been dabbling in yoga as part of my biking club spin class (which offers an hour of yoga after our one hour of spin)... and yes that will kick your ass for sure!!! Took me a couple of sessions to get used to it, but it does help stretch and use muscles in totally different ways.

nj, give that pyramid scheme some time to kick in.... it works wonders. Also, the rep counts are important along with the upping and dropping the amount of weight. And it can be used for other body parts besides the legs, but wouldn't recommend it on the same day (as legs). Your progress is noticeable :)

OT- Cardio bike ride only as the shoulder injury continues to hinder the resistance training the last couple of day. After seeing my SSGP's workout , total motivation..... I may just have to suck up the pain and get back to the gym!!!

Parsippany NJ
Username hidden
(929 posts)
2Tryin - Agreed. When you focus on technique and form, it spanks you hard.

Vestal NY
Username hidden
(144 posts)
Good luck! I have done it all, and at least for me, yoga was by far the biggest ass kicker. It looks all girly and soft, but if done correctly.....wow.

Augusta GA
Username hidden
(375 posts)
it was a quick thought. i may add yoga at home instead. not cardio but definitely a new twist (heh) to challenge in a different way.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(15930 posts)
Yeah sorry. I think it would be pretty rough on downstairs neighbors. It's enough jumping that my feet are often quite sore from the impacts.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27626 posts)
rats. i could do it...but nit at home, which sorta defeats the purpose of finding something new/different to do at home. :-/

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(15930 posts)
five hours of stalking fish in a small creek and reeling them in. all carp but who cares, its just like fishing for brook trout in a high mountain stream.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(4763 posts)
Yes, NJ it does. Insanity is a lot of jumping moves, so much so that some find it hard on the knees to the point where they have to stop.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27626 posts)
@ tiffanysnow: that's a workout for sure!!!!

@ VA: does insanity cardio involve running/jumping, things that are gonna cause my downstairs neighbors annoyance? i'm investigating ways to shake up my routine in the next couple months....

OnT:

2 gruüvy cardio sessions (over an hour)

pyramid supersets ~ legs ~ 6 sets each exercise "pyramid"ing the weight on each of 5 exercises (ex: 150, 165, 180, 180, 165, 150 lbs) with rest of about 45-60 seconds only between sets 3 and 4. (the highest weight).

then 3 sets each:

deadlift/bent over row

supine bench press

supine bench press w/rotation

supine overhead pullovers

today's allotment of squats pliés and bridges

500 crunches

and a stretch.

missed my ssgp today <3

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(15930 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  6.5  7.5  8.5  9.5  10.5  11.5  12.5  13.5  14.5  15.5  ... 340  Next »
106 to 115 of 3394
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.