Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Fitness › What's your WOD (workout of the day)
TOPIC: What's_your_WOD_(workout_of_the_day)
« Prev  1 ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ... 284  Next »
121 to 130 of 2833
User Details are only visible to members.
Hey Chez, what would you recommend for upper arm build up for someone that has had a double mastectomy? Any weights I lift seem to work my chest muscles, which are now beneath my reconstruction and implants, and still feel weird even after almost three years. Any suggestions would be great.

~lady~

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(2965 posts)
I guess I am between rare and a Unicorn.... LOL

Shoulders and Traps Today - GVT Routine; Dumb Bell Arnold Seated Presses - 10 sets, 5 reps, Dumb Bell Raises 4 sets, 8 reps, Front Dumb Bell Raises 4 sets, 8 reps. Low Cable Close Grip Pull Ups 4 sets, 12 reps. Bar Bell Trap Shrugs 10 sets, 5 reps. Low Cable Trap Shrugs 4 sets, 20 reps.

Parsippany NJ
Username hidden
(372 posts)
One other thing for the younger guys here ... hubby has offered this advice to a lot of them.

It's hard to stand out at 20 ... most guys look good, but when you keep it til 40, look around. Most guys are a flabby mess, but there are LOTS of women in great shape. Also, after 40, your testosterone levels start to plummet ... use it or lose it like everything else. If you're hitting the gym hard, they don't fall like that.

At 50, a hard body guy is rare and at 60, they're like unicorns. It's sooooooooooo worth it to be able to do anything physical you want to, and to still have the testosterone levels of a 20 year old ... you'll not be needing those little blue pills!

Knoxville TN
Username hidden
(113 posts)
We are dedicated gym rats, working out 7 times a week on a 5 day schedule, and living on low carb high protein diet.

Anyone into exercise knows there is no such thing as a muscle that pushes ... they all contract, but the movement can be push or pull. For example, you push down when your tricep contracts and pull up when your bicep contracts ... I need to explain that to explain our system.

Mondays and Tuesdays are "push days." Exercises like bench press, tricep extension, military press ... all upper body push. We do two a days on Tuesday and Friday ... Tuesday's second workout is focused to really hit whatever push muscle group we are most wanting to develop and abs.

Wednesday legs, lower back and abs.

Thursday and Friday are "pull days." Exercises like lat pull, chin up, curl, shrug, etc ... all upper body pull. Like Tuesday, the second work out on Friday is focused to really hit whatever pull muscle group we are most wanting to develop and abs.

The logic is this. The only thing more important than exercise and diet is REST/RECOVERY. After our PUSH series, we don't work them again for 5 days. Same with pull ... hit them hard and 5 days off. Legs has a six day break.

A tip ... if you are doing routines of "3 sets of 10," that will never build muscle effectively. It should be two sets of 10 and then a third set to failure. 10-10-13 for example where you just cannot get 14. The logic ... you keep muscle by working the muscle you've got ... you build muscle by trying to work muscle you haven't got. Once you get to comfortably doing 15 ... increase your weight.

Also, we integrate cardio ... I'm on the treadmill or stepper for 2 minutes while he does his set and then switch back and forth thru the entire workout. It keeps your heart rate up.

Some people like heavier sets of fewer reps but hubby won't touch anything he cannot do 10 with BECAUSE at our ages, we don't want to risk damaging anything.

Hubby is 60 ... about 15% body fat and his 16.5 inch arms together are bigger than his 30 inch waist. I've been working out right with him for years and years, but he has been at it all his life. His best bench press was 315 (years ago when he was boxing at 5'6" 132 pounds), but he doesn't stress himself with maximums anymore.

This is a system that works really well if you dedicate the time and effort ... we have a really fabulous home gym ... all industrial quality equipment. Probably about $15K invested.

Knoxville TN
Username hidden
(113 posts)
Weights, shoulders and back day then swing party tonight for my ab workout!!!!

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(2455 posts)
Black not arguing with the Mrs is a good idea. When she was housewife she was so bored she got her black belt in Akito. She would do Akito one day and ballet the next. Those Akito sticks of hers look wicked.lol

She is much happier now with her business and me doing the housewife stuff

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(2455 posts)
....just 45 minutes of elliptical today. wimpy me!

if i can muster the energy tomorrow after a verrrrry early wake up, i will "make up" for lost fitness time.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(14148 posts)
Biceps and Triceps today. Super set EZ Bar curls and Cable Triceps Extensions - 5 sets, 8 reps or to failure. One superset to finish off consisting of 1). Dumb bell curls, 2). Hammer curl, 3). Cross Body Hammer Curl and 4). Cable Rope Triceps extensions

Parsippany NJ
Username hidden
(372 posts)
I'll take the Lake but I won't argue with the Mrs.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6115 posts)
Kayak lake mead and Mrs is doing a martial arts class at the gym.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(2455 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ... 284  Next »
121 to 130 of 2833
TOPIC: What's your WOD (workout of the day)
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.