Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Fitness › What's your WOD (workout of the day)
TOPIC: What's_your_WOD_(workout_of_the_day)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 286  Next »
51 to 60 of 2853
User Details are only visible to members.
Road.

We especially love our bike tours. This year was skipped, though. We got to meet TrooperandPirategirl last year when our Bourbon Trail adventure took us through Louisville.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26034 posts)
Va, do you do Road or mountain biking?

Parsippany NJ
Username hidden
(402 posts)
When I say "program" I mean whatever it is that you are doing. doesn't have to be prescribed planned or organized.

I love my bike. I need back on....

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26034 posts)
"I've stopped all cardio with this GVT program" I would definitely have a hard time with that program.

I also do my weights first and keep the heartbeat high through out and then jump onto a bike. I like having more energy for weights.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6159 posts)
Agree with both of you, no such thing as a so so program. I always change the workout routine and never do the same one. The body / muscles will adapt so you have to keep mixing it up a date keep it fresh.

I've stopped all cardio with this GVT program in the hope that I would gain some muscle and weight. I seem to be going in the wrong direction and I am actually loosing a few pounds.

My training partner recently told me I'm not eating enough, so I m going to kick up the calories and see. Hope to see better results....

Parsippany NJ
Username hidden
(402 posts)
"so-so program " I know I'm probably being anal on definitions here but I haven't had an organized program in years and I think the last one was the Insanity program for me when it first came out. I have had some very rigorous training in my past that has allowed me to learn a lot about how my body works. I have just made sure I go to the gym, ride bikes, play sports, other outdoor activities and stay pretty fit. No real pressure just fun. It continues to be just that..fun! I do enjoy watching others develop and stick to a program..it's like watching sports for me. Sooo go kick some ass!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6159 posts)
I guess I will stress that (and I'm sure both of you know this very well) that the real key is finding something you can stick with. A so-so program that you will stick to is superior to a great program that you don't. You can only willpower your way through so much... sooner or later, if you don't enjoy it, you'll begin to slack off and then give up.

Insanity is the only cardio program (besides spending all day on a bicycle) I've ever found that I didn't despise. I actually like it. But it's **hell** on your knees at first - after a couple of weeks and lots of ibuprofen they get better. When I say hell on your knees I mean waking-up-in-the-night in pain hell on your knees. But it does resolve for me after a while.

I have to do cardio first weights second. If I do it the other way I'm out of energy when it comes to the cardio. I take my pre-workout immediately before I begin Insanity so that I'm peaking right around the transition into weights. Helps me tough it out mentally.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26034 posts)
I'm doing Insanity (45-60 minutes a day of intense cardio) followed by more or less the same weight routine (~ 1 hour) I've been doing on and off for 20 years. Most days I'm attempting to restrict my calories to 2,200 or so, although in practice I think it's an average of more like 2,800.

My calorie baseline is 2,800 so working out for 2 hours on top of that puts my daily burn at around 3,500-3,800. So I should be in the 5000-7000 cal a week deficit i.e. 1.5-2 pounds per week of fat loss. But I am noticeably gaining muscle at the same time, hence my weight is barely moving - I'm more or less swapping out fat for muscle, which is what we're all trying to do, isn't it? :)

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26034 posts)
Any time you can get through a Holiday down a notch, or just event, is a WIN. That Insanity Routine must be the answer?

Parsippany NJ
Username hidden
(402 posts)
" I just don't champion-eat like I used to"

Exactly the right thing to do in my opinion and that Insanity will do the rest. Guaranteed! Good luck with the Mrs. always fun having a partner for that craziness.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6159 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 286  Next »
51 to 60 of 2853
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.