Weight loss plateau : Swingers Discussion 2073301041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessWeight loss plateau
TOPIC: Weight loss plateau
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   41 to 45 of 45 
User Details are only visible to members.
Thank U, my %body fat drooped from 34 to about 19-20% measured with caliper early morning. I also take Whey Protein shake (morning and after workout at night) and Flax oil I also lift heavy: for arms I use 30lb dumbbell, for pecks and back 80lb. Most of the time however I do push-ups and pull-downs in the gym. The total workout lasts about 60min. It took me over 8 months to achieve this. I have to admit that fitness is addictive.. see results and it just boosts motivation. Will keep you posted how I do..but I think you guys have a point genetics do play a role..my father I remember used to grow only on belly..

New York NY

Username hidden
(313 posts)
First, congrats on the weight loss. That was a significant drop. So your body is making some adjustments.

You may not be eating enough calories. With that significant weight loss your metabolism is compromised. Make sure you have some protein throughout the day, and cut back a little on the carbs.

Forget the cardio for awhile and get serious with some weight training. Get good instruction/coaching for free weights (really works the core). The muscles burn more calories even at rest.

Last - genetics plays a big role on where the fat is stored and where it is lost. All we can do is maximize our genetic potential and enjoy a healthy lifestyle that reduces our risk for chronic disease and acute injuries. The side benefit is we look better for it. Unfortunately, as we get older, the little "pooch" gets more difficult to get rid of (I have a six-pack AND a little fat pad below the belly button; and lost most of my boobs when my body fat went down this summer).

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
I dont think that I would qualify for lipo its really not that much about 2.5cm, besides I would prefer to stay away from knives..you sure it wont go way with just fitness..

New York NY

Username hidden
(313 posts)
Dear Sardukar...

The weight loss plateau is common, but your issue seems not to be the weight loss plateau but the periumbilical fat accumulation. Sadly, this is commonly genetic. Fortunately, if it is an issue for you, liposuction can address it. We would be surprised if LS couples--especially of the type you seek--would worry about it.

Congratulations on your fitness achievements. You can be proud of them!

FL

Atlanta GA

Username hidden
(436 posts)
My wife and I decided to get feet wet in the life style about 1 1/5 ago and I figure before doing anything lets get in shape first..so I hit the gym hard and start doing cardio and lifting heavy..the result: went from size 38 to size 34 and from 210lb to 175lb..and this is where I stopped no matter what I do it wont budge. I lowered my cal. intake to less than 1500/day, increased the cardio to 45min/day plus 30min of lifting..still no go..In general the fat melted everywhere but around the bellybutton. I look ridiculous with a 4 pack and fat pad. :-) Ideas ?

PS the cardio is either elliptical for 45 min or running for 3 miles or HIIT /Tabata for 25min the heart rate goes up to 180b/min to no more 200.

New York NY

Username hidden
(313 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   41 to 45 of 45 
TOPIC: Weight loss plateau