Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness Weight-Lifting Program
TOPIC: Weight-Lifting Program
Created by: irishrose22
Original Starting post for this thread:
A trainer, friend of mine, that lives in florida tells me to make sure I warm up on the treadmill for 10 minutes, then do weight-training, and finish with cardio. He said the sequence is essential. The other way around is counter-productive for losing weight.

If anyone would like to put their routine for weights on here, I would gladly appreciate it. I have a rough idea of my old routine, but all would help. Thanks in advance.

~R

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I get on the eliptical for 30 minutes as a warm up for lifting every other day...then I work my chest, shoulders, and back...if I have time I then get on the treadmill for about 30- 45 minutes....I lost 30 lbs in the first month and a half (265 to 235)....since I've stepped up my lifting (and supplements) I have now (as of dr's visit today) gained 20lbs back...mainly on my chest, arms, shoulders, and back...waist size dropped 4 inches and has stayed there.....so would agree with your friend....remember 3 extra pounds of muscle burns 150 calories a day....good luck and have fun

Reading PA
Username hidden
(790 posts)
Wow! Thank you 1Sexy! Thanks for keeping me motivated. :)

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Thank you Funlovin! It is a hard thing for women to grasp. It's only been the last couple years that I have finally embrassed it. Weight is subjective....140lb on one woman looks different on another woman of the same height. Most people would never guess my correct weight. Muscle is very deceiving on the scale. Trust how you look in the mirror and feel....and not the scale because it means nothing when you are weight lifting.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
My trainer told me this years ago, but I recently read this again in the Abs Diet Book. Cardio only burns calories for the time you are actually exercising to about 2 hours after your work out. Weight lifting burns calories during the session and up to 48 hours after your work out. You burn more calories weight lifting than cardio because of the huge metabolism rush your body gets for a full two days. Muscle burns more calories... so if you want to lose weight... lift weights but don't pay attention to the scales because muscle weights more than fat. Pay attention to your dress size and the way you look.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
With me, traditional cardio is akin to torture. I swear I'd rather pull my nails out with pliers than be on a treadmill for 30 minutes. So I have to go with different workouts. What I'm currently doing is this: I do yoga and budokon, next day I do ab ripper x and the next day I do kenpo. I'm going to tell all of those that do not think yoga is tough: Holy smokes do you get a good weight workout in yoga! However, for me its more about toning than weight loss. I want to shape up and suck in loose skin. I am waiting for my new yoga/cardio/ballet workout to arrive probably tomorrow, I'm SO excited about it! Shelly

Username hidden
(23991 posts)
Lost J1, believe me, it takes hard hard work of lifting heavy weights for women to build any type of bulky muscle. I competed in natural bodybuilding and won two trophies. I do have a pic on here if anyone wishes to see. Believe me after working hard day in day out, I did not have bulky muscles. I toned nicely and strengthened muscles that were already there. I did not work hard for the old T and A fitness shows lol. We were natural bodybuilders. Women do not have enough testosterone in them to build big muscle, and if they do....well you know what they're doing then. If anyone has any questions about weight lifting I'll be more than glad to help. T

Lancaster PA
Username hidden
(544 posts)
With me, I have to do low weight more reps so I don't build bulk muscle. My poor body is normally not the longest LOL, so I have to build longer, more lean muscle. Shell

Username hidden
(23991 posts)
Ok, thanks Content. I understand a little better now.

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
Mr. Content - what is the basis of the 2nd part(specifics)?

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
thanks for the welcome!

Bogart GA
Username hidden
(4 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
TOPIC: Weight-Lifting Program