What's your WOD (workout of the day) : Swingers Discussion 2134081051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessWhat's your WOD (workout of the day)
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 886   End
User Details are only visible to members.
My workout this morning was arm day.

My workout this evening will be "loading the contents of our house into a container".

My workout tomorrow will be "drive to Columbia, SC".

Saturday's workout will be "drive to Lake City, FL". Drop off bicycles and cat. Meow.

Sunday's will be "drive to Orlando, FL".

We will see about getting a Planet Fitness membership or something while in Orlando, to keep us going while we are there.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19938 posts)
Yd, Thanks for the compliment.I have similar reasons for wanting to take care of myself. I come from a scary gene pool. I have always gone to the gym and cycled, but I am so entranced with my yoga practice, that I have stopped lifting altogether. Part of the change is due to the fact that I love all aspects of yoga: mental, physical and spiritual. For someone my age, I feel as though it gives my exactly the kind of tone I want. I don't like the way I look anymore with too much muscle and sinew. I also love what the yoga is doing for my ass. I am doing intense vinyasa sessions which involve lots of what are essentially dead lifts and lunges. I am very flexible and strong, so yoga is such a natural fit.

I run because I SUCK, SUCK, SUCK at it! I can cycle 30 miles with little or no training, dance like a maniac for 4 hours or do any boot camp class with the twenty-somethings. I cannot run. I know it is mental, but it has been this way my entire life. It takes me months to build up to 2 miles. I am achingly slow. It is actually comical, but I just keep plodding on hoping that one day I will wake up a runner. I know during the 5K, I will be passed by the following: women pushing strollers, men running with their pre-schoolers, great-grandmoms, barefooted drunk doods and stray dogs. Thank heavens for good music and a sense of humor.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5306 posts)
Yondude I truely love to see people transform themselves at any age. It is a rare and wondrous thing to witness. You get to finally see someones true personality and watch them experience life the way it should be. Keep it up brother and if you are ever in the area come hit the gym with me.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2685 posts)
Peghey - from what I see you look great. My experiences taking care of ailing parents (who did not do a single thing to take care of themselves) and watching my older brother (by 18 months) balloon over 300 lbs was what I needed to get my ass into gear. I do not want my kids going through what I went through if I can help it. And I started late (51) so it's possible to change ones life at anytime. If I can do this...trust me...anyone can.

Washington DC
Username hidden
(834 posts)
You are an inspiration, Yondude. I am back in the workout swing. Run, yoga and extra abs.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5306 posts)
Weights for about an hour and HIIT either at the track or on a dreadmill. It's somewhat surprising how effective that is in improving my overall running during regular runs and how many calories that burns through. I've finally dropped below 185 and it's been years since I've been at that number.

Washington DC
Username hidden
(834 posts)
I'm doing a new leg workout for the next few months to shake it up a bit. High reps so I did 4 sets of 20's @ 365lbs with 1 minute between sets. My legs are still shaking. After that leg press and some hams.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2685 posts)
on a train but won't get home till 8. figure if i eke out 40 or more of cardio, the rest (yoga, etc) will be gravy. will have to hit the cardio immediately--the stoopit cold is re-intensifying.

good for you on the post workout spa!

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(2513 posts)
Reading through some posts... Congrats to peghey, we all start somewhere. I started about a year and a half ago with a program called couch to 5k. I suggest that to anyone starting out.

My WOD today was 8 miles. I'm preparing for my first full marathon in the outer banks NC in November.

Burke VA
Username hidden
(97 posts)
Weights for upper body with trainer. Then I treated myself to the spa...ahhh

Newnan GA
Username hidden
(17 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 886   End
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)