We would like to see a show of hands who are : Swingers Discussion 17185010171
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessWe would like to see a show of hands who are
TOPIC: We would like to see a show of hands who are
GoTo Page: Less ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Start   171 to 180 of 219   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Rest is just as important as work out days. But you can make it "active" rest (hike, walk, easy swimming, stretching, easy yoga). I tried to do a little extra walking at work today, carried some boxes from one office to another across the building (two trips). 6am tomorrow (dunno what it is yet). I'm trying to do doubles on Saturday. Either jog (training for half marathon in December) at 7a or 9a CF WOD (for just us gals); then 11a regular CF WOD (we don't know the Saturday WODs until the trainer puts them on the board). Sunday may be something with rope climbs (need better padding on my ankles, keep getting rope burns). Monday 6a, Tuesday 6a, then usually rest Wed. Depending on how things go, may rest Tuesday, though. Agreed, feel sluggish at night if I didn't get in a WOD.

"Hi, I'm Holly, and I'm a Crossfit Addict".

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
@southvegascpl - Wodiversary Wod will be....*drumroll please

POWER ELIZABETH 21-15-9 Cleans @ 135 RX Ring Dips

I did this 4 days into Crossfit (after on-ramp) - Didn't write down my Cleans weight Ring Dips were on training bars! Doah 11:08

Today I could do 115-120 on the cleans and Ring Dips with Red/Blue

By the time I do this (6 months from Today, actually) it WILL be full RX and Quick!

Forging Elite Fitness!

PS. I hate rest days...itching to do some work!

Jacksonville FL

Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Excellent work! My nephew's in the Navy, currently in Afghanistan (yeah, where's the water?) He got my sister and niece hooked and now me.

Scalability, that's one of the things that go me hooked on Crossfit!

I started off on the PVC bars on the floor for Ring Dips and now I'm up to Red/Blue and getting ready to dump the Red.

I could barely even hang from the rig, let alone get a bend in my arms.

Scalability should be promoted more, it's what gets people involved who think they can't do Crossfit. ANYONE can do this! ------------------ "As you lose weight it will get much easier to do these body weight gymnastic moves. And underneath you will have some great strength." ------------------ Funny story - first 3 months I was feeling stronger (pull ups, box jumps, etc) and attributing it to loosing weight (I don't weigh myself, except at DR) figure I was getting lighter, not necessarily stronger....went to doc and only lost like 5 pounds! I was amazed, I now understand it's totally about being "FIT" not skinny.

Damn, I wanna get to the WOD, but it's my rest day! Dang! LOL It's a disease folks. :-)

Jacksonville FL

Username hidden
(2271 posts)
After my first CF WOD (while in Iraq) I set a goal of doing a pullup. We didn't have bands at first, did a lot of jumping pullups. Finally got blue bands. Took me six weeks but I finally got my pullup (did 2 in a row, actually got it on video)! Current best is 15 max reps.

About a month into CF I did Murph the hard way (run on treadmill, all 100 pullups before the 200 pushups, then the 300 squats, then run on treadmill). 1 hr 26 min. And pushups were not chest to deck but were straight leg (AF requirement). Pullups were with the band. Most recently (earlier this year) did it the usual way (20 rounds of Cindy & running outside). I'm in the 55 min range. Pushup stamina is still a problem for me. Have to break them down to 5 at a time.

HSPU down to 1 abmat right now (or full range with red band on the pullup rig). I only got pistols this summer. Highly recommend mixed grip on the Deadlift. I'm using mixed grip on chest-to-bar pullups and toes-2-bar now. I can do a couple ring dips RX but when they are in a WOD I'll use 1/2 red band (knee is only on 1 of the 2 pieces). Took me about 2 years to get to this point.

You're making great progress. As you lose weight it will get much easier to do these body weight gymnastic moves. And underneath you will have some great strength.

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
My Crossfit Goals:

1. Handstand Push Ups...I can do the handstand, not the pushup...yet 2. Double Unders - stringing more than one or two together 3. Getting off the bands on Pull-ups (Red x 2) 4. Getting off the bands on Ring Dips (Red/Blue) 5. Getting off knee Push ups (I can get about 10 real in a row, then it's to the knees) 6. Breaking my current 1x deadlift of 315# (just changed my grip, went backwards) 7. Doing "Annie" under 10:00 8. Getting my 2K row under 8:00 9. Doing a full "Murph" (currently 1/2 Murph @ 21:30 Blue band/Knees PU) 10. Having a couple respond to my emails...LOL

Jacksonville FL

Username hidden
(2271 posts)
"Are you watching the Games on ESPN2? " ---------- No, don't have cable at the moment, but when they were on our box was all about the games, my sister has a Froning shirt and wears the headband! LOL The box owner and his son went to the games. The owner knows "Coach" personally. Kewl.

I'm looking forward to doing a Tough Mudder next year - that's my goal right now. And getting off bands by end of October, my birthday (49). I'm still working on my "Kip".

5/21 - Last time I did "Helen" I was rowing (bad left knee) and I did a 19:17 (row was 500M) and my pull-ups were Blue x 2)

Next time I do Helen will be with Redx2 or Bluex1(hopefuly) and full run now. I've found my knee problems(existing) have more to do with Pistols and box jumps than with running.

Good On ya! Embrace your scabs. Remind me to show you my failed 40" box jump scars sometime...LOL. *Ala ET ... OOOUUCCH!

Jacksonville FL

Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Great job on all your progress!

We did "Helen" this morning. Previous best time was 12:09 in Hawaii last year (but I'm pretty sure their run is short). This morning did 12:34 with a longer run (ours is about 410m because of our loading ramp).

Also did 5x3 Cleans at 110 lb (week 8 of 8 for strength progression - next week we go for PR).

This was day 5 in a row for me so tomorrow is rest (except for Clean & Jerk OLift Clinic in the evening).

Are you watching the Games on ESPN2?

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
Bumppity Bump. Crossfit is saving my life!

Here have some Koolaid

Yesterday - Warm up, Strength Front Squat 3-3-3-1-1 155/165/175/195/195 10#pr WOD: 3 Rounds 21 1 Arm KB swing 1pd -Right 21 Pull-ups (Red x 2) 21 1 Arm KB swing 1pd-Left 21 Knees to elbows (chest) working on kip 24:34

Today-Warm up, Strength: Strict press 3-3-3-3 115/125/135/140 2xF (5#pr) 105 x12 WOD: EMOM 12:00 3 Squat Cleans - 95# (should have done 105, but good form today with full ROM)

LOVE IT!

Jacksonville FL

Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Just riding and recently lifting weights.Life is good.I do use my many herbals to maintain the endocrine system naturally.

Long Pond PA

Username hidden
(130 posts)
:-)

Lyndhurst NJ

Username hidden
(3580 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Start   171 to 180 of 219   End
TOPIC: We would like to see a show of hands who are