We would like to see a show of hands who are : Swingers Discussion 17185010211
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessWe would like to see a show of hands who are
TOPIC: We would like to see a show of hands who are
GoTo Page: Less ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Start   211 to 219 of 219 
User Details are only visible to members.
Thanks for that post wm. I'm thinking about it in the fall/winter .. .. I really do need to scale to it. I thought I would adjust it some for my age. I did that Insanity workout for a bit and feel now I would have done better had I not started so hard.

Livermore CA
Username hidden
(3633 posts)
I did the main site WODS for almost a year, almost five years ago. The supposedly random WODs at that time might have you doing 300 pull-ups in a week. Being older and having more than a few athletic miles on my body I found that it wasn't the best way to workout for me on a long term basis. I still do Metcon type workouts twice a week, but keep them short....about 10 mins.....no more Murph or 5 Round Fight Gone Bad for me . It sounds like you've found a good affiliate and are are enjoying yourself. Good luck with the fundraiser.

Bill

Chambersburg PA
Username hidden
(27 posts)
Yes, I've read that opinion/letter. Xfit being repetative is a fault of the programmer or the athlete. If you followed the main site program, every day is different and there is rest days built into it. Strength days are also in the mix. Some boxes/trainers/members forget the benefit of just doing a strength WOD. This past 8 weeks we built on CF Strength with the beginner cycle. Concentrated on back squat, shoulder press, dead lift, bench press, power clean, power snatch. 3 x 5 starting at 60% 1RM then add 5-10# each week. At the end I was doing 3 x 5 at my previous 1RM. Still haven't rechecked those cause we started a new cycle for strength. I'm doing 3 metcons a week and 2-4 strengths. I love our coach's programming. This Saturday we're doing Fight Gone Bad 6 - a fundraiser for Special Operations Warriors Foundation (scholarships for the kids of our service members killed/wounded). My current score is 265, my goal is 275 and raising more than $600. Expecting over 150 members/athletes/enthusiast this year. And hoping for more cheerleading friends/family. Going to be legen.....wait for it.....dary! - h

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(956 posts)
I've done it in the past.....a 45 minutes "Murph" on my 50th birthday was the high point. My problem with XFit was that the repetitive nature of the workouts beat up my old body. In addition, while I was certainly gaining aerobic fitness, I was getting weaker. I've been doing Greyskull LP for a few months and am very happy with the results. FYI, Google Greyskull and Crossfit together to see the letter the owner wrote to resign his Crossfit affiliation...interesting read.

Chambersburg PA
Username hidden
(27 posts)
Hi, I'm Holly and I'm a Crossfit Addict. hahahaha. Drunk the koolaide a couple of years ago. Right now I'm doing a strength program with only 3 days/week Metcon. Sep 17th is Fight Gone Bad 6 (annual fundraiser). 4 boxes in the valley are joining up at our local Whole Foods parking lot to do this (last year we had about 100 athletes go through the WOD).

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(956 posts)
Yes we both do Crossfit and it ROCKS!!!!

Huntington WV
Username hidden
(1 post)
Never done one, but I hear you are sore for days after....Similar to another activity I enjoy ;-)

Newport Beach CA
Username hidden
(79 posts)
Hi, several have opened in this area. A friend of ours says it is an amazing workout. I want to try when I have more time, after the holidays.

Pipersville PA
Username hidden
(72 posts)
A Crossfit couple! Anyone doing or have done Crossfit?

Seaside CA
Username hidden
(1 post)
GoTo Page: Less ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Start   211 to 219 of 219 
TOPIC: We would like to see a show of hands who are