What's your WOD (workout of the day) : Swingers Discussion 2134081021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessWhat's your WOD (workout of the day)
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 877   End
User Details are only visible to members.
As always, ms. SVC always gives the best advice. Beautiful and brilliant too!

Irving TX
Username hidden
(261 posts)
I'm respectfully disagreeing with almost all of your statement, toomuch. I'm happy to discuss further if you like although I cannot now.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19798 posts)
Yesterday's torture (cause I hate wall balls).

5 x 1 deadlift (suppose to be 80% 1RM but since I'm still recovering from back surgery I don't know my current 1RM and just worked up to heavy but doable = 185 lb at this point).

3 rds for time: 400m run (with the 14 lb wall ball), 21 wall balls (to 9' target for the first time since my back surgery), 12 wall ball sit ups (harder on arms than abs). 17:20

Today my glutes are tired.

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(967 posts)
Best way to lose belly fat? Have the genetics that drop the stored fat from your midsection before it takes it away from other areas of your body. Avoid excess junk calories in your diet. Balanced clean eating (not Atkins, not Keto) with more calories than your resting metabolism but less than you are burning (to avoid starvation & loss of muscle). Avoid added sugars and alcohol (both support internal organ fat layers and fatty liver). Mixed exercise for muscle building and cardio-endurance. True results can take time, focus on healthy intake and regular activity/exercise goals and the body composition will happen.

mrs svc (registered dietitian & crossfit level 1 cert).

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(967 posts)
I agree with Peg. Slow changes are what works for me.

I have read that the best diet for you is one which you design. Who knows you better than you?

I'm using MyFitnessPal (an ap) and trying to cut 250 calories per day which means that if I don't have any activity, I can eat 1400 calories per day and if I do, the sky is the limit. I can add as much as 2,000 if I exercise.

I'm happy. I can eat what I like, but it has educated me and guided my choices. I'm losing slowly - about 10 lbs. in 3 months, but I can have my cake and eat it too!

Irving TX
Username hidden
(261 posts)
I am not really disagreeing with you peg. That may be the best but people seldom do things the BEST way. Loosing weight and getting fit is more psychological than the mechanics of just doing it. What works for person A will fail miserably for person B.

If people always did what was best we would all be lean, fit and debt free.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2626 posts)
A diet, by traditional definition, are the foods we eat. The idea of a reducing diet, which then became more commonly used as the shortened "diet" is a newer definition. I have to disagree with your opinion on this one; I think the worst thing for most people is to constantly get on the scale or measure and then equate success or failure with a number. Note that I am saying most. When someone chooses to become healthier for the rest of their life, to eat a balanced diet which is not based on restriction or taking the body out of normal metabolic function and lets weight loss happen over a longer period of time, the weight loss has a better chance of becoming permanent.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5295 posts)
A "diet" by definition is temporary and the 800kcal mentioned is at best a guess. Too many variables and differences in individuals to nail down a specific number like that. Essentially that is correct atkins and keto work because u can fill your belly and not soak up all the calories. You can only digest so much protein and fat and your body cannot (for most part) turn fat into fat. Doing either diet for long term is a bad idea nutritiously speaking. Also you will feel like crap the first couple weeks while your body changes gears to use fat for energy. You will also know when that happens because you will have horrid breath.

Again some can go the slow route but nothing beats seeing a weekly change on the scale or tape. My whole point is there are always something to try and don't give up.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2626 posts)
A true ketogenic diet is 65% fat 30% protein 5% carb (by calories). Your body can only eat about 800 calories worth of protein a day - at most. The rest needs to come from fat.

If you attempt to do low carb AND low fat, you will starve. Seriously. This is known as rabbit starvation and is very dangerous. American Indians knew about this. If you are hungry and eat only rabbit (which is very low fat, but relatively abundant in the winter when food is scarce) you will develop terrible problems like diarrhea. You actually starve to death faster eating rabbit than eating nothing.

I love eating low carb. I don't find it to be depriving too much. How much better I feel on it is absolutely worth it.

Btw if you're going to ever do it, read Atkins' book. Do not attempt to do it based on "stuff you heard", which is mostly incorrect.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19798 posts)
Congrats, Kelly!

I don't believe in diets because diets are deprivation, and quick weight loss is rarely sustained. Slow but steady weight loss is allows your body to adjust to a new weight which makes it easier to maintain. Your journey should be about finding a way to eat for the rest of your life, not until you lose 10lbs. Don't concentrate on your weight; think about the other benefits of your healthy eating regimen such as energy, health, better skin tone.

Also think about having your hormones checked...the little fuckers. That could be making loss of fat and weight difficult.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5295 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 877   End
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)