We would like to see a show of hands who are : Swingers Discussion 1718501051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessWe would like to see a show of hands who are
TOPIC: We would like to see a show of hands who are
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 219   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Good Times at the old box tonight!

Warm up - 1K meter row time trial - last was 3:33.9 - today 3:30.0! Sweet, shaved :03.9 seconds!

Then 2 rounds: 10 Good mornings w/pvc 10 Shoulder rolls 10 Air Squates 10 Push Ups

Hang Power Cleans 3/2/1/1/1 115/135/145/155/160 F(dang!) 155 was a 20# PR from 11/2! Something on hang cleans "clicked" tonight! Yay Me!

WOD 5 rounds for time: 30 Situps (started laying my legs flat out instead of bent up) 25 Supermans 9:02

5x3 GHD sit-ups to real parallel

3 Kipping Pull-ups unassisted (damn, one of the trainers saw me...good by bands, maybe!) and managed a few single double-unders to single unders and back to doubles...but I was whooped by the time I was doing them.

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
..and I just got inline rollerblades ..if you dont hear anything from me...probably I broke bones..

New York NY
Username hidden
(318 posts)
This morning: Death by Pullups/Pushups. Got through 9th round + 10 pullups, then continued with 11, 12, and 13 reps of just the pushups. (on the minute start with 1 & 1, at the top of the next minute do 2 & 2, continue at the top of the minute 3/3, 4/4, etc until you cannot complete both exercises within the minute, then continue at the top of the minute with just the pushups until you run out of time).

Worked on Turkish Getups with kettlebell. 8 kg x 3, 12 kg x 3, 16 kg x 1.

Strength program week 4: Back squats 5 x 2 @ 85% 1RM = 135 lb.

Went back this afternoon for the Leanfit WOD: ?5 rounds for time of: 300 m Row, 7 Bear Complexes 55 lbs, 25 Double Unders. Yay for all but 1 round DU *unbroken*! 18:54 (wasn't trying to be super fast, didn't rush from the rower to the barbell outside to back inside to row). Important to do the Bear Complex unbroken, and trying to dial-in my double unders (which I think I did today).

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(958 posts)
Mrs. SVC - yes, after that you are dang near certifiable!

I did some sled pushing this weekend at a box open-house - 180# on asphalt. Now that really burned my ass!

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
yeah, i know, i'm crazy.

went back to CF7 to do their alternate "Leanfit" WOD: 15 min AMRAP: 2 Clean & Jerk (85 lb self assigned, cause 65 lb would have been too easy), 5 supine ring rows (incline too easy), and 10 pushups (strict). 10 rds + 2-5-2 reps in the 11th rd.

THEN drove down to GSX. spent 12 min to find 1RM of Squat Snatch complex (1 muscle, 1 hang, 1 power). 34.6 kg (~78 lb). Then did 4 individual sets at 85% (65 lb). Just working on form. Went outside for sled pulls (gravel road). Never done sled pulls before. Dragged 120 lbs x 100m. Twice uphill, twice downhill.

fun fun fun. iced hip & knee afterwards. hope i can still move tomorrow. but i had fun!

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(958 posts)
Warm Up - 2 rounds 10 Overhead squats w/PVC 10 Box jumps 24" 10 Walking Lunges 10 Tuck Jumps

Deadlift 5/5/5 - 275/295/315 10# PR for 5x!

WOD - 3 rounds for time 800M Run with 2:00 rest between 4:06 - 4:23 - 4:30

Last 8/13 pre-cankle 3:58-3:55-3:59 Not totally bummed, but a little.

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
SVC - Good work! I know what you mean about avoiding DL - since I tweaked my back a bit about a month ago, I've been ginger with my DL since. But, I am also back up to my PR and next time I'll be adding to it to get back on track!

I also ditched the straight grip and went back to the cross grip on DL. Amazingly, that added back about 20# of ability.

We also like to hang from the rig for grip strength. I'll have to suggest the farmer carry to the guys.

Sardu - that's all great sounding stuff. Most of it is not available to me because I'm working strictly Crossfit right now, but thanks for sharing.

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Then someone like me has both bursitis and piriformis syndrome (sciatic nerve inflammation). Living on celebrex (cause the motrin stopped working).

Today, started with working up to a heavy power clean. Stopped at 115 lb (no squat allowed). Then, a new benchmark WOD for me. "Christine" 3 rds 500m row, 12 bodyweight deadlift (135 lb), 21 box jump (20"). 13:34 (goal next time is DL unbroken, probably could have done that this time but I have been staying away from DL all summer).

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(958 posts)
One more thing the amount of muscle tears is really not that significant while there is some damage of the muscle fibers there is no damage at all the level of the vasculature. The muscle sourness is not due to a trauma but because the muscle work anaerobically during heavy lifting. That means that they accumulate lactic acid as a side product. That is what is causing the sourness. The inflammatory changes are mostly around the ligament insertion point where the actual trauma happens. That is why heavy lifters have mostly problems with bursitis and tendinitis which are joint and tendons problems. ;-)

New York NY
Username hidden
(318 posts)
You mean the aspirin...it has a dual action it is the best anti-inflammatory agent when taken at a high dose over 300mg as well as pain relieving effect, the blood thinning action is when is taken at a low dose for a period of time like 70mg (baby aspirin)...It is the most wildly used over the counter medication 60000 tons/year aspirin is consumed worldwide.. ;-) So 2 aspirins after workout is just fine.

New York NY
Username hidden
(318 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 219   End
TOPIC: We would like to see a show of hands who are