Weight loss plateau : Swingers Discussion 2073301031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessWeight loss plateau
TOPIC: Weight loss plateau
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 45   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I was at a weight loss standstill a week or so ago. So frustrating. I cut my calories even more and it did nothing. I then upped my calorie intake and the weight started coming off again. I think I had gone down too far in my calories and my body went into "starvation mode" and was hanging onto the weight.

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(511 posts)
80 lb is huge..thats a lot of weight man big kudos... You are right I redesign my workout plan and planning to stress on compound exercises.

New York NY
Username hidden
(317 posts)
Work multi-joint exercises; Squats, deads, bench press, military press, pull ups. Those work the largest muscle groups and burn the most calories.

Two years ago i weighed 280, and stripped that down to 199 in 8 months with zero cardio,just heavy weights and diet.

Canton OH
Username hidden
(50 posts)
If you are looking at high volume/intensity exercise, then 1 g per lb GOAL weight for your height is more than plenty. Anything more than 2 g per kilogram is just wasted no matter how much weight lifting you are doing (body can't use it for building blocks, just converts to energy and if not used as calories then stored as fat).

Mix up your workouts! Lift heavy/short or light/long. Dumbbells have their use, but so do barbells, jump ropes, pullups, pushups, kettle bells, running, rowing, so many different things you can do. And it doesn't have to be hours in the gym.

My workout today (after warming up, mobility, and doing a couple rounds of max rep pullups) was only 14 min (and should have been shorter but I needed too much rest during my handstand pushups). It was 15 (reps) of Front Squats (95 lbs), Handstand pushups, followed by 12 reps of each and then 9 reps of each. Cleaned the bar from the ground for each round of the squats. Yesterday we did 3 rounds of 400m run, 12 heavy deadlifts (175 lb for me), 21 burpees. Just under 20 min. Tonight going to do a yoga class. Tomorrow? Who knows. Constantly varied, never specialized, across all facets of fitness (endurance, stamina, agility, strength, flexibiility, power, speed, coordination, balance, accuracy).

Challenge yourself and HAVE FUN. The weight (and body composition changes) will happen as a side effect/benefit.

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(953 posts)
How frequently are you changing up your workout? Varying rep ranges and exercises every month or six weeks will help break through plateaus.

Definitely aim for at least 1g of protein per pound of body weight. Unless your genetics are truly blessed, that alone will not seriously bulk you up and turn you into a Jay Cutler.

Sometimes an awesome cheat meal will help kick start your metabolism also.

Canton OH
Username hidden
(50 posts)
I was listening to a couple podcasts that addressed the weight loss plateau issue from two different angles: one from nutrition and one from exercise. The plateau apparently can happen for a few different reasons, including that your body becomes efficient at the exercises it has learned to do through repetition and it becomes efficient at storing energy even when food has lessened.

The suggestion from both sides was basically the same: switch things up a bit. Alter your calorie intake a bit throughout the week, so your body does not get used to some amount of calories. Change your exercise routine, so your body is not maximizing its efficiency as you do something familiar. Add the occasional different exercise(s) that your body is not so accustomed to doing and has to work hard at (and therefore burn more energy).

Federal Way WA
Username hidden
(39 posts)
I am using Whey Gold Standard..I think Im doing it wrong. I use one scoop after workout which is 25g. The note says 1g per lb weight..so I need 175g/day. Isn't that for bulking up ? Ok so this month I'm going of high protein (will try about 100g/day) low carb/fat diet with cardio only on Fri..the other days will hit the dumbbells. See how that works. Chekc out Rob Riches man what a body huh ?

New York NY
Username hidden
(317 posts)
Big congrats on the weight loss, especially in only eight months. Yes, it is VERY addicting working out! If I don't go to the gym or at least run for 3-4+ days I get into a very bad mood!

1500 calories isn't alot at all! As the others said, try to go for a high protein diet. Shakes are great, but you'll need more then a shake a day to get the protein you need. I try to get in at least 120-ish grams of protein in a day and it can be difficult due to just normal everyday life. The thing is that your body can only absorb about 10 grams of protein an hour, so I kind of have to eat around a "schedule". If I eat 30 grams of protein, I wait 3-4 hours before I eat another meal. It sucks at first, but you get used to it.

For example I might go something like:

Shake for breakfast plus a banana = 25 grams of protein

Tuna-something for lunch = 30 grams

Another shake around 3-4pm = 25 grams

Dinner (I eat ALOT of grilled chicken breasts!) = 30 grams

And then a random snack later on with maybe 10-20 grams of protein.

Altogether it's 130 grams. Like I said, it's really hard to do this at first since you have to get used to eating at set times, and there's a lot of days I only get 100 or so just because I don't have a chance to eat. Good luck!

Toms River NJ
Username hidden
(1069 posts)
Never done carb cycling... that's a good idea . thanx.

New York NY
Username hidden
(317 posts)
First, congratulations!

Abdominal fat is the most stubborn and usually the last to go. Have you tried carb cycling? I agree with the previous poster about cutting cardio. Heavy weights 4x a week will lean you down if you eat enough protein.

if that doesn't work, there's always clen...

Canton OH
Username hidden
(50 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 45   End
TOPIC: Weight loss plateau