Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Fitness › What's your WOD (workout of the day)
TOPIC: What's_your_WOD_(workout_of_the_day)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 288  Next »
21 to 30 of 2876
User Details are only visible to members.
It ends at 30 days in a row.

Had to get up at **2:45** to put Mrs. VA on a plane. Figured I'd get home around 4:30 and get my workouts done by 6:30... work till 11 and nap a couple of hours... nope.. phone call from a lawyer at 4:20 (AM!) with their emergency.

This emergency dogged me all day - from 4:30 to 3:30 pm. No time for a workout, nap or even decent food. Finally I think it's done. I drag my exhausted ass out to the garage. 10 minutes into my workout, lawyer calls one more time. Back to my computer. That was enough to break what was left of my resolve.

No biggie though. Early dinner, early to bed. Sleep 10 hours and I'll kill it tomorrow morning.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26054 posts)
* Ab Workout" ... sort of... One Cowboy Steak and Pinot Noir - nice dinner with some nice people and A Very Special Someone!

;)

Did manage to get in the 2,000 rep 20 core exercises (another note to self, will not do these after Cowboy Steak dinner in the future...LOL)

Parsippany NJ
Username hidden
(429 posts)
mmmkay so i got home a lot later than i thought (that's a really good thing) which meant i had to keep it short (again) today.

40 minutes speedy intervals on the elliptical followed by day 110 of the 110 day 10,000 squats challenge: 200 reps all in one go.

that's all she wrote.

tomorrow--back to the gym!

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(14256 posts)
GMTA!!

Parsippany NJ
Username hidden
(429 posts)
Chez - I have been taking glutamine for a while, it really helps with keeping illness away in the winter, and have recently started trying beta alanine. Thanks!

Hanover MD
Username hidden
(90 posts)
SC, i have found Glutamine and Beta Alanine are two good natural supplements to help with recovery.

Parsippany NJ
Username hidden
(429 posts)
Yes, the only thing I have definitely noticed with age is recovery and soreness. Once I use to lift all day, party all night, and laugh it off the next day, not any more. Now, after a heavy workout session the following day I am much weaker, and significant soreness sets in two days later. I have learned to mitigate this with good supplements and additional sleep and protein. Age has not noticeably affected my strength and size gains. I was repeatedly warned at how my strength would fade with age. Well. as of now (60) it hasn't happen, neither has the sex drive and sexual performance.

Hanover MD
Username hidden
(90 posts)
KJ,

Good for you.... "the only bad work out is the one that didn't happen".

Rock that gym Girl!

Parsippany NJ
Username hidden
(429 posts)
WOD - TRX

Since Zumba was canceled (5 weeks ago) I broke down and joined a gym. I could only go so long without working out.

Clemmons NC
Username hidden
(4133 posts)
LOL re: recovery time

Yep. Sometimes the youngin's are surprised by what I can do, but make no mistake - when it comes to recovery and warmups, age is completely unforgiving. When I was 19 I could just go out on the ball field on Day 1 - throw 6 innings - be sore for a couple of days - and that's it. I'm broken in for the season. Not anymore. Now I need weeks of prep and a zillion warmup throws before I can pitch. I can still throw 9 innings, but I then need 4 days rest before I can throw again, and I *cannot* do weights *at all* the following day.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26054 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 288  Next »
21 to 30 of 2876
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.