Weight loss plateau : Swingers Discussion 2073301011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessWeight loss plateau
TOPIC: Weight loss plateau
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   11 to 20 of 45   End
User Details are only visible to members.
70 g CHO is probably NOT enough. Average human body runs more efficiently with about 150 g CHO per day (not 70 g). When I work with women w/ PCOS or metabolic syndrome, the recommendation I use is 45 g CHO per meal.

And 135 g protein may be too much (wasted). 1 g/lb body weight is maximum when you are an endurance athlete (breaking down tissue constantly). If you are inactive, then half that is what your body needs. So maybe settle for something in the middle, like 90-110 g? That would be about 30% of your total calories.

Overall, if you are too ketotic, your body suffers. Your ratios may be too acidic.

Paleo is a modified version of Atkins, without the ketosis unless you do something called "The Whole 30" (people in my gym who do it, I can tell, they have keto breath/sweat, it stinks). It's sort of what I've been doing this summer, but I still have dairy and soy (soy milk & peanut butter). And I have 1 cheat meal per week (usually its frosted chocolate cake).

[btw, I happen to also be a registered dietitian].

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(955 posts)
@kind - I KNOW!!! I basically can't eat cereal. I was always a fan of granola type cereals and those are 40+ grams of carbs for like a half cup. And who the h*ll eats only a half a cup of cereal?!

For the most part, yes, my new way of eating is working great especially combined with an hour of exercise 3-5 days a week. I know it's probably not enough, but it's what I can manage.

I am just really struggling with being hungry all the time recently. It's a constant fight with myself NOT to eat. And I can only eat so many celery and carrot sticks before I wanna barf. LOL

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(539 posts)
I'm 5'4", 140. I'm trying to stick with the following: Calories - 1350 Protein - 135 Carbs - 101 Fat - 45

I'm usually ok with my calories, but always seem to fall short of the protein. Fat is usually fine, almost always under. But it's a fight to keep my carbs down. How you can keep yours around 70 is beyond me! And how people do ketogenic diets where their carbs are under 30...I have no idea.

I was born and raised in Hawaii where we eat rice with everything, so giving up rice has been hard. Sometimes, I'll splurge and have a 1/2 cup of brown rice.

But I'm finding I'm so bored with eating the same things. I'm dying for some pizza! LOL

And right now, I can't exercise, so being mindful of my food intake is all I can do.

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(539 posts)
i keep forgetting this! good carbs are complex carbs, and not good carbs are simple carbs right? ------------------------------ I'm not a dietitian or nutritionist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn express last night:

To me: Good Carbs - Fruits/Dark Veggies/some dairy/occasional rice (whole grain/brown) things like this generally.

Bad Carbs: Breads, Pastas, Beer (I just love it!), sugary stuff, syrup, jelly, jam, donuts, muffins, Starches, potatoes, Little debbie Swiss Rolls(an old favorite!) , just about any fast food, ice cream, French Fries, Twinkies, processed foods fall in this for me too.

I'm not very scientific about this part...LOL

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Excellent work ladies!

I did a Paleo challenge for a month (look it up, but basically if a cave-man did eat it, you don't eat it.) It was educational, but I know why the cave man is extinct, bored to death from eating the same, bland flavorless stuff! LOL

Years ago I did Atkins/low carb and similar to Paleo, I've basically learned to skip the obvious stuff: Bread, Rice, Pasta, Starches, sugars, processed stuff, etc. and moderation on everything else. Beer is still a weakness, but it's about the last one I have. (well, that and fun women!)

Good carbs are OK in moderation - gotta have some.

Best thing I've learned from a lifetime of being out of shape and overweight, all the dieting/eating/etc, doesn't matter if you're not moving, exercising or doing some activity. I'd just starve my body and then it always came back to bite me in the bigger ass I had.

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
5'3", now 135 lb. Ave 100g/d protein, 160 g/d carbs (fruit, veg, milk/yogurt, sometimes rice/baked potato), 35-60 g fat/d. Goal 1400-1800 kcal/d. There have been 2000 calorie days (maybe 2-3 per month) this summer. Crossfit workouts (high intensity, most "short" duration, constantly varied, functional movements, weight lifting), gradually added some jogging (1-2 times a week) because I am doing a leg in the Ragnar Relay in Nov and got talked into the LV 1/2 Marathon in Dec.

10 lb lost since end of June when I started my gym challenge.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(955 posts)
Kind,

How about fish? beef (Lean), beans?

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
I find that when I get close to 1200 calories a day I get really woozy. I'm trying to stick with my 1350 and do pretty well most days. I have a hard time keeping my protein up, tho. And a hard time keeping carbs down. Even without eating bread, rice or pasta...I'm almost always over my carb limit.

I'm trying the 40-30-30 (P-C-F). For the most part it's working great for me. My tummy is sooo much flatter and even starting to get some definition. Hubby walked into the bedroom when I was changing and said "Whoa! You're starting to get abs!" LOL

But trying to find things to eat other than stuff with carbs is getting really frustrating.

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(539 posts)
Check this: blog. foodnetwork. com/ healthyeats/ 2012/ 09/ 21/ 7-ways-to-overcome-a-weight-loss-plateau/ (remove all spaces)

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(955 posts)
I've been using MyFitnessPal to track intake all summer (part of my gym challenge). Lowest day was 1200, highest was 2700. Goal is ~1500-1800/d. Lost 10 lbs this summer. Some ups & downs (yup, water/monthly cycle sucks). Yes, 1000 is too low (unless you are 4'8").

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(955 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   11 to 20 of 45   End
TOPIC: Weight loss plateau